• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham vs WBA***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Spot on. We've been up and down in terms of performances. Probably overall getting about the point total we've deserved so far.

In the mix (all that really matters at this point), but we've had a fairly comfortable fixture list so far. Next 6 as you say will be more telling. Will need that ability to grind out results, and also keep being solid at the back against much better teams. But the positive is that we'll probably get more space and counter attacking opportunities if we can keep defending well.

Interesting times.

I think that we might fare a little better in more open games against better teams. We certainly seem to be struggling to break down teams playing with a back three/five.

When did we last play counter attacking as the main strategy?

I think that it is our predominant tactic, particularly against good teams but even against poorer teams, we tend to drop back after taking the lead and look to hit on the break. The problem over the last few weeks is we haven't been able to take an early lead.

It suits our counter attacking game. I'm expecting a lot more 4-4-2 over the next six weeks.

With bale and kane inter changing by playing deeper off each other.

Actually if we were to play that way it would suit dele, running from deep not having to think, just shoot.

Actually if we were to play that way it would suit dele, running from deep not having to think, just shoot.

It'll be interesting to see who he plays at #10 in that formation. The obvious candidates are Son, Bale, Lamela or Dele.

Right now bale is an odd problem as his play has been good but he abs been in no mans land a bit between midfield and attack
Son is a worry as he looks broken again and needs to get his quick play back ASAP
He has also been playing wider than normal with bale in the team

Right now bale is an odd problem as his play has been good but he abs been in no mans land a bit between midfield and attack
Son is a worry as he looks broken again and needs to get his quick play back ASAP
He has also been playing wider than normal with bale in the team

Well I get shouted at first calling son the Asian Defoe but he is just as streaky. I do like son though. He just needs a rest I think.

I think one of the reasons we have not performed with any consistency this season is the rotation program, in our 15 games this has been our changes
2. 4
3. 3
4. 6
5. 5
6. 9
7. 7
8. 5
9. 2
10. 8
11. 7
12. 9
13. 9
14. 6
15. 5

I dont care about who we are playing it's difficult to get a team to gel if you are making this many changes along with the substitutions in matches.

The heavy schedule put a strain on the players but it also limits the time for preparing for the next game with differing players and tactics, 3 to 4 changes should be about right, but mass changes with personel and position must cause some uncertainty with the players.

I think one of the reasons we have not performed with any consistency this season is the rotation program, in our 15 games this has been our changes
2. 4
3. 3
4. 6
5. 5
6. 9
7. 7
8. 5
9. 2
10. 8
11. 7
12. 9
13. 9
14. 6
15. 5

I dont care about who we are playing it's difficult to get a team to gel if you are making this many changes along with the substitutions in matches.

The heavy schedule put a strain on the players but it also limits the time for preparing for the next game with differing players and tactics, 3 to 4 changes should be about right, but mass changes with personel and position must cause some uncertainty with the players.

Agree with the sentiment but many of these changes are the same player out and then back in so your weekend team (so to speak) is the same core 8 or 9 and your mid week a different but stable core 8 or 9. So actually most of the players are still playing with the same team give or take your 3 'acceptable' changes.

Not sure you can say with certainty that squad rotation is the issue from these numbers alone.

Converse to a lot of opinion on here I thought Sissoko was fine today. I think our biggest issue is that it’s a bit like playing with 10 men playing Bale at the moment, he doesn’t seem to want to get himself involved in the game.

Dier very good I thought and Hojbjerg excellent again. Bale, Son and Doherty (assist aside) poor. The rest all ok.

I think the key in these games is to stay in them as we are doing, we can then rely on that extra bit of quality that we have to turn the draw into a win.

Agree with the sentiment but many of these changes are the same player out and then back in so your weekend team (so to speak) is the same core 8 or 9 and your mid week a different but stable core 8 or 9. So actually most of the players are still playing with the same team give or take your 3 'acceptable' changes.

Not sure you can say with certainty that squad rotation is the issue from these numbers alone.

It may appear that but our midfield is continually changing due to rotation, fitness and injury, the same could be said of the defence, only Kane and Son seem certain starters.

I don't mean to be bashing Sissoko, we know what we get with him, he works hard for the team and does a decent job defensively, but in a game like this he doesn't necessarily offer a whole lot. As soon as we got Lo Celso on and took Sissoko off, it was like we went from 10 to 11 men out there - we completely took over the game, pinged it around, very clearly took command of the game - we didn't have that weak link in the team that hindered us progressing the ball time and again. A simplified "analysis", of course, and again, I think Sissoko is doing a decent enough job for us in certain games, but we must learn to recognize when he doesn't offer us anything, and put someone else on. Changed the momentum today.

Back