• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

@braineclipse - Thought you might find the intro to the most recent Opening Arguments podcast interesting.

They talk about whether a more lefty candidate would have done better. It seems that (taking their info as read) the more left wing a candidate was positioned, the worse they did in the senate polls. Also demonstrated by the gap between them and Biden being greater the more left they are.

Bodes well for Harris if Biden is unable to complete two terms (or even less).

Us on the left have to reflect on the results and I think personally I can see this point now. Difficult journey for me!

I would suggest in terms of UK electorate Starmer will be the same and I accept this unwillingly as I was a corbynite.

Us on the left have to reflect on the results and I think personally I can see this point now. Difficult journey for me!

I would suggest in terms of UK electorate Starmer will be the same and I accept this unwillingly as I was a corbynite.
I agree. Moderate voters in the UK and the US have had little to choose from lately with Corbyn/Sanders and Farage/Trump pushing out to the extremes of their electorates.

Hopefully Starmer and Biden (Harris) represent a return to more normal times.

I just laughed out loud when watching CNN. The guy doing the numbers on the chart just said:

-"President Trump ran a great campaign in Pennsylvania. He got more votes than he did last time, when he won. His problem is that the other guy has more votes. Only that in America we don't call that a problem, we call it democracy! "

The clown is almost out of the White House to be replaced by someone who could collapse at any moment.
what a choice America has.. how did it come to this

Seeing as America likes a dynasty do we think one of Trump's sons might go up next time.

Not if Trump has anything to do with it, he clearly can't stand his sons.

Things could look very different in 3 years time. I'm sure that he will be in court on tax charges before then and the whole family are implicated in that.

Not if Trump has anything to do with it, he clearly can't stand his sons.

Things could look very different in 3 years time. I'm sure that he will be in court on tax charges before then and the whole family are implicated in that.

Ivanka 2024

Back