• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - SPURS v BRIGHTON

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
elyid said:
It's hopefully a good sign that we aren't playing well and still winning.
The team and shape is still fairly new.

What's crazy, is Liverpool have City away next week - we could go top!! COYS! :)

As mentioned in the PL Thread. Nah, what's crazy is Liverpool have conceeded the most goals this season and ARE top of the league. How does that work????

Last edited:
We haven't, only a few weeks ago we were blasting teams off the park. The season ebbs and flows, if you can win through them both you are in a good situation. On the Guardian comments after the Burnley game a Chelsea fan said that Mourinho always turns more defensive after his team has let in a number. I thought that was interesting given what has happened since West Ham.

Yeh fair enough, just feel thats three in a row now, like to see us show abit more this early energy this early on.

Anyway I will take a Sally Gunnell and move on

It's almost as though there are more than two ways of performing...

As with my criticism last season Jose needs to find a way of being defensively solid without sacrificing attacking play to do so.

The balance isn't there yet. We invite dodgy decisions and set pieces by being so cautious when in the lead. I guess we needed to grind it out today. After Thursday we just had to win, and we were cautious and a little nervous. The team will hopefully start to feel good in possession again, and start to be able to play through the press. Today we didn't have that belief, we just had to grind it out and take few risks.

Brighton have been the better team in almost every game they’ve played this season, I thought we made them look completely toothless today. All the ball but did nothing with it. Ironically if we’d played like that the same people being critical of us now would be critical of us for creating nothing and having no plan!

Id go as far as saying the have play the best football consistently from the games I’ve seen

they have 4 points.

The balance isn't there yet. We invite dodgy decisions and set pieces by being so cautious when in the lead. I guess we needed to grind it out today. After Thursday we just had to win, and we were cautious and a little nervous. The team will hopefully start to feel good in possession again, and start to be able to play through the press. Today we didn't have that belief, we just had to grind it out and take few risks.
First win at home
Was hard work but actually needed

Grinding out a result is great!
But we looked to do this today to the exclusion of our superior and natural game!
Not sure we will win more games playing like this long term!
We were poor.We don’t need to play like that against the likes of Brighton!
That’s not saying Brighton are poor but they are not in the top six in the league!

Last edited:
Grinding out a result is great!
But we looked to do this today to the exclusion of our superior and natural game!
Not sure we will win more games playing like this long term!
Today We started really well
Tubby got booked and just disappeared
Lamela started great and then went odd. Keeping the ball in for them :(
Son was toss
And it meant they could get back into it which they did with decent play
Their a great footballing side and you know my thoughts on their manager
But Hugo didn’t make a save all game did he ?!?

Today We started really well
Tubby got booked and just disappeared
Lamela started great and then went odd. Keeping the ball in for them :(
Son was toss
And it meant they could get back into it which they did with decent play
Their a great footballing side and you know my thoughts on their manager
But Hugo didn’t make a save all game did he ?!?

Jose is ruining this side mark my words! Today was unnecessarily and looked almost artificially turgid!

Back