• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* Official Pre-Season Games Thread *

Have my tickets and will be there with my sons who turn 16 on the day of the game. I was there for the last trip and the stadium is excellent. However, the surrounding area looked like it had been bombed when I was there last. It will be interesting to see if they have improved the area in the last two years. Also, the station was not really set up for large numbers of people.

Anybody going to Baltimore for our match there? We have about 10 Spurs fans from Cleveland making the trip down can't wait for this!

May go. Do I wear my Spurs jersey or my Red Bulls jersey? Spurs has Modric on the back, Red Bulls has Altidore. Neither plays for the team anymore (well, Luka..).

Have my tickets and will be there with my sons who turn 16 on the day of the game. I was there for the last trip and the stadium is excellent. However, the surrounding area looked like it had been bombed when I was there last. It will be interesting to see if they have improved the area in the last two years. Also, the station was not really set up for large numbers of people.

When it was being built I remembered thinking the surrounding area just looked desolate......just full of warehouses and industrial estates.

If I remember rightly, it is fairly straight forward and quick to reach Harrison and the ground from down town manhattan via the PATH services is it not?

When it was being built I remembered thinking the surrounding area just looked desolate......just full of warehouses and industrial estates.

If I remember rightly, it is fairly straight forward and quick to reach Harrison and the ground from down town manhattan via the PATH services is it not?

Yep, really easy to get there via the PATH train. Maybe about 25 mins or so if I remember correctly. Harrison is a garbage area though. You'll be more than fine though, a ton of cops and the train station is right at the stadium.

Yep, really easy to get there via the PATH train. Maybe about 25 mins or so if I remember correctly. Harrison is a garbage area though. You'll be more than fine though, a ton of cops and the train station is right at the stadium.

No problem wearing colours either I should think? Hooliganism can't have developed that quickly in the states can it?!

No problem wearing colours either I should think? Hooliganism can't have developed that quickly in the states can it?!

Absolutely not. No one cares about soccer here whatsoever. 99% of people you'd encounter in New York City have no idea what Spurs are. No one will give you any grief.

Absolutely not. No one cares about soccer here whatsoever. 99% of people you'd encounter in New York City have no idea what Spurs are. No one will give you any grief.

Haha it was slightly tongue in cheek but I couldn't be sure given your comment on the type of area Harrison is!

Have to say, really looking forward to it. Couldn't decide whether to do the LA Galaxy game or Red Bulls but decided on NYC purely becuse I spent a week in LA 2 years ago with the missus and have only been fleetingly through New York before so I would like to spend a bit of time doing things like Liberty Island, empire state building, central park etc. The sort of stuff I didn't get to do with my missus when we were last there.

Haha it was slightly tongue in cheek but I couldn't be sure given your comment on the type of area Harrison is!

Have to say, really looking forward to it. Couldn't decide whether to do the LA Galaxy game or Red Bulls but decided on NYC purely becuse I spent a week in LA 2 years ago with the missus and have only been fleetingly through New York before so I would like to spend a bit of time doing things like Liberty Island, empire state building, central park etc. The sort of stuff I didn't get to do with my missus when we were last there.

NYC>LA all day, every day.

NYC>LA all day, every day.

I quite liked LA in the main although it was quite pretentious. Loved Santa Monica too. I think NYC is somewhere I could potentially relocate to if I had to although it will have to go some to beat Miami in those stakes......absolutely love that place!

Anyone going over should try & get to the Bronx & watch a Yankees game, went over at the start of the month & it's awesome!!!

Going to the Baltimore game, New York game, Yankees game and finishing off with a Nats doubleheader. Gotta love how the US caters to the consumer.

Going to the Baltimore game, New York game, Yankees game and finishing off with a Nats doubleheader. Gotta love how the US caters to the consumer.

Derek Jeter is your man for the Yankees, amazing new stadium & a great night, nearly got a ball too but the bloke 2 seats to the right got it. Gutted.

Derek Jeter is your man for the Yankees, amazing new stadium & a great night, nearly got a ball too but the bloke 2 seats to the right got it. Gutted.

Actually can't stand Jeter, but exited to experience the atmosphere and see the stadium.

It's a well known fact that all Yankee fans or players are tossers. NYSpurs I think is just unfortunate

Really not a well known fact at all. It's called jealousy, seeing as the Yankees have won more championships than any team in the history of sport.

Back