• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - SPURS v BRIGHTON

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
COYS. Brighton must have brittle confidence, we need to shatter it, not bolster it.
We all know what's gonna happen :D

16 LIV
13 EVE SOU WOL
12 AST LEI ARS
11 TOT MNC NEW
10 LEE CRY
08 WHU
07 MNU
05 BRI
03 WBA
01 SHE FUL BUR

Sanchez, Webster, Veltman, Burn, Lamptey, White, Bissouma, Lallana, Gross, March, Trossard

Subs: Ryan, Mac Allister, Alzate, Welbeck, Propper, Zeqiri, Bernardo

No Maupay which is good

Anytime I watch Brighton Solly March is awful, so half expect him to score today!

Otherwise pleased with our team. Lamela deserves a start and it would be nice for Bale to get on and actually run about a bit.

COYS!!

SANCHEZ MAKES OVERDUE DEBUT!

Having signed for the club as a 15-year-old, Robert Sanchez makes his Brighton debut in goal at the age of 23! He made 35 appearances for Rochdale on loan last season. He replaces Mat Ryan, who has played in 116 of Brighton’s 120 Premier League games. There’s no Neal Maupay in the squad, which is a big miss for the visitors. It looks as though Leandro Trossard will play as the false nine

Who is this Jones Bell-Piece

JONES KNOWS: PREDICTION TIME...

I am happy to row against the tide here. Brighton possess the style of football to trouble Tottenham.

But, as with most Brighton performances, it is whether their domination of the ball can equate to big chances being created and taken.

Eric Dier and Toby Alderweireld do not like getting pulled out of their comfort zone by zippy attackers and you can certainly expose the Spurs full-backs, who look vulnerable to pace in behind and in one-on-one situations. Spurs may have won this corresponding fixture 2-1 last season but were thumped 3-0 at The Amex and an overall look at the xG numbers from both encounters shows Brighton coming out clearly on top 3.4 vs 1.2.

I am happy to keep Graham Potter's team onside in this one.

JONES KNOWS PREDICTS: 2-2

Thursday was such a mess, I hope we're not affected by it. Brighton always play well. Good manager, decent side. But we have more quality. Feels like we've lost our way a little from the high before the international break. Hoping this game gets us back in a positive grove.

Just checked a brighton forum and They cant understand the lineup either, they’re not optimistic to say the least. So a dull huff and puff 0-1 it is.

20 minutes until we find out if our tempo is 1-touch ping ping ping pass and move with diagonal runs, rotating forward line, inside outside, pulling their defence out of position, getting in behind, switching play wide, making their defence panic and sprint and lunge.

Or if we just pass it sideways and loft it at the centre backs.

20 minutes until we find out if our tempo is 1-touch ping ping ping pass and move with diagonal runs, rotating forward line, inside outside, pulling their defence out of position, getting in behind, switching play wide, making their defence panic and sprint and lunge.

Or if we just pass it sideways and loft it at the centre backs.

I think that depends more on how many men Brighton put behind the ball and how organised they are.

Back