• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

One of our directors swears by them. Has driven them for years - they have some good options specced up.

He only changed to go to electric.

I've got a top end one and it really does drive like a dream. Roof racks and boot are excellent. I've got a manual though as I still can't enjoy an auto

Just got back from the Warner Brothers Studio Tour - The Making of Harry Potter
What a brilliant place, the amount of detail which went into those 8 films was incredible
If you love the books/films go to this place, it's near Watford one of the best things we've done lately

Awesome place for sure, watching the movies again on Sky, they actually get quite dark in the last 3 or so

Milestone! Today I got my 50th job application rejected, since I lost my job in June. Not even been called in for a single interview.
I also lubricated the garage door, so now it's very quiet. Satisfying. Having mom and dad over for dinner today, and have prepared a couple of lovely Salica Reserva 2008 for the occasion.

Keep going mate, you can do it. I believe in you.

Enjoy the company of your family and the job will happen when the moment's right.

Just got back from the Warner Brothers Studio Tour - The Making of Harry Potter
What a brilliant place, the amount of detail which went into those 8 films was incredible
If you love the books/films go to this place, it's near Watford one of the best things we've done lately

It's great, we took the kids last year, I think I enjoyed it more than they did.

Awesome place for sure, watching the movies again on Sky, they actually get quite dark in the last 3 or so

Yeah, we've watched them all again recently too, bearing in mind what actually happened, I've always thought Dumbledor, McGonagall and Hagrid were way to upbeat and happy at the start of the first film though.

Keep going mate, you can do it. I believe in you.

Enjoy the company of your family and the job will happen when the moment's right.
Thanks mate! I was very optimistic the first 3 months, and I applied for lots of interesting jobs that were right up my alley, and with 13 years of experience in similar positions, I was pretty confident of getting back into work. Not even getting picked for interviews has taken away a lot of confidence and belief. But It'll sort itself out eventually.
I do enjoy the time I get to spend with the kid, and I think the reduced time he spends in kindergarten is good for him too. He gets to sleep until he wakes up by himself, and I go and pick him up early, to spend time with him. Really enjoy that, and happy to have that opportunity.

I've got a top end one and it really does drive like a dream. Roof racks and boot are excellent. I've got a manual though as I still can't enjoy an auto
I wish more cars were available with manuals. Mine doesn't have the option, for which the manufacturer should be ashamed.

Thanks mate! I was very optimistic the first 3 months, and I applied for lots of interesting jobs that were right up my alley, and with 13 years of experience in similar positions, I was pretty confident of getting back into work. Not even getting picked for interviews has taken away a lot of confidence and belief. But It'll sort itself out eventually.

It's really tough, especially when you know you have the right experience. Have you received - or proactively sought - feedback as to why your applications haven't resulted in an interview?
And (not wanting to state the obvious, so apologies if doing so) are you tailoring your cv to each application, picking out the key words from the job advert to repeat in your cover letter & cv so as to pass the auto-sift phase? So much is funnelled through automated processes and HR nowadays that, rightly or wrongly, it's all about following the formula and worry about standing out later.
In the meantime it sounds like you are having a wonderful time with your son, which is fantastic as you'll never get that time again, so enjoy every moment of it.

It's really tough, especially when you know you have the right experience. Have you received - or proactively sought - feedback as to why your applications haven't resulted in an interview?
And (not wanting to state the obvious, so apologies if doing so) are you tailoring your cv to each application, picking out the key words from the job advert to repeat in your cover letter & cv so as to pass the auto-sift phase? So much is funnelled through automated processes and HR nowadays that, rightly or wrongly, it's all about following the formula and worry about standing out later.
In the meantime it sounds like you are having a wonderful time with your son, which is fantastic as you'll never get that time again, so enjoy every moment of it.
Yes, I do try to tailor the cv and application letter to every job I apply for, calling up their contact to have a bit of chat, and to show that I'm really interested. I haven't asked for why I haven't been picked for interviews.
I'm a bit unsure about if that's a good or bad idea. I have a feeling that they might find that a bit whiny, and might reduce my chances with that employer, if they are seeking more people later on?
I don't know, maybe I'm just being ridiculous.
Also, I think most of the time you'll probably only get a generic answer like 'overall assessment' and that sort, so really not providing any answers.

Last edited:
Yep been to the gribble quite a bit...lovely in the summertime. They do a nice pork belly dish with crackling to suit. And of course, a great range of drinks.

I love the taster they do. 3 shot glasses of ale and then you can choose the one you want.

Amazing pub with great food. About the 5th time I been there. If your around in the spring I will buy you a beer. Love that place, I warn you i will be wearing the full cycle lycra gear.

Yes, I do try to tailor the cv and application letter to every job I apply for, calling up their contact to have a bit of chat, and to show that I'm really interested. I haven't asked for why I haven't been picked for interviews.
I'm a bit unsure weather that's a good or bad idea. I have a feeling that they might find that a bit whiny, and might reduce my chances with that employer, if they are seeking more people later on?
I don't know, maybe I'm just being ridiculous.
Also, I think most of the time you'll probably only get a generic answer like 'overall assessment' and that sort, so really not providing any answers.
I haven't given an interview in ages, but I certainly would ask why they think your application doesn't warrant further consideration. That's gold to you.

My wife's friend applied for a job in a school and got a "thanks but no thanks" email. She phoned to ask for feedback as to why she was rejected which made them dig out her application and cv, and they said they weren't sure actually and asked her for an interview.
She ended up getting the job.

Back