• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Again, Dele has choices to make on and off the pitch. His life has been far from easy, and I'd say this situation brings with it tremendous pressures for a 24 year old who has been in the spotlight since he was a teenager.
He will get all the support he needs from the club I am sure, I am sure Levy will be sure to help, and I think Mourinho will use every angle he has to be the catalyst Dele needs to kick on and give himself the career his supreme talents deserve. In many ways this is a natural moment for a lad who has had his life thus far. I am hopeful he will be back to his blistering best by spring; I personally am not looking much before that.
This made me think of that multi-lingual chap that helps foreign players to settle in. He was on the Netflix doc talking to Ndombele, when Levy slightly crassly muscled in.
Anyhoo, apparently he does brilliant work and is much loved and respected. I wonder if he could help Dele to think about his focus.

Point being as brick as Lucas maybe in a game, in training he must be giving his all. Even in games he must be following instructions and playing as best as he can.

If Alli is not putting it in in training to the coaching staff's required level why should he be getting opportunities? It's just a slap in the face of the rest of the squad.

Plus I find it hard to feel sorry for players who dont/refuse to train well. It's what an hour a day 3/4 times a week with all the support staff around you'd ever want.

Its training, but is also round pegs in round holes. The only position Dele could fit in our team, and its a bit of a squeeze still, is in place of Ndombele but playing a bit more advanced. If we move to 4-3-3 as our stock formation, Dele has no role. If we play more like 4-2-1-3, then its easier for Dele, but he still needs to get past Ndombele to get involved in matches

Its training, but is also round pegs in round holes. The only position Dele could fit in our team, and its a bit of a squeeze still, is in place of Ndombele but playing a bit more advanced. If we move to 4-3-3 as our stock formation, Dele has no role. If we play more like 4-2-1-3, then its easier for Dele, but he still needs to get past Ndombele to get involved in matches
He has to up his game in the chances he gets somehow. Jose will reward those who perform it seems

He was on the Netflix doc talking to Ndombele, when Levy slightly crassly muscled in.
Old Levy's 'face up to adversity' speech f.cking worked though :D

The boys buzzing now.

Built you 'the best stadium in the world' and you call him crass :rolleyes:

Player psychology....I need TP for my bunghole...Levy can do the f.cking lot

:D:D

He could spend his time doing extra coaching so as to learn when to release the ball. Doctors work 60 hours a week. This prick works like 15 same as some slapper on a council estate doing a cleaning job, hoping that one of the guys in canary wharf will marry her and make all her dreams come true.

Well Dele got to tell you your dreams wont come true unless you put in the hard miles laddie

Or he could spend 3 years fudging about getting a degree in social or media studies and get a job at Tescos.

It's the competition for Alli.

Not so much for Dier til Rondon arrived.

Winks does a bit more than Alli in getting engaged with play, but I think he will go the same way too. Difference is Winks would be happy to sit nit the bench, maybe Dier, and quite sure not Alli.
There's a few things Dier and Winks could do with improving in their game to, wonder what it is about Dele Alli that means he gets singled out?

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Spot on post for me i do not think that most fans think Alli is not talented enough to play more games, its that his style/strengths do not fit ( hard to see where anyway) our play at the moment. Can he adjust/change his style of play?? well unless he does i can not see him being able to become a regular starter again.

He's trying a little too hard, I think. And it makes it worse for him, because he loses that fluidity in his game which used to make him stand out.

That's my take on it anyway.

I predict a tough and frustrating season for him, but the talent and ability is there, and I really hope he can turn it around. Always liked the kid and wanted him to succeed. But he will have to knuckle down and not waste his opportunities like he did tonight.

Whilst I understand the question marks about where he fits into the first team it does feel like he’s become a bit of a whipping boy too. I can only think he is defiantly not pressing and harassing as much as Jose is asking him too, as there were plenty of others who offered less attacking quality in both halves today.

Bergwijn was much worse than Bale or Dele in that first half imo. I understand Dele is not the first on the team sheet anymore but he was playing with unfamiliar teammates at the minute and his game really does rely on that Eriksen sort of connection doesn't it?

Yes, all 3 of those were crap tonight, but dele had a platform to play tonight. 2 CMs behind him and 3 forwards in front to link with

Bergwijn was much worse than Bale or Dele in that first half imo. I understand Dele is not the first on the team sheet anymore but he was playing with unfamiliar teammates at the minute and his game really does rely on that Eriksen sort of connection doesn't it?

This is the problem with him. He needs literally everything to be perfect to have a barely passable game. His connection with his teammates needs to be perfect, his boss needs to baby him, he needs to be first choice, he needs to be a shadow striker, he needs X and Y and Z just to perform to an adequate standard.

Do I think some of the stick he gets is unfair? Yes. Do I think he's a luxury player with the mentality of a squashed apricot? Also yes.

He needs to be mollycoddled to thrive. Maybe let him be mollycoddled somewhere else, because I am close to done with his lazy passing, lumbering jog, lack of vision and general apathy and tardiness.

They both dropped their opportunity tonight.

Yep. Bergwijn in particular disappointed me - I really thought this was his year, but he's just proven why Lucas and Lamela will start ahead of him much more often than not.

Bergwijn didnt look fit, at one point he was outrun by what I’m sure the commentator said was a 35 year old man.

Bale hard to judge as still building his fitness and hardly touched the ball. For some reason several players failed to pass him the ball in good positions.

None more so than Dele who when bearing down on goal centrally outside the penalty area, had an easy ball to the unmarked Bale on the left who would have been clean through. Instead the macaron played it to Vinicius on the right who was marked by one if not two players. Needless to say the move immediately broke down after that decision.

That ridiculous and baffling decision would not have gone unnoticed by Mourinho and I suspect he will now seriously pay the price for such unbelievable stupidity.

Bergwijn didnt look fit, at one point he was outrun by what I’m sure the commentator said was a 35 year old man.

Bale hard to judge as still building his fitness and hardly touched the ball. For some reason several players failed to pass him the ball in good positions.

None more so than Dele who when bearing down on goal centrally outside the penalty area, had an easy ball to the unmarked Bale on the left who would have been clean through. Instead the macaron played it to Vinicius on the right who was marked by one if not two players. Needless to say the move immediately broke down after that decision.

That ridiculous and baffling decision would not have gone unnoticed by Mourinho and I suspect he will now seriously pay the price for such unbelievable stupidity.
I remember that, I was listening to a Belgian commentary and they said something like "Dele, Dele mit der Bale von der lef OH MY GHod der spasskler passen rite no way incredible pass ah a no no no"

I remember that, I was listening to a Belgian commentary and they said something like "Dele, Dele mit der Bale von der lef OH MY GHod der spasskler passen rite no way incredible pass ah a no no no"

Thats sums it up.

It was such an absurd decision that I cant help but wonder whether he didnt want Bale to score and or wanted to fudge the club for how he may feel he has been treated.

Thats how insane his choice was.

Thats sums it up.

It was such an absurd decision that I cant help but wonder whether he didnt want Bale to score and or wanted to fudge the club for how he may feel he has been treated.

Thats how insane his choice was.
You say that as if making poor decisions haven't been a staple of his play over the years. When he was scoring regularly they weren't really noted but it's not exactly new.

Back