• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs vs Antwerp

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have to agree with @Grays_1890 . Jose made some big calls tonight that in hindsight didn’t work out. His hand was partly forced by us playing on Monday night in a tough away game so he wanted to protect some of the players. But the outcome of other calls and the final result were predictable.

Dele is getting pelters, but he is a victim of now being a squad player, when did he last play? Tough to ask him to come on and perform and probably a mistake to the not give him a full game. Sanchez, low on confidence and not played a run of games from which confidence can be derived, played alongside a makeshift CB in Davies. Sanchez is not a leader neither is Davies. Wrong partnership for me and bound to fail especially without the first choice screeners of Holbjerg and Sissoko. Winks is not really a screener and neither is Lo Celso. No wonder we were open.

Bale not yet match fit. Play Lamela from the start after a decent performance on Sunday, he seems to perform really well in the EL and would have helped Dele get into his rhythm. Our new. striker probably needs bedding in.

In a sense there were similarities between a Poch and a Jose tonight, in that it is likely they both would have made very similar calls bought on by circumstances. I think the result was also likely to be the same whether it was Poch or Jose, both are top managers but they cannot magic away tiredness or bed in squad players more quickly. Nonetheless the manager is not blameless as it is their decisions that gave both the performance and results tonight.

Really good post and I agree.
Dele is in an awful position right now. Sad.

Sorry @glasgowspur but that’s gonad*s! One minute we are beating ManU 1-6! Jose needs to stop playing silly buggers with ‘curtain players’ and stop trying to play the amateur psychologist!
Get them fit and above all play them!

Each to their own.
I thought when he came and was talking up the squad that he didn't realise the size of the problem.
Technically they are great, mentally they are weak.

GLC was very disappointing today, not sure if it was a general lack of fitness or match sharpness but he didn't seem to have his usual energy and hustle. As well as his passing being fairly pedestrian as well which is to be understood, he's been out for a while. I would have preferred if he had stayed on to get some more minutes into his legs.

Likewise with Vinnie who I thought was pretty decent in the first half, he probably should have had more time and given the way we attacked having a focal point might well have worked. Jose probably missed a trick there.

Winks was meh again, easily dribbled past and typically taking the safe option except when he didn't. [emoji2367] I remember being very optimist about his potential but that has totally gone now, he's a lower PL player, with very limited attributes. I never thought I'd say it but Sissoko might actually be more useful than he is.

Two matches in a row and no shots on target, for different reasons of course and today seemed more that we lacked the final ball rather than intention like on Monday. Hopefully we are back up to speed for Brighton.

Each to their own.
I thought when he came and was talking up the squad that he didn't realise the size of the problem.
Technically they are great, mentally they are weak.
And getting weaker!
Tonight was dreadful and very worrying as far as the future is concerned!

I think Bale needs the class around him to work one-touch and quick. That and he's finding his way. Bergy is just a matter of confidence and personality for me, he simply needs to believe he can and he then he would/will...

What has happened to Bergy' s pace? I thought he was supposed to be iightening quick - like a youthful Lennon. Still have no idea why we bought him.

I can't give up on him until the day he leaves. He's given us so much over the last 5 years and has so much talent that he deserves support from the fans. Sadly, I think it's only going to end one way though.
Indeed, has been one of my favourite players over the last 4-5 years.

What has happened to Bergy' s pace? I thought he was supposed to be iightening quick - like a youthful Lennon. Still have no idea why we bought him.
I think in light of our more recent acquisitions Bergwijn and Fernandes were a bit of a waste of money. But maybe at the time they were bought we didn’t know who we would be able to get in the Summer.

Making all those changes doesn't excuse the lack of effort from most of our players tonight.

How many teams chuck 9 players in and perform? The biggest teams in Europe do same all the time and lose. I know if bet on Copa Italia and Del Ray enough to know haha

I can't give up on him until the day he leaves. He's given us so much over the last 5 years and has so much talent that he deserves support from the fans. Sadly, I think it's only going to end one way though.

It’s very sad ATM. Gareth still May have a renaissance but he looks so far off of the pace required. But still early days!

It’s very sad ATM. Gareth still May have a renaissance but he looks so far off of the pace required. But still early days!

Bale looks very ordinary right now. Kind of like Clark Kent in Superman II. But...

I got carried away and expected to have the lad who whacked in the winner against Sunderland during the final game in 2012/2013 walk right back through the door. My head knew that wouldn't happen but I don't follow football with my head. Any of us expecting that were expecting too much. He just needs minutes and match fitness and he'll be a great addition. Dele, on the other hand, I just don't see a way back for him. I hope I'm wrong like I was with Ndombele but it's not looking good which is a shame because I genuinely believe he loves the club and is getting a very harsh lesson right now in what top level football is from a loyalty point of view.

He is going through a tough time, stone me he was not even that bad last season, his scoring rate was the same as his glory days. He has played what? two 45 mins, maybe I have missed another? I bet Bale gets more chances despite not being sharp and frankly poor today as a 350k loan from another club, we cant even agree to cultivate a 24 player who is obviously supremely talented.

But Sanchez made it easy. Play the percentages. If he keeps the guy on the outside and cuts off the pass, the fella with the ball has to do something brilliant to score. If he does, you have to take your hat off to him. If you make it easy for him to find his partner, like Sanchez did, their chances of scoring go up massively. Which is what happened. It's bad defending but I fully accept he's put in that position by an unforgivable Davies mistake.

I’ve never even been close to playing professional football but that seems massively harsh on Sanchez. The goal is on Davies, Sanchez has very little choice but to go to the man with the ball or he just has a free run on goal. 99% of defenders will do that and unless you are VDV facing someone with the shooting ability of Sissoko you lose the 2on 1 duel 99% of the tIme especially when you have your back to goal.

Back