• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs vs Antwerp

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No its not, its the display from the end of poch.
There is obviously a culture at the club that needs changed.

Yes, and that’s why the fecking manager getS £10m + pa. To run the team and get them up for games!
Which he totally fecked up tonight!

The commentator on the goons game just said when Spurs played Dundalk in the Europa cup a few years back,we only drew away with them with a full strength side and only beat them 1-0 at home.....some things never change lol...

We're managing Lo Celso's fitness and Winks won't play at the weekend, so he could do the full 90 today without any worries.
Winks shouldn't have played the second half, nevermind the weekend. Then again, could say that about most of the team that started tonight.

Yeh nailed on, no respect for the oppo though who are on fire, he would have known that.

Now we probably need to play a stronger side now to go through, ohhh the irony

It was a strange one.
I wonder if even he believed he has two first teams? I must admit I thought we had enough starting tonight to win the match, but the mentality cost us. I was hoping at one down that Dele would step up and lead, especially as sort of a "senior" (sounds weird doesn't it?) but alas he shrunk after their goal. So sad to see.

Yet you don’t mention Davies who contrived to give away 3 goals? He only gave away 1. While Sanchez pulled off an amazing goal saving challenge. Doesn’t seem balanced.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Davies was poor too and was undoubtedly at fault for the goal. Wouldn't defend him for tonight but he's primarily a full back slotting in at centre back. He is still a good option at left back.

Sanchez, just tonight, defended the goal terribly and made it easy for the striker to find the pass, got rolled very easily for the one that they blazed over from 8 yards and was caught in no man's land with a simple ball over the top when they should have scored but their man blazed over. That's 3 bad mistakes and one exceptional tackle. That's par for the course with Sanchez over the last few seasons. He's a liability.

Not good on the ball, not good under a high ball, gets turned very easily...

When he's good he's a beast, when he's bad he looks like a pub player. Sadly, he's bad far more often than he's good. We don't have a partner to carry him so he needs binning.

Davies was poor too and was undoubtedly at fault for the goal. Wouldn't defend him for tonight but he's primarily a full back slotting in at centre back. He is still a good option at left back.

Sanchez, just tonight, defended the goal terribly and made it easy for the striker to find the pass, got rolled very easily for the one that they blazed over from 8 yards and was caught in no man's land with a simple ball over the top when they should have scored but their man blazed over. That's 3 bad mistakes and one exceptional tackle. That's par for the course with Sanchez over the last few seasons. He's a liability.

Not good on the ball, not good under a high ball, gets turned very easily...

When he's good he's a hunk of burning love, when he's bad he looks like a pub player. Sadly, he's bad far more often than he's good. We don't have a partner to carry him so he needs binning.

Not sure we can have a pop at him for the goal - despite what they said on TV. If he cuts off the pass and the player scores you’d be saying he should have challenged the forward.

Sanchez isn’t the best CB. But at least he can tackle and is 80% of the player we need. Davies is 50%. So why dig out Sanchez?

Not sure we can have a pop at him for the goal - despite what they said on TV. If he cuts off the pass and the player scores you’d be saying he should have challenged the forward.

Sanchez isn’t the best CB. But at least he can tackle and is 80% of the player we need. Davies is 50%. So why dig out Sanchez?

The goal is Davies' fault. No doubt. I don't blame Winks, I don't blame Sanchez. Davies has to own it.

But Sanchez made it easy. Play the percentages. If he keeps the guy on the outside and cuts off the pass, the fella with the ball has to do something brilliant to score. If he does, you have to take your hat off to him. If you make it easy for him to find his partner, like Sanchez did, their chances of scoring go up massively. Which is what happened. It's bad defending but I fully accept he's put in that position by an unforgivable Davies mistake.

He's not 80% of the player we need for me. He's barely 20% because if he has one good game in 5, it's a lot. Davies is a good back up left back so, he'll never be first choice over Reguilon for me, but he's a good option if Reguilon is injured or we need to park the bus.

@thfcsteff
It was me that bought poch into it, not to denigrate poch, but to say that this was a similar display to the end of Pochs reign, so not Jose fault but an underlying problem with the players.
I have to agree with @Grays_1890 . Jose made some big calls tonight that in hindsight didn’t work out. His hand was partly forced by us playing on Monday night in a tough away game so he wanted to protect some of the players. But the outcome of other calls and the final result were predictable.

Dele is getting pelters, but he is a victim of now being a squad player, when did he last play? Tough to ask him to come on and perform and probably a mistake to the not give him a full game. Sanchez, low on confidence and not played a run of games from which confidence can be derived, played alongside a makeshift CB in Davies. Sanchez is not a leader neither is Davies. Wrong partnership for me and bound to fail especially without the first choice screeners of Holbjerg and Sissoko. Winks is not really a screener and neither is Lo Celso. No wonder we were open.

Bale not yet match fit. Play Lamela from the start after a decent performance on Sunday, he seems to perform really well in the EL and would have helped Dele get into his rhythm. Our new. striker probably needs bedding in.

In a sense there were similarities between a Poch and a Jose tonight, in that it is likely they both would have made very similar calls brought on by circumstances. I think the result was also likely to be the same whether it was Poch or Jose, both are top managers but they cannot magic away tiredness or bed in squad players more quickly. Nonetheless the manager is not blameless as it is their decisions that gave both the performance and results tonight.

Something had tinkled him off (or he was tinkled)before hand or is it Jose being Jose,why Lloris not Hart,why not Toby for 45 mins for Davies or Sanchez,why not 3 at the back than 4,why 9 changes,why get rid of 4 players at half time on a side he picked.I can see next week making some changes as we playing a poorer side but today,these lot could be Champions League next year...he read this game totally wrong but Jose being Jose will deflect his decisions onto something else.
All that team spirit evaporated by a crazy team selection

I won't argue it was working, but there was enough for me in the first half to suggest that Bale/Alli/GLC might have sparked something with more time on the pitch.

We made the changes, and despite having more of the ball in their half, I don't think we looked like scoring.

Jose's gamble didn't pay off imo, we'd be better off had we given the starters most of the 90 and kept the others back for Sunday.

"Not my fault"

Not quite.

Jose Mourinho said:
"We can only blame ourselves and we can only praise the opponents. I prefer to praise the opponents because they played a magnificent game and not to blame ourselves because we played an awful game.

"But I have to do both at the same time. Praise them because they were playing at the maximum of their level and we have to blame ourselves because we were poor.

"The performance was poor and the result is poor. Somebody to blame? Blame me because I am the boss and it is my responsibility who plays and I am the one to blame.

"But I have to admit that the game confirmed to me a few things, opened other question marks and will help me in the future with my decisions. I'm also learning every day."

Back