• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs vs Antwerp

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Steff, he’s awful. His positional sense is diabolical, his distribution is even worse and he’s an accident waiting to happen. He did make one great challenge but was awful besides that.

We are weak enough at centre back without him adding to our problems.

Yet you don’t mention Davies who contrived to give away 3 goals? He only gave away 1. While Sanchez pulled off an amazing goal saving challenge. Doesn’t seem balanced.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Worst performance of the season. Worse than vs Everton. I can understand this brickfest in the first half, but not much has changed in the 2nf half when we introduced several first-team players from subs.

Bergwejn, Alli, Lamela, Winks were awful.
Bale, Son, Moura, Kane at least tried smth but their end product was appalling as well.

Bergwejn with a 1/10 performance. He gets 1 point for a yellow card he put Antwerpen's player on. Absolutely lost confidence and any form.

Sanchez again getting pelters tonight, but he has always been best with a strong partner. Davies is not a back for CB (he only ever works in a 3) so very very harsh to single him out IMO. He saved us a goal after that poor Winks back-pass.

I’m not singling either of them out Stef, pretty much everyone except Hojbjerg were below par. But Sanchez has had two seasons of regressions and his distribution is league one standard. Davies is ok to fill in at CB and LB for rotation and to cover for injuries. Good squad player, not a starter for me. We won’t achieve anything with the CB’s we have stef. None of them look convincing.

Well that was disappointing !

funnily enough we played better in the first half than the second. I’d rate the first half a 4/10

@thfcsteff
It was me that bought poch into it, not to denigrate poch, but to say that this was a similar display to the end of Pochs reign, so not Jose fault but an underlying problem with the players.

Fair play mate. I think Mourinho is partially at fault for assuming we could make 9 changes and be OK, there again, we all think we have a two-team squad so perhaps we are all learning we really don't, and that we need the first-team spine in place at all times to start matches. I think if Dier, Hojberg and Kane started tonight, we'd have seen a different game.

I also have to say that taking Gio off when you're bringing Kane and Son on was odd.

Davies plays much better in a 3,that’s the position he plays for Wales under the Coleman era,when they qualified for the Euros in 2016 and reached the semi’s.Ill back him up today,feck it ,he was left on his own when he had the ball,our midfield brought him in when they should have gone with the ball the other way and Sanchez played like he hasn’t defended before.He played well last week where he created the first goal.

It also felt Bale was kept on for his ego, I don’t think Lo Celso or Vinicius deserved to be hooked at HT.
Thought taking off Winks and Bergwjin and bringing on Son and Hojberg would've been enough at halftime.
Didn't understand taking off Lo Celso and leaving Winks alongside Hojberg, not the most creative midfield when looking for a goal.

Well that was disappointing !

funnily enough we played better in the first half than the second. I’d rate the first half a 4/10

The first-half was better shape with poor end product. The second-half was keystone really with no shape for the last 15 minutes, so you have a point for sure yes.

Asking 9 players to gel just because they should want it is football management stuff, especially as this lot have not lost at home in ages.

Or if you want to give people game time, give them time, dont haul the team at half time..........AND MAKE IT WORSE.

That was poor from Jose tonight, very poor

Throwing an unfamiliar team out away in europe is a recipe for disaster - surprised an experienced coach like Mourinho made that mistake

Davies plays much better in a 3,that’s the position he plays for Wales under the Coleman era,when they qualified for the Euros in 2016 and reached the semi’s.Ill back him up today,feck it ,he was left on his own when he had the ball,our midfield bought him in when they should have gone with the ball the other way and Sanchez played like he hasn’t defended before. He played well last week where he created the first goal.

Agreed.
He doesn't work as a CB in the 4 really, but he was absolutely at fault 100%. Just pass it back. Nice and simple. Dier got away with a similar blart at the weekend. We need our defenders to know that there is no room whatsoever for these moments.

Thought taking off Winks and Bergwjin and bringing on Son and Hojberg would've been enough at halftime.
Didn't understand taking off Lo Celso and leaving Winks alongside Hojberg, not the most creative midfield when looking for a goal.

We're managing Lo Celso's fitness and Winks won't play at the weekend, so he could do the full 90 today without any worries.

Agreed.
He doesn't work as a CB in the 4 really, but he was absolutely at fault 400%. Just pass it back. Nice and simple. Dier got away with a similar blart at the weekend. We need our defenders to know that there is no room whatsoever for these moments.

Hate to say it but Davies is not good enough. He’s fine as a backup defensive fullback. But sadly he’s neither good enough defensively or going forward for regular first-team.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back