• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Japhet Tanganga

Enjoyed that video, interesting point from Tangana where Ugo told him that good communication in a back line can take someone a long way.

and WTF AFC Wimbledon wouldn't pay £7 to register Antonio.

Lets all hope that he grows out of this stage of his life, the guy has talent and it would be a shame if he is unable to show it.

[and fingers crossed that he doesnt progress like Sanchez after his very decent first season at Spurs!}
He is very different defender to Sanchez style wise
He is a on aggressive defender in that he goes to the man rather than sits and jockeys
Modern defenders do the latter which is odd to ,e and why so many aren’t effective
Japhet seems to like taking the defending to the man with the ball and stopping them there

I could be very wrong on Tanganga (I certainly hope to be) but I think he looks more Anthony Gardner than Ledley King in terms of ability

He did better than expected in his first game against Liverpool but it just looks to me that his talent is a bit exaggerated.... I haven't seen that he looks positionally particularly great, I'm not sure he has the physicality to play at centre half and I'm not sure that he is skillful enough to play as a modern fullback.

As I say, I really hope that he proves me wrong but I don't see him becoming a CL level defender.

I could be very wrong on Tanganga (I certainly hope to be) but I think he looks more Anthony Gardner than Ledley King in terms of ability

He did better than expected in his first game against Liverpool but it just looks to me that his talent is a bit exaggerated.... I haven't seen that he looks positionally particularly great, I'm not sure he has the physicality to play at centre half and I'm not sure that he is skillful enough to play as a modern fullback.

As I say, I really hope that he proves me wrong but I don't see him becoming a CL level defender.

I would have to agree with that. The lack of consistently good performances should have course be attributed to injuries, but I just don't see the quality to be more than a backup player for us.

To extend on what I have written above. Tanganga does have good pace and seems to be a dedicated professional , so the hope for me is that good coaching and the player that onboard could see him improve his positioning and then that pace he has gives him a chance.

Interestingly enough Timothy Eyoma was more highly rated than Tanganga as the two were coming through the youth teams. Not sure what's happened to him though in the last year or two?

Last edited:

Davison Sanchez is our Anthony Gardner - 6 foot 5 but only weighs about 8 stone, can't jump, weak, rubbish on the ball. Had one great season and occasionally puts in a blinding performance, but generally underwhelming and not at the level required

I don't think we've seen enough games from him to form a judgement like that.

To extend on what I have written above. Tanganga does have good pace and seems to be a dedicated professional , so the hope for me is that good coaching and the player that onboard could see him improve his positioning and then that pace he has gives him a chance.

Interestingly enough Timothy Eyoma was more highly rated than Tanganga as the two were coming through the youth teams. Not sure what's happened to him though in the last year or two?
Used to know a Spurs coach and Alton Thelwell was higher rated than King coming through the youth ranks too back in the day.

Just thought I’d add that, not disagreeing with your view on Tangana or anything, I’d need to see a few more injury free games from him to make my mind up.

I think he looks full of potential but due to that some have glazed over some of the mistakes in particular positioning that he's made in his appearances so far. It's an interesting one because to my eye he no doubt has talent and is still at that developing period for a CB so I can't really gauge which way he will go. But either being excellent or just so-so seem equally possible.

Back