• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Love the way he looks for the early pass - and the attackers make runs knowing he’s cable of finding them. Not everything he does will come off, but my GHod a lot of outrages moves do - multiple times a game!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
It’s really unusual to see someone who can dribble that well also look to make quick offensive passes. It’s been a great turnaround from him and I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do against the better teams - we’ve missed that Dembele type presence where you can give him the ball anywhere and know he will still come away with it.

Yep, Dele would be. He over-complicates his game too often IMO, his tricks and flicks have historically come off far less often than they've succeeded.

NDombele is a whole different proposition however, another level. He's a genuine tricks and flicks master, who combines that with genuine end product.

In short, this lad is a baller, and he's looking fitter and fitter every game. Exciting times for us.

Yep, Dele would be. He over-complicates his game too often IMO, his tricks and flicks have historically come off far less often than they've succeeded.

NDombele is a whole different proposition however, another level. He's a genuine tricks and flicks master, who combines that with genuine end product.

In short, this lad is a baller, and he's looking fitter and fitter every game. Exciting times for us.
100% this.

He really has the body language ( body language alert!) that he loves being out there at the moment, which is a complete Scotty Parker U-turn.

He's got so much in his locker that I did think the other night he was just passing it on too much. He looks capable of threading the needle or jinking past people if he just 'wants to'...and I want him to:)

That one time we found him between the lines of midfield and the forwards he instantly slotted Sonny in. He wasn't in that position much that night, but I'd also say he doesn't need to be that far forward to be effective with his passing.

I really think Tanguy suffered from the standard settling in problems and is now "finding his feet".

In his first season at Spurs he had:- Moving abroad, foreign language issues, change of manager, lack of match fitness and COVID.

Now he looks more settled and is enjoying playing and his fitness has improved.

Big shout out go to Moussa Sissoko and Serge Aurier who have also encountered isolation from managers and fans. For them to get their heads down and work harder and show Tanguy the way forward has also been instrumental.

When Jose froze him out i feared the worst, but fair play to Jose and Tanguy for making it happen.

Big shout out go to Moussa Sissoko and Serge Aurier who have also encountered isolation from managers and fans. For them to get their heads down and work harder and show Tanguy the way forward has also been instrumental.

When Jose froze him out i feared the worst, but fair play to Jose and Tanguy for making it happen.
Sissoko has been causing his selection?

So it's him that keeps injuring GLC?

I really think Tanguy suffered from the standard settling in problems and is now "finding his feet".

In his first season at Spurs he had:- Moving abroad, foreign language issues, change of manager, lack of match fitness and COVID.

Now he looks more settled and is enjoying playing and his fitness has improved.

Would agree totally with that, some players can come into our game and settle quickly but others take a while to do so. He really is begining to look the player we thought he was when he first came here.

It would have been easy to panic when things didn't work out last season. But if there are two people who don't do panic, it's Daniel Levy and Jose Mourinho.

Chapeaux enleves to Spurs' French contingent - Lloris encore,eh? - who have worked to integrate him to all aspects of life in England.

Would agree totally with that, some players can come into our game and settle quickly but others take a while to do so. He really is begining to look the player we thought he was when he first came here.
Very very few foreign players settle quickly with their first big move, especially if it’s an overseas one as we have seen him
Fernandes is quoted as one who hit the ground running at United but people forget he failed in Italy before hand

Very very few foreign players settle quickly with their first big move, especially if it’s an overseas one as we have seen him
Fernandes is quoted as one who hit the ground running at United but people forget he failed in Italy before hand

I agree, unless folks have actually moved to a foreign country they probably fail to understand how sometimes its hard settle. Its the same for footballers, different customs, different game ( pace of our game in England) its not always easy and some players take longer then others.

Mourinho admits we missed him!

“Tanguy felt just a little sign of fatigue in a muscular area and he was also protected. To be honest we missed him because he gives speed to the team: thinking quick, thinking fast, moving the ball quick and fast. We missed him.”

Back