• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Spurs v Burnley

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It may have been a tinkle poor game but this is what Burnley do to teams. We were never going to score 5 goals and blow them away with counter attacking football.

Doherty spent 20 minutes trying to work out how to throw the ball.
That was odd
We have a throw in and they have 4 men come forward into it
And our players just stand still

He was. Improved a bit as the game went on but was poor overall. Looks a bit like he’s struggling with the level of club he’s joined to me.

That said, as poor as he was, he didn’t have a brainfart that left us badly exposed as Aurier tends to do no matter how well he plays.

Yep, there was a run by one of theirs late on where Doherty pulled out of clipping him from behind.

Kind of challenge that Aurier can’t resist and has resulted in pens in the past.

It may have been a tinkle poor game but this is what Burnley do to teams. We were never going to score 5 goals and blow them away with counter attacking football.
*at turf Moore
They got blown away by us exactly 5-0 on WHL not long time ago

Wouldn’t go for Toby as MOTM but thought he was excellent tonight especially after the bang on the head early on. Was pretty flawless. Helps that Burnley won’t expose his lack of pace but he was very, very good and showed he can still contribute.
A few times he was causing the ball and he backed off to let woods get it. It was odd but if woods is faster than him then he has problems. His defending though was really really good it has to be said

Doherty spent 20 minutes trying to work out how to throw the ball.

like we did last season?

It was a traning drill. Ball was seemingly going to Son but he left it to switch places with Kane and Dier. Davies was also at far post waiting for the ball.

So two coming out to connect, two at the back post waiting.

Watching Carragher's analysis of the goal, it's really poor defending from Burnley. Almost twice as many players in the box, but most of them charges out towards the ball and leaves our players with a much easier job at the back post.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I thought both Dier and Toby were magnificent today. Especially Toby, as it seemed like Burnley mainly aimed for getting in aerial duels with him, and he coped very well. MoM for me, as several other have already mentioned.

Agree. Dier had a dodgy moment with the handball escape - but can’t think of much else they did wrong.

I thought both Dier and Toby were magnificent today. Especially Toby, as it seemed like Burnley mainly aimed for getting in aerial duels with him, and he coped very well. MoM for me, as several other have already mentioned.
Absolutely agree. Kane shades it for me as he made the decisive interventions but those two and Hugo gave us the platform for the late goal. Long may it continue.

@milo Kane. Saved a goal and set up the winner. Other than that I don’t think we played very well. Just dug in and stood up to a physical side and did what we had to.

Back