• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

#CharityNotPPV - Spurs v Brighton and West Brom

Are you?

• Donating to charity, fudge Sky/BT and the PL

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Paying Sky/BT begrudgingly

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Dodgy stream / Follow on social media / don't care

Votes: 22 71.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No one is forcing anyone to pay anything and usually these games are ones which wouldn't be available to watch legitimately so i don't really see the issue - i think 15 quid is steep for a one off game, a tenna i think i would happily pay - so i won't pay the 15 and don't feel like I'm being held to ransom, if enough people feel the same then the price will come down, if enough people pay it then the clubs have got it right...

I'd happily pay if the clubs and the broadcasters used the proper format for a league system.

NFL Game Pass has it right - £100 or so and you can watch every match your team plays.

No messing about with different broadcasters, needing multiple subscriptions, etc.

PPV doesn't really suit except for neutral fans watching big games.

On DAZN over here in Canadia. Every Spurs game is available, incl. CL or EL games. Watch live or stream when it suits. That applies for all PL clubs plus Champeenship, Serie A and Belgian league. I split the Cdn$150 annual fee with my son who wants it to watch his beloved Cleveland Browns NFL games. Very sterile presentation, featuring PL approved commentary. On weekends we get the in-house studio productions that have some guy named Steve and a chick named Seema hosting analysts like Moychael Owen, Bitter Tiny Tim, Owen Hargreaves, etc.

On DAZN over here in Canadia. Every Spurs game is available, incl. CL or EL games. Watch live or stream when it suits. That applies for all PL clubs plus Champeenship, Serie A and Belgian league. I split the Cdn$150 annual fee with my son who wants it to watch his beloved Cleveland Browns NFL games. Very sterile presentation, featuring PL approved commentary. On weekends we get the in-house studio productions that have some guy named Steve and a chick named Seema hosting analysts like Moychael Owen, Bitter Tiny Tim, Owen Hargreaves, etc.
Similar in Amerikkka. NBC carries the games but some are on Pearooster, which requires extra dosh up front.

I paid £20 to watch UFC last night as a one off spectacle. Worth every penny.

In terms of this being £15, for me it is a valid attempt at understanding the demand by football clubs and we can answer it for them. I have no problem with the concept as it is a game which wouldn't normally be on.

Obviously would prefer it to be cheaper but if watching the game means alot to you and you can afford it then you are going to pay it.

Personally I can watch it the way I watch all my sports so meh.

I'd happily pay if the clubs and the broadcasters used the proper format for a league system.

NFL Game Pass has it right - £100 or so and you can watch every match your team plays.

No messing about with different broadcasters, needing multiple subscriptions, etc.

PPV doesn't really suit except for neutral fans watching big games.

Thats not strictly true, there is still a local blackout, even with game pass in the UK, you don’t get the regular season day game that Sky are broadcasting live, you can watch it later on in full of course.

https://support.nflgamepass.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360005230094-Blackout-games

Back