• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

Yep, height is not always needed in every player, look at Moura and he has a great jump on him. Davies has played at CB for Wales on many occasions and he does well there.
But usually in a 3. Not sure how many (if any) games have been in a 2?

I did ask the others day whether he's played with Rodon in any of their appearances with Wales?

I did ask the others day whether he's played with Rodon in any of their appearances with Wales?

They both played the other night i believe, Davies was Capt. As for a 2 or 3 its not that much difference for the individual players.

Carles Puyol (5'10)
Fabio Cannavaro (5'9)
Franco Baresi (5'9)
Ronald Koeman (5'11)
Franz Beckenbauer (5'11)
Frank de Boer (5'11)
Ivan Cordoba (5'8)
Bobby Moore (5'10)
Height is far less important than leap and timing. Look at how good Moura is in the air despite his size.

There have been plenty of world class CBs that are just 6 foot.
Yes, it's not necessary. But without real height you need a lot of other qualities, I'm not sure Davies has that at the required level. Would love to be wrong.

You arguably also need, or at least benefit from, a really dominant partner. I don't think we have that.
Height is far less important than leap and timing. Look at how good Moura is in the air despite his size.
Depends on the situation. I wouldn't want Moura marking a dominating striker or CB for a set piece or cross for example.

Yes, it's not necessary. But without real height you need a lot of other qualities, I'm not sure Davies has that at the required level. Would love to be wrong.

You arguably also need, or at least benefit from, a really dominant partner. I don't think we have that. Depends on the situation. I wouldn't want Moura marking a dominating striker or CB for a set piece or cross for example.
All of those mentioned above were generally footballing CBS too who played with other CBS who were arguably more physical

He played in a three under Coleman,,that was before Rodon came along,now Giggs plays a four,so Davies stays as a left back .Currently Wales have got 4 good young centre half’s and we’ve just signed one of them,in fact with regards to Swansea,they have another centre half that looks very promising ,Ben Cabango,he plays along side a Chelsea loanee ,doing well.

he is soft, give the attackers a lot of time and space, and one of four things that made us different (in a good way) this season is replacing him with Reigilon.

You can say that in that moment he played like a hapless cnut
He made a mistake, it happens. He tried to use the ball well, find a good passing option rather than just playing the safe ball back to Lloris.

Playing too many safe and obvious passes is the kind of thing one gets harshly criticised for. Rightly so if true imo. For me a part of that criticism should include the accept for the occasional mistake when trying to be more ambitious on the ball.

It's not something that happens often with Davies. He's a very tidy player that quite regularly tries to play useful forward passes, that accepts getting the ball under a bit of pressure.

Back