• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

I'm not sure cases 'naturally' dropped away :D..I think the interventions might have had an effect?

And I'm not sure if they have a 'warm weather' version of Covid in India, Brazil, Mexico etc but it appears to love it.
All those countries still have relative seasons. May not drop as low temps as Europe or North America but the delta from the high to the low is still significant for the population themselves who are used to their own climates.

Anyone whose been to India or knows anything about the place knows that if the virus got there there was no way of stopping it! They’re not as organized in that respect as China for example who have similar numbers of population.

i didn’t say seasonality was the only factor, but it’s clearly one of them, I thought that was a pretty commonly held opinion? I’ve literally just read an article where Macron says France won’t be coming out of this wave until the spring summer at least.

All those countries still have relative seasons. May not drop as low temps as Europe or North America but the delta from the high to the low is still significant for the population themselves who are used to their own climates.

Clutching:D

Anyone whose been to India or knows anything about the place knows that if the virus got there there was no way of stopping it! They’re not as organized in that respect as China for example who have similar numbers of population

If seasonality is a help, it should have a relative effect regardless of the size of peaks and troughs

i didn’t say seasonality was the only factor, but it’s clearly one of them, I thought that was a pretty commonly held opinion? I’ve literally just read an article where Macron says France won’t be coming out of this wave until the spring summer at least.
I never said you did:)... It is a commonly held opinion for viruses we know about (and flu is not even in the covid family). We simply don't know, at the moment is doesn't appear to mind if it's 'the beast from the east' conditions or the tarmac is melting on the road outside.

I doubt Macron is saying what he is because of winter, more likely that with escalating infections it's going to take a while to get a lid on it because he can't return to draconian tactics. Winter or not if he employed Australia's approach they'd be reset again by Xmas. (not that he would)

But are they not doing those exact same things near people in the Summer?

And I'd argue they'd be doing less of those things in winter because of a tendancy to hibernate? (Especially the social stuff)
I don't know anyone who gets to not work just because it's winter.

I do know a few who drive/take public transport instead of walking/cycling in the winter though. I also know that everyone shuts all the windows and does more indoor stuff instead of walking places when it's rainy.

This isn't my COVID theory, this is what people believe accelerates cold and 'flu every year. I don't se why other communicable diseases would be any different.

I don't know anyone who gets to not work just because it's winter.

I do know a few who drive/take public transport instead of walking/cycling in the winter though. I also know that everyone shuts all the windows and does more indoor stuff instead of walking places when it's rainy.

This isn't my COVID theory, this is what people believe accelerates cold and 'flu every year. I don't se why other communicable diseases would be any different.

My GHod you talk some utter brick.

I don't know anyone who gets to not work just because it's winter
My point was if you're working in Summer or working in winter, it's the same when looking at behavioural spread.
I would guess that people's social interactions, especially beyond just their family, are far higher in spring/summer, and would more than cancel out the behaviour changes you suggested? I suppose the one caveat would be the four weeks run up to Xmas, when the spitting frothing argy bargy rammo jammo high street Armageddon unfolds
Edit: in fact the more I think about it that IS the super spreader event);)

Oh I know that's what they say, I just like to have a chat about it. And as I've posted to Gazza there's plenty of evidence to suggest that this doesn't particularly care for differences in climate. Bottom line is hiding gets results but hiding is a bit sh.it.:D

Clutching:D
Not really? It’s pretty common knowledge, are you saying you disagree with that sentence or something?

[/QUOTE]
I doubt Macron is saying what he is because of winter, more likely that with escalating infections it's going to take a while to get a lid on it because he can't return to draconian tactics. Winter or not if he employed Australia's approach they'd be reset again by Xmas. (not that he would)[/QUOTE]

Now whose clutching :D

Not to wanna get into to much but its been all over the media and I'm sure many on here have said they expect/expected a much bigger bite in winter?? Are people saying that's not the case now asx I'm finding it had to keep up

Not to wanna get into to much but its been all over the media and I'm sure many on here have said they expect/expected a much bigger bite in winter?? Are people saying that's not the case now asx I'm finding it had to keep up

It's a spurious claim given gravity by the genius mind's of people like Donald Trump.

Flu and general illness increasing in prevalence in winter is due to behaviours primarily. Just like Covid has hit a lot of South Indian folk badly. The virus doesn't hate browns. We just tend to live with their elderly family and we have an awful diet and high levels of diabetes etc.. Flu and Covid will spread more when we spend more time indoors with windows closed. I'm not sure this is a contentious issue personally.

Flu and general illness increasing in prevalence in winter is due to behaviours primarily. Just like Covid has hit a lot of South Indian folk badly. The virus doesn't hate browns. We just tend to live with their elderly family and we have an awful diet and high levels of diabetes etc.. Flu and Covid will spread more when we spend more time indoors with windows closed. I'm not sure this is a contentious issue personally.
Your surprise is mirrored by mine. I thought this had been long proven to be the case with colds, etc. Why anyone thinks this year's Coronavirus will be any different is beyond me.

Claiming warm weather reduces the likelihood of the disease spreading is a load of brick though. Just as winter doesn't increase the spread, that's not how viruses work. It's nonsense.

Do better.

Apparently Wales is having issues all over shop with this second lockdown, people rebelling all over shop. They reckon its better to have had a longer lockdown than the break as the second is much harder mentally.

Apparently Wales is having issues all over shop with this second lockdown, people rebelling all over shop. They reckon its better to have had a longer lockdown than the break as the second is much harder mentally.

I am not surprised. A combination of a lack of enforcement first time round so people aren't so worried about breaching the rules this time round, a sense that it's only old people so what's all the fuss about, a lack of trust in what government/scientists are telling us, and a general feeling of fatigue with the whole thing - all are leading to very different behaviours in this so called second wave. In the first wave we had all the tv images from Italy and Spain of hospitals being totally over-run etc., but this time whilst we are being told the NHS is on the brink, there isn't the same sense of fear and panic.
I don't pretend to know what the best way forward is, but if the general public isn't onboard then it's going to be very difficult to enforce extreme restrictions.

I am not surprised. A combination of a lack of enforcement first time round so people aren't so worried about breaching the rules this time round, a sense that it's only old people so what's all the fuss about, a lack of trust in what government/scientists are telling us, and a general feeling of fatigue with the whole thing - all are leading to very different behaviours in this so called second wave. In the first wave we had all the tv images from Italy and Spain of hospitals being totally over-run etc., but this time whilst we are being told the NHS is on the brink, there isn't the same sense of fear and panic.
I don't pretend to know what the best way forward is, but if the general public isn't onboard then it's going to be very difficult to enforce extreme restrictions.

My worry is that even if I do a 180 and go pro lockdown we haven't seen a positives outcome from the first on the NHS for other treatments as promised so is the second going to do that or were we just killing the virus again to clear the way for Covid? Because regardless of the intentions and the why's and what nots caused by lockdown OR the lack of them the increase in excess deaths due to other illness is becoming scary. Whatever we ate doing itsd either not working or we ain't doing it well enough.

This article is an excellent read https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/are-we-really-seeing-a-second-wave-

In Wales you can eat yourself to death but dont think of reading

ElCkI4aXYAY15DA
It is a Jamie Redknapp book to be fair.

Back