• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Joe Rodon

Apologies if already posted but this feels particularly pertinent after what happened on Sunday...

The Championship is an exceptionally physical league for center backs, featuring teams with direct styles with highly physical forwards. This is does not appear to bother Rodon who has the physicality to win duels and be dominant in the air.

The Radar below shows Roden compared to the league average for center backs. Rodon is performing above the league average for a center back in aerial wins per 90.

He is as fiercely combative as he is technically proficient on the ball and is showing fantastic potential that will no doubt raise awareness to clubs in the Premier League.

28F371DF-F96F-48E4-B2BC-94AE0E20E486.jpeg

Last edited:
Also... sounds like just what our defence needs!

Standing at 6ft 4ins, Rodon is a domineering physical presence who is good both aerially and in ground duels. He’s involved in an average of 5.22 defensive duels per 90 minutes and has won a respectable 69.37% of them. The former Cheltenham Town loanee has also won 54.69% of his aerial duels this season.

...The Welshman, born in 1997, is part of a generation of footballers who are often criticised for lacking leadership qualities. But despite his young age, Rodon has shown that he’s a good communicator who can help organise the defence.

90% of the fan base have never seen him play but now he is looked at as the messiah. We really do go to extreme measures after a bad result.
Your always better when you don’t play
Just look at Skriniar... we would win the league with him and most people have never seen him play either

AS always, I stupidly hope that this lad is given time to adjust to a new situation and a new league. Thank fcuk there are no fans at games to jump on his first mistake and slag him off.
I look forward to him playing. Just to see him play. But to be honest I have my hopes Riding on Tanganga being someone who will be better than a lot of what we have.

Agreed
But he is also not a tall lad. Rodon is 6’4 and hopefully one who commands the air

Will need all that height when we play burnley town.

Reckon it will be dier and rodon in that game with dier finally playing his preferred side on the right and rodon on the left.

Got a very good feeling about this new proposed partnership.

Will need all that height when we play burnley town.

Reckon it will be dier and rodon in that game with dier finally playing his preferred side on the right and rodon on the left.

Got a very good feeling about this new proposed partnership.
Possible we could go 3-4-3 too, just to regain a bit of confidence and to support Rodon if he does get the nod.

Burnley away is literally the last fixture you’d probably want to recover from a game where you’ve shipped the goals we have.

Joe Rodon is another typical Levy signing : unknown, young and below 23 ! Would have preferred a more experienced defender but with the transfer window closing, we badly needed to sign him to improve our defence ! Still not sure how reliable he will be in defence but at least he will force the likes of Dier and Sanchez to work harder.

Realistically Toby and Sanchez are on the way out/cover long term. I think of the current lot only Dier is likely to have a long term future here and likely Tangana if he keeps up his development so I think this signing alongside someone with a bit more experience like Skriniar would give us good options for the future.

We badly need someone to dominate the defence, look what Van Dijk did for Liverpool, they were a good team before and he made thema great one with organisation, leadership as well as being a very good player in his own right.

Back