• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New TV and Soundbar

@StephenH the IKEA Sonos speakers might be worth looking at for rear speakers, if you are on a budget. The reviews that I've read have been pretty positive.

Don't get them, they are awful. I have one off the bookshelf speakers in my bedroom and it frequently doesn't appear in the app or loses connection when you play things through it. I've moved it into others rooms where I have other sonos speakers and get the same issue with the Ikea one but not the offical Sonos ones. Done the same thing in my bedroom and same result - would never buy them again. The bookshelf also takes up a lot more room as well and the sound quality isn't on the same level.

Don't get them, they are awful. I have one off the bookshelf speakers in my bedroom and it frequently doesn't appear in the app or loses connection when you play things through it. I've moved it into others rooms where I have other sonos speakers and get the same issue with the Ikea one but not the offical Sonos ones. Done the same thing in my bedroom and same result - would never buy them again. The bookshelf also takes up a lot more room as well and the sound quality isn't on the same level.
Try assigning them a fixed IP address on your router.

Every streaming speaker I’ve ever had was brick with drop offs until I did that and it finally solved all the issues.

Try assigning them a fixed IP address on your router.

Every streaming speaker I’ve ever had was brick with drop offs until I did that and it finally solved all the issues.

I tried that but the same issue, it's only that one speaker that has this issue. If I turn it off at the mains then then try again it will usually work for a couple of days before becoming interrupted again.

Ordered the SAMSUNG QE55Q80TATXXU @ £899. Despite it being the 'mid' tier of Samsung TVs, it's got good spec, does what I need it to do and seems fairly competitive.

Now i will shift my UE48HU7500 up to the bedroom and hope @scaramanga suggestion on the Gripit plugs work (sisters boyfriend used them and said it seems fine), so will fit a wall bracket on the weekend, move that tv upstairs and fit the new one downstairs on exisiting bracket.

Now to order Sky Black Friday deal too, get the multiroom for the bedroom.

Ordered the SAMSUNG QE55Q80TATXXU @ £899. Despite it being the 'mid' tier of Samsung TVs, it's got good spec, does what I need it to do and seems fairly competitive.

Now i will shift my UE48HU7500 up to the bedroom and hope @scaramanga suggestion on the Gripit plugs work (sisters boyfriend used them and said it seems fine), so will fit a wall bracket on the weekend, move that tv upstairs and fit the new one downstairs on exisiting bracket.

Now to order Sky Black Friday deal too, get the multiroom for the bedroom.
Might be stating the obvious, but with a good bracket the load is spread across all of the plugs. So use as many as you need to hold it.

Back