• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

GG Podcast

you need the regular content every week/month to fill
Plenty of podcasts don't bother with genuine content.
Many just interview ANYONE on the same subject e.g. The Off Menu Podcast or Life Goals. It is the same subject three times a week.
Not to mention football pods like The Fighting rooster, obviously that content appears twice a week easily.
Even the pods about films or history or murders don't create content, they just read up or wait for the content to appear so they can chat about it

The only podcast I listen to regularly is the Fighting C0ck which makes me laugh out loud most episodes. They have a core group of about ten guys, three of whom are on any one episode. The question and answer segment usually deteriorates in custard style lads banter but it can be a refreshing change from breaking down our defensive woes. The best episodes appear to be when the dynamic of the three people on the pod allows the conversation to evolve naturally. Not interrupting each other is one key challenge, same with online work meetings I guess.

One other thing which I think lets the Fighting C0ck down is the fact the admit to recreational drug use which means Spurs will never give them the time of day in terms of interviews with key staff, let alone players or Levy. Some form of professional standard is a must IMO.

It's a good idea, but differentiation from TFC's podcast probably is key. TFC does a superb podcast with Case et al, and it's just a blokey chat about all things Spurs and life twice a week. A podcast for GG might need to focus on a more controlled product to begin with to justify itself. Also echo @awesome dawson re: the issue with TFC not being able to get club folks to do their podcast - a more streamlined, structured protect and brand could be more successfully pitched to get folks from the club on, although the appeal of the podcast (for me, anyway) is always just hearing the stories of regular Spurs fans.

Come to think of it, Dan and Tim from the Away Days vids also made a podcast recently. What is it with Spurs fans and podcasts? :p

Do you have any experience of performing on camera?

ff5ea48283754dd8257c921a3e390114.jpg

We could go down the Sticky ball Sacks route (“Last word on Spurs”) and yell really loud and quickly for an hour and a half, gibbering nonsense and pronouncing most players names wrong?

Seems very achievable and looks to gather a decent following.

Back