• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Fight to Qualify for the European Conference League 2020/21

Some pundits are lazy when it comes to Jose. Jose is not a defensive coach. He is a pragmatic coach. He looks for what is a team's weakness and the best way to set up his team to win or achieve his end goal against that team.

tickle my balls with a feather, good post.

Here's a list of players we'll have staying at Tottenham during the international break.

Hart, Gazzaniga, Whiteman, Tanganga, Carter Vickers, Rose, Sissoko, Gedson, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Alli, Bergwijn, Clarke, Lamela, Moura, Son, Bale, Vinicious

Here's a list of players we'll have staying at Tottenham during the international break.

Hart, Gazzaniga, Whiteman, Tanganga, Carter Vickers, Rose, Sissoko, Gedson, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Alli, Bergwijn, Clarke, Lamela, Moura, Son, Bale, Vinicious

Couple of good five-a-side teams there.

And one really s.hit one.

Assuming EVE and AST cannot sustain this run, we are 2 points behind the "leaders" Liverpool, who just lost their Captain, Leader, Legend.

If we do what WE need to do, we will be up there at the business end of the season.

13 EVE
12 AST
10 LIV
9 LEI ARS
8 TOT CHE
7 MNC + chod
6 MNU WOL

Assuming EVE and AST cannot sustain this run, we are 2 points behind the "leaders" Liverpool, who just lost their Captain, Leader, Legend.

If we do what WE need to do, we will be up there at the business end of the season.

13 EVE
12 AST
10 LIV
9 LEI ARS
8 TOT CHE
7 MNC + chod
6 MNU WOL
Your trying to be positive here aren’t you ;)

I’ll add that I see no reason Why villa and Everton couldn’t keep it up myself

13 EVE
12 AST
10 LIV
9 LEI ARS
8 TOT CHE
7 MNC + chod
6 MNU WOL

I tend to agree with that, i think Villa could do the same as Wolves last season ( fight at the top for so long but then drop away) and i am sure Everton will as well. Early days i know but i do not see Liverpool being the same as last season either ( especially if they have to do without VD). We are still having to bring a lot of new players into the side ( and that may take time for them to settle).

Far too early to judge where we will end up but there is a lot to play for and we could be in the mix.

The defending is atrocious this year, Villa is the only team who's averaging less than a goal per game conceded as of now. The first "big" team that sorts out it's defending will have a huge advantage.

I tend to agree with that, i think Villa could do the same as Wolves last season ( fight at the top for so long but then drop away) and i am sure Everton will as well. Early days i know but i do not see Liverpool being the same as last season either ( especially if they have to do without VD). We are still having to bring a lot of new players into the side ( and that may take time for them to settle).

Far too early to judge where we will end up but there is a lot to play for and we could be in the mix.
Don’t know about you but we remind me of Chelsea in the Conte league win season
Tweaks here and there to fix the issues

The defending is atrocious this year, Villa is the only team who's averaging less than a goal per game conceded as of now. The first "big" team that sorts out it's defending will have a huge advantage.
Yep
I’ve said it for some time
Defenders are picked because they can pass
FBs are picked because they can cross
Few get picked because of their raw defensive attributes
What I liked from what I’ve read and heard about Rodon is he likes defending and that’s key
It has to be key

Yep
I’ve said it for some time
Defenders are picked because they can pass
FBs are picked because they can cross
Few get picked because of their raw defensive attributes
What I liked from what I’ve read and heard about Rodon is he likes defending and that’s key
It has to be key
Liking defending is key.

From what I've read he's also very much a ball playing centre back. That's also key.

I do think we do have to be cautious.

I'm very much buying into the 'it looks like we're going in the right direction'' train of thought BUT if you stand back it is still early days for a lot of our players. Many, even lastsummers signings have only played a handful of games for us, and if you're honest no-one can really say whether Doherty or Reggie, for example, are quality...plainly not enough games to know.

Furthermore, what is plain to see is Kane and Son are on a ruthless sh.it hot streak. If that gets discounted in any way (injury, form, suspension) we may realise......'ah thats why we were so good'.

Not saying that is a negative just that a drop off from them is probably more likely than not and hopefully our all round game improves enough to not rely on that (but that is itself very much in its infancy)

One thing we need to do is milk the Kane/Son (and hopefully Bale) hot streak for alls its worth. Those two can't serve up what they did yesterday and come off with just one point.

I think it will be more than a tweak at CH, someone has got to step up or we luck out somehow (with someone getting a chance because of injury or something)

I think it will be more than a tweak at CH, someone has got to step up or we luck out somehow (with someone getting a chance because of injury or something)
Maybe it’s get someone in who can also play LCB
All the goals have come from balls fork out right to left
Chelsea made that tweak to with Sideshow that season. We don’t IMO change our formation but I can see minor defensive tweaks

Errr. What?
From right to left
As in their hitting balls from our right to our left. Their hitting the back post area or the left hand side of the area so bypassing middle ground where the bodies are
Even the free kick they took that got retaken was whipped into the back stick

We remind me more of Liverpool pre VVD and Alisson. Great going forward but can’t defend. I think we’ve got a great chance in the cups but we’re not consistent enough to mount a serious title challenge, but we should be with the players we have. Two top CB’s are the final pieces to the puzzle I think. At the very least, we need an upgrade on Dier and Sanchez who appear to be first choice.

We remind me more of Liverpool pre VVD and Alisson. Great going forward but can’t defend. I think we’ve got a great chance in the cups but we’re not consistent enough to mount a serious title challenge, but we should be with the players we have. Two good CB’s are the final pieces to the puzzle I think.
Maybe one CB of the right calibrate or right fit will do the job
I’ll add that Sanchez OG came from a winger not doing his job well enough
I think (I may be wrong) that one of the free kicks was awarded for a sissoko foul and he also got done with the header
Last goal was a header out form Kane which some think could have been better and winks stretching to get onto it to clear it
But that doesn’t abscond the defence of their duties by any means. The whole team needs to have a brain check for these situations

13 EVE
12 AST
10 LIV
9 LEI ARS
8 TOT CHE
7 MNC + chod
6 MNU WOL
Apologies if this has already been said, but this season seems to be shaping up like the year Leicester won it in terms of the 'big clubs' and their form. With Van Lesbian out the Dippers have a huge disadvantage, Emirates Marketing Project are in a negative spiral, Cheat$ki have Fat Frank who is raw and inexperienced. If Jose can add some iron to our defense after Wets Spam (pun intended), he has the personnel to put together a credible challenge. And as a narcissist he has an opportunity to really, really, really put down a claim to be up there with Fergie as a winning manager. IF he can get us to the promised land.

Remember, it;s the hope...

Apologies if this has already been said, but this season seems to be shaping up like the year Leicester won it in terms of the 'big clubs' and their form. With Van Lesbian out the Dippers have a huge disadvantage, Emirates Marketing Project are in a negative spiral, Cheat$ki have Fat Frank who is raw and inexperienced. If Jose can add some iron to our defense after Wets Spam (pun intended), he has the personnel to put together a credible challenge. And as a narcissist he has an opportunity to really, really, really put down a claim to be up there with Fergie as a winning manager. IF he can get us to the promised land.

Remember, it;s the hope...
Yeah, there are defenitely many similarities between the starts of these seasons.
We even started very slowly in 15/16 getting only 6 points from first 5 games, including 2 pitty draws against Stoke and Leicester, when we deserved to win but conceded late goals.
Speaking about level of opponents, we only played against one top-team (on paper) - it was MU. And we lost points against unexpected future champions.

Currently all top-tier teams have different kind of problems. I should say, after VVD injury City becomes the stablest one but they have their weaknesses as well.
Mourinho should sort our defensive woes especially on set-pieces and while protecting the score. If it happens before November's-December's horrific run of EPL fixtures, we can at least expect a top-4 finish and a couple of good runs in the cup (and two of them have already started).
We have a very solid squad with the only potential issue in CB position. But hopefully Rodon will be able to contribute positively to the first team, because I lost hope with Sanchez and Toby, sadly, isn't the player he used to be 3-4 seasons ago.

Last edited:
Back