• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

Heat of the moment or not, the person in that clip is not a mentally healthy individual.

I always feel that it’s bubbling away underneath, in his MOTD interview tonight you could see it too, when things start to go against him his true belligerence emerges.

I must admit I was in favour of VAR initially, hoping it would pick up errors made by match day officials. There will always be the belief by many that certain teams were getting more favourable decisions and that this would be eliminated or at least reduced. This has not been the case, I think part of the problem is it's the people in the same club as the refs making the calls and they all stick together and are loathed to make a call against their mates, how can any competent/unbias person not see the Maguire incident as a clear foul on a replay.

I must admit I was in favour of VAR initially, hoping it would pick up errors made by match day officials. There will always be the belief by many that certain teams were getting more favourable decisions and that this would be eliminated or at least reduced. This has not been the case, I think part of the problem is it's the people in the same club as the refs making the calls and they all stick together and are loathed to make a call against their mates, how can any competent/unbias person not see the Maguire incident as a clear foul on a replay.
Perhaps VAR should be put in the hands of the clubs; two VAR reviews allowed per game for wrong goal/red card decisions? Otherwise game is reffed as usual.
I don't believe tech. can't be used for offsides, receivers in each shirt, and one in the ball.

There doesnt appear to be any transprency with the decision making, we only here after the TV company have commented that there has been a review as in the Maguire incident.

Perhaps VAR should be put in the hands of the clubs; two VAR reviews allowed per game for wrong goal/red card decisions? Otherwise game is reffed as usual.
I don't believe tech. can't be used for offsides, receivers in each shirt, and one in the ball.

I find the idea of reviews in football ridiculous

doesn’t that still rely on the competence of the officials though? Even worse if your chances of getting a decision overturned are limited to one or two incidents.

I like the correct decisions to be made as often as possible. VAR is good. The way it is used right now needs work. It's a work in progress. It's the way forward.

But you will never get that level people want because the objective decisions can be seen either way and humans will always run it so will come with the same level of error as if you just ref the game with one man

But you will never get that level people want because the objective decisions can be seen either way and humans will always run it so will come with the same level of error as if you just ref the game with one man

I think if implemented properly it will mean the results will be fairer which I think is essential. Too many football games have been won by the wrong team due to bad refereeing. That is still the case but the tech can only reduce the amount of those IMO. Just like DRS in cricket it will evolve in to something which enhances the game. It just needs time.

If they are objective they can’t be seen either way, they are factual, the laws are implicit to my knowledge.

Back