• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Spurs v West Ham

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm actually not bothered about defensive frailty. I'm leaning towards @Bedfordspurs theory that no one defends well in modern game. Naming two CBs is almost token in game now....filler
The lack of clean sheets now is standard
Teams what CBS who can spray 50 yard passes and then put their body on the line
Full backs who are wingers who do some defending
And sweeper keepers
It’s a mix for more attacking defending if that makes any sense

The worrying thing is, they've probably carved out close to a dozen decent attacking positions- they lacked a final ball sometimes, but they've been dangerous.

We just blew them away first 15 so it isn't as worrying, but it is an issue. I imagine Mourinho will say the same - focus, keep your concentration, remember last season when it went 3-0 to 3-2.

Bergwijn's tried hard, but looked a bit frustrated at times. I'd keep him on until 60, then hook him for Bale if we are 3-0 or 3-1 up (or up by 4 or more :p ). If it's 3-2, then go defensive instead - set up tougher to break through in the middle.

Game isn't over. Mourinho needs to get that into their heads.

Without trying to sound roostery Jose has us very much being a box defending team. Meaning when the opposition attack we hunker down into our box and close passing lanes and wait for crosses. It does mean at times the opposition will have massed ranks in and around our box, but it seems very much by design with jose backing us to stop them ever getting a clear goal scoring chance and that has pretty much been the case so far.

Back