• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

Lee Dixon is a decent bloke. He's often used as a Co-commentator on the American broadcasts, and he's certainly one of the the better ones! None of the anti-spurs drivel that Smith and 'aaaaaaand it's live' Taylor constantly spout.
Dixon is very professional imo.
I'm think it might be because he's not an Arsenal fan. He's always said he grew as a Emirates Marketing Project fan although I'm sure hes fond of Arsenal due to his time there but yes he's very professional and there isn't any obvious bias when he talks about us.

They should let him go on loan somewhere if they are not going to use him, even if they are paying his wages they won't have to feed him or have him around as a lightning rod for negative stories.

They should let him go on loan somewhere if they are not going to use him, even if they are paying his wages they won't have to feed him or have him around as a lightning rod for negative stories.

West Ham is where Gooners go to die

Makes one think the Gunnersuarus move was preemptive.

I dont know about you .... but im loving Ozil rinsing the gooners ... not training well, chilling collecting his £350k a week wages ... no sell on fee ...

Ha, yes.

I mean stuff like this, costs him effectively nothing yes, the same could be said of all of their players, but he’s the one that did it, he gives a fudge tonne of money to charity as well.

I think there’s a good guy behind the footballer.
He made a salient point when it came to refusing the paycut, stating he wanted to know what it would fund before accepting.
With 55 redundancies, plus the mascot getting the Spanish Archer it looks as though the ones who took it are funding Aubemeyang’s payrise...

vTzYYe8.jpg

The Athletic said:
Another element that may have influenced Arsenal’s desire to shift Ozil in the summer transfer window is a loyalty bonus amounting to around £8 million that was paid to him at the end of September.

This stems from an arrangement negotiated with the former Real Madrid attacker when he ended speculation about his future by signing a new three-and-a-half-year deal in January 2018. At that point, Arsenal would likely have wanted Ozil to stay until at least the end of his agreement and such a mechanism — which many players benefit from — would have rewarded his service.

Please let that be true. £8m + £350k a week which is about £18m annualised. £26m for sitting on his arse doing very little. Why on earth would he contemplate moving?

I do sometimes wonder how the people who negotiate and pay these deals have ended up so much richer than me and most other Average Joes. What the f**k am I missing?

Calling it a loyalty bonus as well...ha ha ha. That's comedy gold.

Please let that be true. £8m + £350k a week which is about £18m annualised. £26m for sitting on his arse doing very little. Why on earth would he contemplate moving?

I do sometimes wonder how the people who negotiate and pay these deals have ended up so much richer than me and most other Average Joes. What the f**k am I missing?

Calling it a loyalty bonus as well...ha ha ha. That's comedy gold.

Or probably about 1/12 of their revenue for this Calendar year! Apparently there revenue is about £390 m a season but match day revenue is £90m so this calendar year should put them down to £300m as hardly any games with fans. 1/12th on one player in a year and that’s not even including a transfer fee!!!

Embarrassing club. This guy hasn't even played a game and they’re making out he’s the new Zidane. I can’t wait to see him fail to live up to these expectations.

Back