• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

I guess the phrase " Circuit Breaker" is the new buzz word for the week. :rolleyes:

It’s scientifically proven to work and save lives. The fact the UK Government is too stupid to realise that continuing as they are isn’t sustainable and will lead to the NHS being overwhelmed in the coming months beggars belief. That fact your pubs are still open is simply ridiculous. Have already done a majority of this year under lockdown, i miss a lot of things including the pub but I’m looking forward to a future which doesn't include a thousand daily deaths. The selfish idiots in the UK are taking the country down the herd immunity route regardless of what science or the rest of the country want.

It’s scientifically proven to work and save lives. The fact the UK Government is too stupid to realise that continuing as they are isn’t sustainable and will lead to the NHS being overwhelmed in the coming months beggars belief. That fact your pubs are still open is simply ridiculous. Have already done a majority of this year under lockdown, i miss a lot of things including the pub but I’m looking forward to a future which doesn't include a thousand daily deaths. The selfish idiots in the UK are taking the country down the herd immunity route regardless of what science or the rest of the country want.

I think only one country has tried the circuit breaker and feedback seems pretty mixed - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-look-to-israel-for-example-of-short-lockdown

I think only one country has tried the circuit breaker and feedback seems pretty mixed - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-look-to-israel-for-example-of-short-lockdown

I suppose that depends on your definition of circuit breaker. A proper lockdown like the UK did in March and Melbourne has been doing for six months is what’s required. Not this roostertail of half arsed Boris measures. The rule of six and pubs closing at 10pm is the an embarrassingly inadequate response.

Guy on news tonight speaking exactly my kind of sense

Elderly get put into lockdown in UK by default of original lockdown their death rate declines, elderly restrictions lifted by default part of blanket lockdown lifted their death rate increases again. If restrictions had remained for most vulnerable these rates would not have reached such a steep rerun.

There are no sharp turns for this virus as the scaremongers put it, no left turn to take out babies or women or hoards of random people in their 20s yet we act like it is.

Its not selfish to be realistic about the victims of this virus and where efforts should be concentrated.

Last edited:
I suppose that depends on your definition of circuit breaker. A proper lockdown like the UK did in March and Melbourne has been doing for six months is what’s required. Not this roostertail of half arsed Boris measures. The rule of six and pubs closing at 10pm is the an embarrassingly inadequate response.

Surely a two week circuit breaker is short term, otherwise its a long term lockdown

Guy on news tonight speaking exactly my kind of sense

Elderly get put into lockdown in UK by default of original lockdown their death rate declines, elderly restrictions lifted by default part of blanket lockdown lifted their death rate increases again. If restrictions had remained for most vulnerable these rates would not have reached such a steep rerun.

There are no sharp turns for this virus as the scaremongers put it, no left turn to take out babies or women or hoards of random people in their 20s yet we act like it is.

Its not selfish to be realistic about the victims of this virus and where efforts should be concentrated.

Why the beating around the bush? Just come out and say it. You don’t care if vulnerable people or the elderly die.

The front of Johnson is frightening. I fail to see how he can continue in the job. Any person with even a shred of decency who had shown the incompetence that he has, would have resigned months ago.

If Johnson wasn't such a lying clam, I might have some sympathy for him. He is copping it in equal amounts from those who feel that he has not done enough to protect people from the virus and also from the denier element. He is fudged!

If we are aiming for suppression then this is more sensible than the current ideas.
Given how precarious the economy currently seems to be, it would be mad to have any kind of braking effect on it.

The only way forward is to continue getting back to normal (real normal, not 'COVID normal') as quickly as possible.

It's a fudging preposterous idea.

The economy won't cope with another lockdown of any length. Stiff upper lip and carry the fudge on.

Preposterous to your wallet. Stiff upper lip and carry on while people around you die? Doesn't fly any more. You need to adapt, I thought psychopaths were good at that?

Last edited:
Back