• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Thought trailer for Dune was weak (not that that means a lot) but there is a skill to trailers. The Batman trailer is a work of art.

It's actually quite a crafty trailer. It pays homage to the flawed David Lynch version from back in the '80s by using the same scenes in the same sequence. Also pays tribute to the failed attempt to make the movie by brilliant, quirky director Alejandro Jodorowsky by using Pink Floyd in the soundtrack. There's an incredible documentary on it called Jodorowsky's Dune. Well worth watching. Here's a trailer for it:

Finally got around to watching Atomic Blonde, quite enjoyed it. I mean, i'm a sucker for anything 80s esque, but the directing and some of the scene changes in the film were fantastic.

Plus, Sofia Boutella.

I finally got around to watching SnowPiercer, after hearing lots of promising reviews and folks fawning over Director Bong.
It was one of the worst films I have ever seen. The premise, the effects, the acting, the dialogue, the script, the farcical action, EVERYTHING about it, the accents, the clothing, the scenes, the design, EVERYTHING was embarrassing.

I am ashamed that you watched it. I lasted 20 minutes.

I finally got around to watching SnowPiercer, after hearing lots of promising reviews and folks fawning over Director Bong.
It was one of the worst films I have ever seen. The premise, the effects, the acting, the dialogue, the script, the farcical action, EVERYTHING about it, the accents, the clothing, the scenes, the design, EVERYTHING was embarrassing.

Don’t get the hype either

Watched The Gentlemen last night.....it's entertaining, nothing more nothing less.

Hugh Grant is good, basically because he is not playing his usual character. Though reminded me of Griff Rhys Jones on the delivery.

I'd agree with that. I didn't like telling the story through flashback but if he didn't have that, Hugh Grant's role would've been quite small and he was the best thing in it.

Watched The Gentlemen last night.....it's entertaining, nothing more nothing less.

Hugh Grant is good, basically because he is not playing his usual character. Though reminded me of Griff Rhys Jones on the delivery.

I enjoyed it, but as you say, not the most memorable either.

But Hugh Grant was fantastic, such a different character portrayal and he absolutely nailed the delivery each and every time. Proper smarmy tabloid prick, he was brilliant. As was Colin Farrell.

Despite my love of Sons of Anarchy, christ almighty Charlie Hunam is a terrible actor. Better than Green Street days though.

Also, Bugzy Malone dropping some bars too.

Watched this last night on Prime. Good if you like your films a little bit fudged up:
tony-film-poster.jpg

Don’t get the hype either

One of the worst films I’ve ever watched

Watched Queen and Slim on prime...it's pretty good. 6/7 out of 10.

It really takes quite a lot these days for a film to resonate with me.

I also watched We Were Soldiers the other day. Meh.

Last edited:
Back