• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Poll: What was the worst performance under Mauricio Pochettino?

What was the worst performance under Mauricio Pochettino?

• 1-2 vs Burnley Feb 2019

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-4 vs Emirates Marketing Project Dec 2017

• 2-3 vs West Ham Oct 2017 (League Cup)

• 0-1 vs West Ham May 2017

• 0-3 vs Stoke May 2015

• 0-1 Vs Aston Villa April 2015

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We didn't really play that bad in the final. I watched it again recently (first time since the actual game), and we were the better side, by some margin! We had quite a few good opportunities, we were just a bit out of form, and missed opportunities we usually would take, + a horrible penalty decision.
Yep
I havent watched it back but I’ve seen much much worse

Sunday the 21st of September 2014, White Hart Lane, Tottenham 0-Wba 1.
Ruined my perfect weekend.
No vote in Indy ref on the Thursday
Kate bush concert on the Friday
Slap up dinner at the savoy grill on the Saturday
All spoilt by first and so far only game at the lane being spoilt by a horrible but not untypical WBA smash and grab.
Bah!

We didn't really play that bad in the final. I watched it again recently (first time since the actual game), and we were the better side, by some margin! We had quite a few good opportunities, we were just a bit out of form, and missed opportunities we usually would take, + a horrible penalty decision.
Every single one of our stars were absolute gash Kane, Son, Eriksen, Dele if one of them had have played well we might have got something
Rose/Winks tried their hardest and were our best players
We did wake up on 70 minutes and start to try and play

All spoilt by first and so far only game at the lane being spoilt by a horrible but not untypical WBA smash and grab.
Bah!
Was it some brick WBA player called Cox or something scored, him and all of his family are huge Spurs fans

Every single one of our stars were absolute gash Kane, Son, Eriksen, Dele if one of them had have played well we might have got something
Rose/Winks tried their hardest and were our best players
We did wake up on 70 minutes and start to try and play
It had its upsides. That handball at the start was the best Sissoko's ever controlled a ball.

Bah!

It was James Morrison with a free header, freedom of the park and all that. I was at this one as well with my father. Took him to London to see the tourist sites, etc. West Brom partly spoiled the weekend.

It was James Morrison with a free header, freedom of the park and all that. I was at this one as well with my father. Took him to London to see the tourist sites, etc. West Brom partly spoiled the weekend.

WBA have done it to us that often they all merge into one big pile if poop!

Worst for me given the circumstances and opposition was United in the FA cup. Folded like a pack of cards as soon as United gritted their teeth. And a second successive semi final defeat.

Not sure if it ranks as one of the worst performances but Arsenal at home in March 2016 was a classic case of us losing our bottle. 2-1 up against 10 men at home and we ended up drawing. We were hanging on at the end too.

Burnley away for me also was another bottle job that gets tied into not turning up whenever we had a chance to win to go top or win to put pressure on the leaders.

I understand why people are still annoyed about the CL final and I myself was underwhelmed with the performance but given the opposition and it was our first final it’s harsh to say it was our worst performance under Poch. Liverpool had finished circa 25 points ahead of us in the league And would have ran away with it in any other year before 2017/18. And it was our first final and Liverpool’s ninth. They have been there and have experience of winning it multiple times. Maybe we wouldn’t have froze so much with another manager but we put in much worse performances than that.

Definitely the Brighton match.
I watched it in despair as I really started to come to terms with the thought that Poch might have to go and wasn't able to pull the team back, even after a summer break and new players. I was desperate for him to turn it around but I think the Brighton match really started to make me think it was not going to happen.

The Bayern game hurt more immediately because of the humiliating setting and score, but we did at least play well for some of the match, against a very good team, that were ridiculously clinical in chance conversion
Brighton was a deeper, more resonant pain.

Definitely the Brighton match.
I watched it in despair as I really started to come to terms with the thought that Poch might have to go and wasn't able to pull the team back, even after a summer break and new players. I was desperate for him to turn it around but I think the Brighton match really started to make me think it was not going to happen.

The Bayern game hurt more immediately because of the humiliating setting and score, but we did at least play well for some of the match, against a very good team, that were ridiculously clinical in chance conversion
Brighton was a deeper, more resonant pain.

Yeah, we actually had chances even before we scored against Bayern. And look at the scores they ran up against Chelsea and Barcelona. Bayern are the one team in world football you don’t want to come up against when you’re slightly off your game as they are ruthless and don’t stop trying to score.

Brighton was easily worse. Wasn’t it the next game after Bayern? I think everyone thought we’d get a reaction after Bayern. Turns out we just got the wrong reaction.

Yeah, we actually had chances even before we scored against Bayern. And look at the scores they ran up against Chelsea and Barcelona. Bayern are the one team in world football you don’t want to come up against when you’re slightly off your game as they are ruthless and don’t stop trying to score.

Brighton was easily worse. Wasn’t it the next game after Bayern? I think everyone thought we’d get a reaction after Bayern. Turns out we just got the wrong reaction.
Yep
We literally played sissoko RB
We had our keeper break his elbow dropping a cross into his own goal
I don’t think we had a shot all Game of note
And they simply outplayed us to a man
It was spineless

Where does one pick from?

Saudi Sportswashing Machine away in the final away game in his second season, Chelsea in the semifinal where Son was LB, domestic cup matches - they are a lot.

I am going to ignore his last season because the team was baddddddd!!! For me, it is equal between Chelsea and Man Utd semifinals - players talked a lot / hyped it up and then .... what a fall.

Just thought of another dog display. Bournemouth away. 0-1. Son sent off for retaliating. Foyth brought on at half time was dismissed only a few minutes later for a stupidly rash challenge leaving us to play virtually the whole of the second half with nine men. We defended valiantly only to concede to a Nathan Age header from a corner in the dying seconds. brick all round.

Back