• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2020 - Pushing up the daisies

Somehow it doesn't surprise me when singers get throat cancer i.e. if they spent every night for 20+ years sucking in huge deep breaths in smoky bars.

The Dutch-American musician, 65, had been undergoing treatment for throat cancer.

His band, Van Halen, were best known for their song Jump, which hit the top of the US charts in 1984.

His son Wolfgang paid tribute to him on social media, saying he was the best father he could ever ask for.

"My heart is broken and I don't think I'll ever fully recover from this loss. I love you so much, Pop," his son wrote.

Celebrity news website TMZ, which first broke news of his death, said Van Halen died at St Johns Hospital in Santa Monica, California on Tuesday surrounded by his family.

The guitarist had been in and out of hospital in the past year and recently underwent a round of chemotherapy, TMZ reported, citing sources.

He had been battling the disease for years after receiving treatment for tongue cancer in 2000.

Throughout his treatment, Van Halen continued to attend concerts and rehearse music with his son, TMZ said.

Somehow it doesn't surprise me when singers get throat cancer i.e. if they spent every night for 20+ years sucking in huge deep breaths in smoky bars.

The Dutch-American musician, 65, had been undergoing treatment for throat cancer.

His band, Van Halen, were best known for their song Jump, which hit the top of the US charts in 1984.

His son Wolfgang paid tribute to him on social media, saying he was the best father he could ever ask for.

"My heart is broken and I don't think I'll ever fully recover from this loss. I love you so much, Pop," his son wrote.

Celebrity news website TMZ, which first broke news of his death, said Van Halen died at St Johns Hospital in Santa Monica, California on Tuesday surrounded by his family.

The guitarist had been in and out of hospital in the past year and recently underwent a round of chemotherapy, TMZ reported, citing sources.

He had been battling the disease for years after receiving treatment for tongue cancer in 2000.

Throughout his treatment, Van Halen continued to attend concerts and rehearse music with his son, TMZ said.
He smoked a lot too, or used to.

Back