• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

I absolutely wasn't happy with Rudiger, but I never argued that it wasn't a red card for Son. If a player raises his hands (or feet, I guess) in retaliation, it's a sending off. I don't have to like it, but I've got to accept it.

And no one is saying let's do this every game

Facts are its part if the game and when the coin falls our way I'm not gonna feel guilty anymore than opponents do when it happens against us

But we all went mad about Rudiger’s acting after that game. I guess the next time it happens to us those that are fine with Lamela’s actions today will also be fine with whichever opponent does the same to us?
Of course. It's just up to us to out sh.ithouse all the other teams over the season. Then we can feel smug about it;)

A bit of Mourinho ethic coming through. Be a clam if you have to - just get the win. Martial's hand brushed the face and in a VAR world it is technically a red, whereas Lamela didn't quite catch the head. If it was against us we'd be upset. But Mourinho prepared the players better for this. They know the rules. They know what to do.
Have you ever watched Lamela play football? He's a sh1thouse of the first order and I'm glad we have him.

This is the level I expect from someone who thinks unsporting behaviour is fine if your team do it. I expect you could knock me down as I'm in my 70s and have to walk with a stick for support. I'm sorry.

Sorry mate. I'd had a few beers and was a bit excited. This was a momentous win. My comment was said tongue in cheek, but no excuse. Apologies for any offense caused.

This incident is more perplexing then the 7 - 2 Liverpool result.

It's like the ref called prison rules or something, the ball is so far gone that it's a joke.

All the pussyhole rules and regs presumably mean Shaw can't be banned retrospectively I guess?
Yeah, I just don't get it. All the other stuff is so underhand and nuanced that it can be difficult for the ref to pick thru correctly, YET presented with something that is plain sight butchery. 100% not interested in the ball. Plainly done just because he's a bad loser. Not retaliatory in anyway. Premeditated. Definite potential to cause injury. A violent act.

Yep a yellow card:rolleyes:

This incident is more perplexing then the 7 - 2 Liverpool result.

It's like the ref called prison rules or something, the ball is so far gone that it's a joke.

All the pussyhole rules and regs presumably mean Shaw can't be banned retrospectively I guess?

As I said elsewhere, its reminiscent of our game at Stamford Bridge a couple years ago when we were chasing down Leicester. Dier had a brutal hack on Hazard and was only given a yellow - was a sympathy vote from the ref as he knew we were beaten. Same with Shaw

I know you will stop reading after the first comment ...

I was listening to Talksport this morning and it really irked me when they said that Lamela should be embarrassed at the way he went down and would not be able to sleep ...

I don't agree with the way Lamela went down but if anyone should be embarrassed it is Martial, he got suckered into raising his hands to Lamela, as a professional player he did it to himself, and probably didnt sleep knowing he let himself and the team down.

Lamela probably laughed all the way to bed after watching the highlights of the win over and over again.

Martial wasn't the only player that warranted a red card on the night and Man U were lucky they were not down to 9 men minimum ... the result was shocking for them, but the performance was worse yet ... BUT the true story of the game was how toothless, spineless spurs dominated the game from 0-90 mins, from the defence, midfield and attack.

The narrative of the game has been lost by the fact Man U needed players and Ole has not been backed ... may i remind you journos how much United have spent since ferguson left ... CLOSE TO 1 BILLION pounds ... let that sink in.

Absolutely NOT the case.
Only a blind man would tell you they didn't see that Lamela's action was pantomime and poor form.
The truth is that Erik Lamela has not dragged football this way, that has been done for a couple of decades by various forces within and outside the immediate game, not to mention they money.
To love your club and modern football will require a certain acquiescence to one's own hypocrisy. I am anti third-world slave labour yet bought the new away shirts. I am against corporatization of stadiums yet think our new stadium is the absolute nuts.
The deep meaning of sport -and indeed life- has been taken from us a long time ago. We can still operate with a moral code, absolutely, and I'd wager most people here do. But there should also be a recognition that the entire sphere of sport has shifted.

What was more bizarre is that VAR checked it and upheld the red. So there must have been a legitimacy to the decision (again, Lamela's reaction was dramatic to say the least and bricky to be sure).

Of course VAR upheld it .. it was legitimate, here why

- Lamela pushed off Martial at chest level (who was crowding him in the box) with his arm (not elbow, not swung arm), this happens a dozen times a game. By the rule -> worse case scenario would be a yellow (if thought to be intent/violent)
- Martial responded by reaching around Lamela and open hand slapping him in the face. By the rule -> non negotiable red card

Forget Lamela's reaction, that is why it stood.

And let's be clear
- There was no cheating, embellishing may be slightly unsportsmanlike, but it isn't cheating (see above)
- There was no slave trade or massive trade in of our morals
- The clam here is Martial, who allowed himself to be wound up so easily (just like the time Son allowed himself to be sent off)
- Until the standard of refs in football change massively, this will be the only to prevent yourself from being at a serve disadvantage (and we already are with money doping)

And let me remind you of what "sporting behavior" gets you at Old Trafford.

pedro_mendes_disallowed_goal-787804.jpg

Back