• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

“Good spirits” is usually a medical euphemism for “pretty fudged”. I think they said it of Johnson before he went to ICU. Fingers crossed. And no slipping away gently, either. I’d rather he goes in some distress.

I want him to survive.

Then lose.

Then stand trial and be found guilty of all the corruption and embezzlement him and his family have done. Prison time to finish him off, having to share a yard with all the diversity of humanity he so despises.

Only way to not allow him to become a full blown martyr to the looney alt-right.

I want him to survive.

Then lose.

Then stand trial and be found guilty of all the corruption and embezzlement him and his family have done. Prison time to finish him off, having to share a yard with all the diversity of humanity he so despises.

Only way to not allow him to become a full blown martyr to the looney alt-right.

He’ll be pardoned of course.

On a seperate note, but related to American politics.

Fundrasing, it's really, really such a big thing isn't it? i know Labour backed majority by Unions, Tories by rich friends (and the Russians) but it really feels like the US is almost solely based on whoever raises the most funds, wins. I love visiting parts of the US (Vegas and NY), but it amazes me we look to the country as a bastion of freedom and brick. It's an absolute clusterfudge of a place in the majority of places, lack of healthcare provisions, gun loving tacos.

Even if you look at the economy and unemployment under Obama as a raging success and I can see why, before Covid Trump did pretty well with the American economy, saw drastic stock market rises and unemployment continue to fall, so using the same barometer for success Trump looks just as favorable.
Not really. Trump was riding on the coattails of Obama's strong economy. Obama had to turn around a slump created by the previous incumbent, whereas Trumps economy had already taken a downwards turn at the start of this year even before Covid. The stock market is not the economy, and a lot of the gains were buoyed by massive stock buy backs on the heels of that huge tax give away, a tax give away essentially funded by exploding the US deficit. And as for job numbers, yes they were increasing but at a lower rate than Obama's time in office. Although Trump liked to say he created the best economy in history that is not born out by the numbers.

And look where the US economy is now? Trump took it and fudged it like he's done with everything in his life. He couldn't get it through his head that managing Covid was the only way to manage the economy.

Last edited:
I dont think it is, the guy loved PR, he was often on chat shows, making quirky videos like walking down the corridors of the white house in shades, didn't he do a trip for a coffee stint with some comedian in a vintage car? He was a media fluffy bunnies cuddling at times, and fair play to him, he was a symbolic leader no doubt but for me thats not what makes a great president. It was all very Trudeau

This passage summed him up:

His failure to counter the gun crime epidemic, and African Americans have gained little stature or pride from his time in the White House. Who would have imagined #BlackLivesMatter taking off under the first black president of the United States? Far from being an inspiring leader, Obama turned out to be a sensitive loner

The end of his reign again in my opinion saw America with a more closed mind than when he took office which paved the way for Trump, that is his legacy, if what he had done had that great an effect on the country his legacy would have been a more inclusive together USA, the fact Trump got into power showed that he never achieved that.

Your opinion. I genuinely cannot be bothered to debate it. That you think Obama's "legacy" is what "paved the way for Trump" says it all. Sorry Grays, that is simply more rubbish...in my view.

On a seperate note, but related to American politics.

Fundrasing, it's really, really such a big thing isn't it? i know Labour backed majority by Unions, Tories by rich friends (and the Russians) but it really feels like the US is almost solely based on whoever raises the most funds, wins. I love visiting parts of the US (Vegas and NY), but it amazes me we look to the country as a bastion of freedom and brick. It's an absolute clusterfudge of a place in the majority of places, lack of healthcare provisions, gun loving tacos.

Spot on, i lived in the states for a few years and its a fantastic country and i made a lot of friends while i was there. However the saying " the home of the brave, the land of the free" is gonad*s, they took the land off the Indians and nearly wiped them out, part of that was killing millions of Buffalo which the Indians relied on to live.

Not really. Trump was riding on the coattails of Obama's strong economy. Obama had to turn around a slump created by the previous incumbent, whereas Trumps economy had already taken a downwards turn at the start of this year even before Covid. The stock market is not the economy, and a lot of the gains were buoyed by massive stock buy backs on the heels of that huge tax give away, a tax give away essentially funded by exploding the US deficit. And as for job numbers, yes they were increasing but at a lower rate than Obama's time in office. Although Trump liked to say he created the best economy in history that is not born out by the numbers.

And look where the US economy is now? Trump took it and fudged it like he's done with everything in his life. He couldn't get it through his head that managing Covid was the only way to manage the economy.

Riding on the coat tails for 3 years is huge mater of opinion and I am not here to defend trump, but regardless of how is it painted his 2.5% economy rise on average stacks up against Obama at 2.4% Unemployment hit a 50 year low under Trump aswell and wages have continued to rise or were at least.

At the end of the day I am not here to defend Trump, the guy is a clam, the point is PR or positive PR can mask a multitude of faults.

I read alot of what West wrote about Obama over the years ans as a black american professor and alot of it is damning and hard to get away from.

Even Mrs Clinton took a rougher time for things than Obama because of her negative PR perception when what she did came under his watch

Your opinion. I genuinely cannot be bothered to debate it. That you think Obama's "legacy" is what "paved the way for Trump" says it all. Sorry Grays, that is simply more rubbish...in my view.

Thats fine that is your opinion and you are entitled to it, plenty of more educated men feel the same way, some dont, thats the way of the world.

Like I said this is a random forum on a football page, not frontline politics, we are all entitled to our views regardless if we agree or not

Spot on, i lived in the states for a few years and its a fantastic country and i made a lot of friends while i was there. However the saying " the home of the brave, the land of the free" is gonad*s, they took the land off the Indians and nearly wiped them out, part of that was killing millions of Buffalo which the Indians relied on to live.

Exactly this, like I said previously spent time in Birmingham Alabama to play football (our kind) and the place is deluded with its deep rooted views and flouting of gun laws. Was incredible.

Its amazing really because we are forever fighting to get the monkey off our backs here in the UK of the empire where as America wield, have the most obnoxious national anthem ever, have been global bully boys with the attitude they can kick peoples arse, spend their lives saluting the flag obsessively and people still refer to it as the home of the brave and the land of the free.............Frighting really

Riding on the coat tails for 3 years is huge mater of opinion and I am not here to defend trump, but regardless of how is it painted his 2.5% economy rise on average stacks up against Obama at 2.4% Unemployment hit a 50 year low under Trump aswell and wages have continued to rise or were at least.

At the end of the day I am not here to defend Trump, the guy is a clam, the point is PR or positive PR can mask a multitude of faults.

I read alot of what West wrote about Obama over the years ans as a black american professor and alot of it is damning and hard to get away from.

Even Mrs Clinton took a rougher time for things than Obama because of her negative PR perception when what she did came under his watch
It is not really an opinion. The numbers show a straight line progression in GDP and employment figures. Obama transformed a weak economy and Trump benefitted from it until he blew it up. I don't want really get into a comparison of Obama's time with Trump as we would be here forever, but on your point of PR, Trump created a myth of a world beating economy just like he created the myth he was a competent businessman. The man is nothing but spin and lies.

Anyway I better do something constructive.

It is not really an opinion. The numbers show a straight line progression in GDP and employment figures. Obama transformed a weak economy and Trump benefitted from it until he blew it up. I don't want really get into a comparison of Obama's time with Trump as we would be here forever, but on your point of PR, Trump created a myth of a world beating economy just like he created the myth he was a competent businessman. The man is nothing but spin and lies.

Anyway I better do something constructive.

Trumps the anti of good PR, his brand of self PR is a disaster.

Anyway good to see your views, have a good weekend

Back