• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Van der Beek and Fernandes recently?

Woodward is the person who is being criticised for Uniteds transfer approach.

Do you think Lampard is the reason Chelsea are signing big name players?

Regardless our transfers this window are not of a higher stature than what we can expect to attract, unless you want argue otherwise i don't see any evidence to back up metalgears post.

Credit to Mourinho though for his role in identifying/okaying the players we have signed as the potential success rate looks very high atm

players signing have said they have been attracted to chelsea because of the conversations with frank, particularly the younger players

I think that the process is the same as it has been for a while, it is just that Mourinho has been happy with pragmatic solutions to gaps in the squad whereas Poch wanted specific players and turned down alternatives.

All the credible sources say that Bergwijn was an opportunistic signing. We'd been tracking him for a while and moved when it was clear that he was available at a reasonable price. I understand that it is the same with Reguilon and Bale this window. I think that Gedson was just bought in to cover Sissoko and line Mendes' pockets.
My thoughts on this, is that Poch said we needed to rebuild, and maybe Levy didn't really buy into it.
Then Mourinho comes and says the same.
I think Levy has then realized that Poch was right, when he got the same message from two managers. I think that has somewhat made him realise that we have to spend now, to not slip down the ladder, which would make it even more expensive to get back up the ladder again.

Player don't give a toss about boss if the money is right.
I disagree
If your not in the CL you need something else to add and i don’t believe that other than for Bale we have thrown money at players
Players want to play for managers who win trophies, and managers who will improve them

I disagree
If your not in the CL you need something else to add and i don’t believe that other than for Bale we have thrown money at players
Players want to play for managers who win trophies, and managers who will improve them

Show them the money!

I think you guys understate the Jose difference. Players want to play for him more than any other manager we've had. (since I started supporting the club)

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

This without a doubt and i fail to understand those who think different. A lot of fans get caught up in the press with their opinions of Jose being a clown shoe etc. In truth most players who have played for him have said they love him and just look at all the hugs he gets from players and staff of the opposing teams when we play them.

I disagree

Spot on and his trophy record shows that he is up there with the best on winning things. Said it before but players want to win things and they know they have a real good chance of doing that with Jose.

This without a doubt and i fail to understand those who think different. A lot of fans get caught up in the press with their opinions of Jose being a clown shoe etc. In truth most players who have played for him have said they love him and just look at all the hugs he gets from players and staff of the opposing teams when we play them.

Spot on and his trophy record shows that he is up there with the best on winning things. Said it before but players want to win things and they know they have a real good chance of doing that with Jose.

Don't think anyone has said the players don't want to play for Jose, just that him being here hasn't allowed the club to buy players previously out of reach as was suggested by Metalgear

If you disagree with that I'd like to know which of the players we have signed this window you think are of a level previously unattainable to a club of our stature?

Last edited:
Don't think anyone has said the players don't want to play for Jose, just that him being here hasn't allowed the club to buy players previously out of reach as was suggested by Metalgear

If you disagree with that I'd like to know which of the players we have signed this window you think are of a level previously unattainable to a club of our stature?

I am really not sure just what point you are trying to make here, i have no idea if any of the players we have signed would have also done so under Poch ( and you probably do not either). He has ( as far as i can tell) got the players he wanted. Whether you think Jose has a bigger profile with players then other managers is neither here or there, however most players want to play for a winner and despite wh at some fa ns with a agen da against him( not saying you have or have not) its true. IMO

Until we win a title or CL we will always be behind clubs like PSG, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man Utd, Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool, Chelsea, Bayern Munich and one of the Italian clubs, having a manager of Mourhino status gives us an edge over most others in the transfer stakes. Evens if we do reach that status wages will always be an issue, it's something we must live with.

Back