• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2020/21 - Round of 16: Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)

Great draw, should be able to rest most of the first team

That's about the easiest draw we could have hoped for.

Tottenham
Ludogorets
LASK
Royal Antwerp
Group D
Team P W D L GD Pts
1 LASK 6 4 1 1 7 13
2 Sporting 6 4 0 2 4 12
3 PSV Eindhoven 6 2 2 2 -3 8
4 Rosenborg 6 0 1 5 -8 1

Group H
Team P W D L GD Pts
1 Espanyol 6 3 2 1 8 11
2 Ludogorets 6 2 2 2 0 8
3 Ferencvárosi TC 6 1 4 1 -2 7
4 CSKA Moscow 6 1 2 3 -6 5

Last years groups. Not sure its that easy.

It will be interesting to see what happens if Chelsea have a Tuesday game on MD5 as one of us will have to compromise and play twice in 48 hrs (i.e. we play Thurs - Sat or they plan Sun - Tues). UEFA certainly wont plan their schedules around domestic situations.

Make it 8pm on Saturday night so both teams have a decent rest time :)

Win your home games, draw your away games and top the group. And if we slip up in one of the home games, then hopefully we'll win one of the away games.

If we cant get through that group by playing half our first 11 and half squad players in each game then we shouldnt think we have a chance of winning the EL

Group D
Team P W D L GD Pts
1 LASK 6 4 1 1 7 13
2 Sporting 6 4 0 2 4 12
4 Rosenborg 6 0 1 5 -8 1

Group H
Team P W D L GD Pts
1 Espanyol 6 3 2 1 8 11
2 Ludogorets 6 2 2 2 0 8

I will still be expecting our B team to play these 6 games: hart, aurier, davies, sanchez, tanganga, winks, gedson, dele, lucas, bergwijn, vinicius

Lamela not making it into the a or b team :eek: how can this be!

It will be interesting to see what happens if Chelsea have a Tuesday game on MD5 as one of us will have to compromise and play twice in 48 hrs (i.e. we play Thurs - Sat or they plan Sun - Tues). UEFA certainly wont plan their schedules around domestic situations.

i think we all know the answer to that one - 12.15 kick off on the Saturday for us.

Group D
Team P W D L GD Pts
1 LASK 6 4 1 1 7 13
2 Sporting 6 4 0 2 4 12
4 Rosenborg 6 0 1 5 -8 1

Group H
Team P W D L GD Pts
1 Espanyol 6 3 2 1 8 11
2 Ludogorets 6 2 2 2 0 8

With the greatest respect, we're much better than all the teams they finished above. Sporting didn't even qualify this year.

Don't forget we can name 12 subs, and play 5. In knockout rounds a 6th may be added if e.t. required.

Gives some slack.

What are the Covid rules for whatever, players ill, stadium tainted etc

Win our first 4 games then you can play the ressies for the last 2 games in December which is a crazy buy month

Tottenham’s Europa League fixtures

22 October: Tottenham vs LASK - 8pm BST

29 October: Royal Antwerp vs Tottenham - 5:55pm

5 November: Ludogorets vs Tottenham - 5:55pm

26 November: Tottenham vs Ludogorets - 8pm

3 December: LASK vs Tottenham - 5:55pm

10 December: Tottenham vs Royal Antwerp - 8pm

My iPhone automatically has Spurs Prem games on the calendar... I think I clicked some widget 4 years ago and it just seems to work... should it have the Europa League games on it already, or do I need to click something somewhere...?

i think we all know the answer to that one - 12.15 kick off on the Saturday for us.

Indeed. Remember about 10 years ago.

We played Sevilla away in Uefa Cup Quarter-final on the Thursday night and we had to play Chelsea away at 12.30pm on the Saturday morning. Nailed on it will happen to us again

I was at both games

It was quite 'tasty' over in Seville IIRC.

Remember watching the 2nd leg in a pub on holiday in Llandudno 4-1 down on agg after 7mins, then got 2 quick goals after the hour mark and we absolutely threw the kitchen sink at them in the last 10/15 minutes.
The locals did not know what to make of me and the missus that night, bit too vocal for the North Wales lot

I recall the ref gave them a penalty for nothing, perhaps a good save from Robinson? And robbed us. Whilst the police beat our fans. That is the kind of moment that made me want VAR. I do not want the handball rule though.

I recall the ref gave them a penalty for nothing, perhaps a good save from Robinson? And robbed us. Whilst the police beat our fans. That is the kind of moment that made me want VAR. I do not want the handball rule though.

Spot on.

We scored after 90 seconds and IIRC we looked in control, ref gave them a penalty even though Robinson clearly got the ball first, he was livid

Think it was Gomes? But yea clearly got the ball, it went in the opposite direction yet the blatantly corrupt ref gave a pen.

Dani Alves was awesome in the leg at WHL, the C!

Edit: actually think I’m mixing up with Inter away for the Gomes incident.

Back