• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham vs Maccabi Haifa OMT

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll take Jose's view on this, crazy game to try and do any kind of analysis on

- Haifa, give them credit, came to play, even if it was suicidal. Playing like that will always make the game seem harder, the issue is always would the better team exploit the space, we did, ruthlessly
- 3 games with two days in-between, rotation required.

Job done, you can't ask better than 7 goals scored, hattrick to your number 1 striker, brace for your CM, and good goals for two of your other AMs. Early in season and Kane, Son, Lucas, Lamela, Lo Celso, Dele all already scored.

- Kudos to Bergwijn and Lucas, what a fudging shift from those guys

The big takeaway from this last week or so for me is

-Looks like old Spurs .. the flatness/broken hangover seems to be gone, and you can see it in the numbers
- Kane's first hattrick in 2+ years for Spurs
- Davies and Kane have already passed their assist tally for last two seasons
- Moura scoring again (first goals since December or January)

Missed most of the match, just caught the highlights. Great perfromance and all that but those handballs FFS. They have to change that rule.

I'm voting Bergwijn for MoM! He always tried to do something progressive with the ball, and also with his runs. Deserved a goal, but unfortunately that didn't happen. Good assist for Lucas, and magnificent piece of work laying it on a plate for Harry for the 6th goal. Very good performance!

He gets my vote as well, i hope we see a lot more of him this season. We won at a canter but we have to try and stop team from shooting from distance, they had far too many chances to do that and better teams will make us suffer for it.

There will be some tired players on Sunday given the pace of both games we played this week, it was pleasing to see all the players involved took the opportunity to impress, in the last couple of years our rotation teams have looked disjointed and lacking in drive. It was a pleasure to see a team come here to play rather than the standard 10 men behind the ball tactic.

It is great to get a big win in Europe. Credit to Kane for the hattrick, Lo Celso for 2 goals, Moura and Alli being the other goal scorers. I think Moura's goal was the turning point as it came just after they made it 1-1. We would have been under pressure if we had not scored then. So, with this win we progress to the Europa League group stage. Let's hope we will get more wins like this in Europe this season.

Quick, sharp, crisp non-nonsense forward passing in this game. Great goals (though also lots of unwanted chances for them, but we had played lots of games in ridiculously short spaces of time).

Were we putting United on notice with this display??

Back