• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham v Shkendija

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Ndombele situation is very frustrating. He is obviously very talented. But he looks a few seasons short of match-fitness rather than just a few games.

We look in total control. I'll switch to my local team, who are up against Milan at the San Siro. Funnily, both teams play in the same colors as in this game.

Carroll could at least find the occasional pass, had a bit of offensive flair. Something winks hasn't shown for well over a year.
I still remember those displays against Madrid and Barca in the Champions League. He was incredible - it's almost like he's exactly as good as the opposition. Shame we play Fulham, West Ham and Aston Villa more than Barca and Real.

mmm, what started like it was going to be a walk in the park, has turned into a bit of an amble. Some mistimed passing means we are not in clear waters yet.

An early goal after the break would be nice to avoid some late nerves.

With the lack of fake crowd noise it's good to hear how vocal Joe Hart is

Erik Lamela ... my favourite Spurs player !

bloody distant relative called at k.o. while I also had a pineapple & coconut lolly on the go - kept rabbiting until almost half time, also entailed trips to the kitchen to check for items she needs. Sorry Erik

The Ndombele situation is very frustrating. He is obviously very talented. But he looks a few seasons short of match-fitness rather than just a few games.

He is uber talented but my fear is like on thread there are just going to be a long string of excuses for him rather than fond memories after two seasons

As long as we avoid conceding from a set piece or conceding a pen and having a player sent off i think we might grind out a 1-0 here.
I'm sure Mourinho is pondering on how early he can get away with taking off any even slightly forward looking player and replacing them with defenders.

Maccabi Haifa for the winners of this.

They have a lot of cases in Israel, don't they? Hope that game's at home and we can ensure proper testing for Maccabi beforehand.

Mildly interesting game. Sanchez looks a bit nervous with the ball at his feet sometimes - incredible that said aspect of his game hasn't improved in three years here.

Alli, Lamela, Bergwijn and Son do tend to get in each other's way sometimes - make the same runs a lot, into the same spaces, and it's often pointless and counterproductive.

There was an amusing bit at the end of the half when Ndombele had the ball and Winks pointed back to Toby 5m away - but the former instead looked up and sprayed a beautiful, raking ball that took out three of their players and reached Lamela (I think) on the far side. Kind of sums up the difference in passing ability between the two. :p

Nothing else of note. We're 1-0 up against a dogged, if somewhat laboured, side. Good. Keep it that way in the second half - don't get complacent, don't switch off.

They were there for the taking in the first 20 minutes.
Slowly our tempo has gone down as their belief has gone up.

At some point Hart will be forced into trying to save a football, and we all know what happens then.

mmm, what started like it was going to be a walk in the park, has turned into a bit of an amble. Some mistimed passing means we are not in clear waters yet.

An early goal after the break would be nice to avoid some late nerves.

With the lack of fake crowd noise it's good to hear how vocal Joe Hart is

It really is. I wonder how useful it is, thinking about how this is surely out of the ordinary for his teammates in terms of having him behind them and also there being no crowd noise to drown him out

Back