• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

It is a bit more complicated than that from what I have read. Trump cannot pardon state crimes, and he's on the hook himself for a bunch of those, nor can he pardon anyone implicated in a crime he is a party to (which is all of them). Trump quitting and having Pence blanket pardon him would also be legally challenged. I have no doubt if he looses he'll try some shenanigans and will appeal it up to the supreme court. That's why the future makeup of the supreme court, soon to be 6-3 in his favour, seems like his best way out. However, if the Dems win the senate even that escape route will quickly be closed. I could see this dragging through the courts for years.

Honestly, I predict a riot in November. A big one.
Will the fact that McConnell has helped Trump install over 200 right wing judges into the Federal judiciary over the past 3 years be a factor, or would the crimes that Trump is accused of be heard in different courts?

Will the fact that McConnell has helped Trump install over 200 right wing judges into the Federal judiciary over the past 3 years be a factor, or would the crimes that Trump is accused of be heard in different courts?

There is a rather complicated answer to this. The short one is yes, those judges will help him (and have been helping him), when his cases have landed in their courts. Mostly stall tactics really.

Largely these appointments have been recommended by the federalist society and quickly installed by McConnell (almost the only thing he does quickly). All are right-wing ideologues and a fair portion unqualified to sit on the bench. Some of these can be removed by a new administration if they have had any missteps in their application along the way. And many have. Other courts can be packed to minimize their influence. Overall this sounds bad but the judiciary has been a bit of a bulwark to the worst impulses of the Trump's policies and policy rollbacks. Trump's failures in court far outweigh his successes, though 4 more years will give them plenty more opportunities.

On a personal level for Trump it is Barr that is holding back the deluge of cases against him. He is Trump's personal defense lawyer in all but name and should have been impeached long ago. The Dems need to wake up to the fact that previous norms and rules stopped applying years ago and get down in the mud with repubs. With RBG's death and yet another right-wing supreme court judge about to be appointed, I think a few of the ents have finally woken up to realise that when justice is doled out by polical hacks the safe space they currently inhabit is no longer that safe.

Last edited:
The next few months will be a massive test for the US democracy.
I think this latest move is just another attempt to dominate the headlines and get liberal social media in a tizzy. If the libs are in a panic his base loves it but it won't amount to a whole lot. The polls have him scared brickless.

I think this latest move is just another attempt to dominate the headlines and get liberal social media in a tizzy. If the libs are in a panic his base loves it but it won't amount to a whole lot. The polls have him scared brickless.

Fair point and I hope you're right. He's not accustomed to not getting his way though, and with a history of doing whatever it takes to come out on the winning side - that’s what's worrying me. Over the course of his presidency he's sunk lower than any liberal at least thought possible. The question is what he's capable of when cornered?

Fair point and I hope you're right. He's not accustomed to not getting his way though, and with a history of doing whatever it takes to come out on the winning side - that’s what's worrying me. Over the course of his presidency he's sunk lower than any liberal at least thought possible. The question is what he's capable of when cornered?
It certainly was an amazing thing for a US president to say, less so with this guy maybe, but some of the legal eagles on twitter have been pointing out the gaping holes in this plan. That's not the say he won't try something absolutely mental but serious legal commentators are dismissing this as a distraction. I hope they are right.

Edit: Then again other serious heads are saying the opposite. Hmm.

Last edited:
Back