• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Only been 395k cases in total in UK. That can't be right
So 0.0005% of the population for a disease that, in the young and healthy, has a virtually 0 death rate.

Much less scary in those terms, but shhhhh, don't tell the panic mongers - they'll have nothing to fret about.

8 months in and I still don’t understand how you protect the elderly and the vulnerable in an open society in which these people live in multi-generational houses and/or with non-vulnerable people.
Stop living in multi-generational houses?

So 0.0005% of the population for a disease that, in the young and healthy, has a virtually 0 death rate.

Much less scary in those terms, but shhhhh, don't tell the panic mongers - they'll have nothing to fret about.

its the long term effects that concern, I’m young, well, I’m not “old”, but I have a heart condition, myocarditis could really fudge me up

the effects can be debilitating for months after infection, this is bad brick that we need to get on top of

50 people? That's odd, because the reports that were coming here were of hundreds of people protesting...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-54040278

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-54139669

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-h...-australias-coronavirus-hotspot-idUKKBN26405A

Can you elaborate on how that lady deserved to be arrested and how she was a dumbass and out of her depth? Curious..

Interesting what you say about about the police and crime in general; i guess that'd mean there'd be far more resources able to be deployed to enforce China-style lockdowns where necessary...

Actual protesters around 50, partners, bemused passers by and general people not getting too close to the action (because of fear of catching covid ironically) brings the number up to a couple of hundred. Melbourne is a city of 5m people. Hence my thought that those protests were largely insignificant.

That bogan woman (bogan is an Australian term for chav) was giving it all mouth about her human rights being restricted because she couldn’t go to McDonalds with her friends for lunch, so she decided to organise a protest using Facebook. An illegal protest given the current laws and ongoing pandemic. When confronted about breaking the law she became abusive, then repentant, then sobbed. Maybe she should have thought about her actions before organising an illegal protest when the rest of us are respecting the law and trying to overcome restrictions as quickly as possible. As for her being pregnant, if you stopped the world every time a bogan got pregnant there really wouldn’t much you could do to the woman from the age of 16 to 30. She should use birth control.

Actual protesters around 50, partners, bemused passers by and general people not getting too close to the action (because of fear of catching covid ironically) brings the number up to a couple of hundred. Melbourne is a city of 5m people. Hence my thought that those protests were largely insignificant.

That bogan woman (bogan is an Australian term for chav) was giving it all mouth about her human rights being restricted because she couldn’t go to McDonalds with her friends for lunch, so she decided to organise a protest using Facebook. An illegal protest given the current laws and ongoing pandemic. When confronted about breaking the law she became abusive, then repentant, then sobbed. Maybe she should have thought about her actions before organising an illegal protest when the rest of us are respecting the law and trying to overcome restrictions as quickly as possible. As for her being pregnant, if you stopped the world every time a bogan got pregnant there really wouldn’t much you could do to the woman from the age of 16 to 30. She should use birth control.

These clams aren't even Covidiots, they are the 'Sovereign Citizen' nut jobs using lock down as a device to publicize their wack job ideas.

So Vallance it turns out has shares in a Vaccine company?

No wonder they are pushing for the Vaccine being the only answer

He needs to go if its true, its a massive conflict of interest

He’s nowhere near procurement operations, and calling GSK a vaccine company is like calling Tesco a cheese shop. GSK is impacted by pretty much every healthcare decision; it’s a behemoth. Which is why Whitty offloaded his shares when he took the job, but he couldn’t very well offload ones that were deferred.

gonad*s story. Actually, pretty much every story which hints snidely at corrupt procurement or flagrant conflicts of interest is gonad*s, at least as far as Whitehall goes - local authorities are shonkier sometimes. Procurement tends to be inept or unimaginative rather than self-serving. Commercial lobbying, jobs for the boys and revolving doors are much more nuanced issues.

He’s nowhere near procurement operations, and calling GSK a vaccine company is like calling Tesco a cheese shop. GSK is impacted by pretty much every healthcare decision; it’s a behemoth. Which is why Whitty offloaded his shares when he took the job, but he couldn’t very well offload ones that were deferred.

gonad*s story. Actually, pretty much every story which hints snidely at corrupt procurement or flagrant conflicts of interest is gonad*s, at least as far as Whitehall goes - local authorities are shonkier sometimes. Procurement tends to be inept or unimaginative rather than self-serving. Commercial lobbying, jobs for the boys and revolving doors are much more nuanced issues.
Also, is there anyone with a share portfolio that doesn't have an interest in GSK?

My dad is in a high risk category (diabetes, kidney transplant, general health issues.) Staying at home for 6 months to ensure people like him can stay alive? Seems a pretty fair deal.
Such personal issues are, obviously, of huge importance to you.

Please don't take it personally when I say they're irrelevant to public health decisions.

its the long term effects that concern, I’m young, well, I’m not “old”, but I have a heart condition, myocarditis could really fudge me up

the effects can be debilitating for months after infection, this is bad brick that we need to get on top of
You should have the right to isolate if you feel it's needed.

Just as the rest of us should have the right to our freedom.

Back