• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Some good news on the employment/job creation front though:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/asda-recruits-1000-new-marshals-22728649

Asda recruits 1,000 new marshals to police stores for coronavirus rule breakers
Asda has said it's bringing in 1,000 new 'safety marshals' to police its entrances and aisles as it steps up its campaign to make supermarkets as safe as possible for customers and staff

To help shoppers and staff stay safe in store, Asda has said it's creating 1,000 new marshal roles.

Positioned at the entrances of shops and in the aisles of larger branches, their job will be to provide "an enhanced level of protection", the supermarket said.

Marshals will help customers with safety questions, as well as telling them to wear a face coverings and maintain social distancing while they shop.

People without masks will be offered disposable face coverings on the way in they can pay for with the rest of their shopping on the way out.

Marshals at store entrances will also provide sanitised baskets and trolleys to customers as they enter.

Asda chief operating officer Anthony Hemmerdinger said: “We know that safety remains a key priority for our customers and we will continue to do all we can to keep them and our colleagues safe in store, as we have since the start of the pandemic.

"These additional measures will make our stores an even safer place to shop and work during the coming months.”

As well as the new marshals, Asda said that over the coming weeks it will be introducing more hand sanitisation stations in busy sections of all stores and applying a protective coating to all basket and trolley handles.

The coating is designed to prevent the spread of bacteria and viruses - and its already used in the NHS Nightingale Excel hospital.

Asda added that all store staff in England, Wales and Scotland will now wear a covering while at work unless they have a medical exemption.

The new measures are on top of existing safety precautions in store including Perspex screens at checkouts, social distancing signs and regular deep cleaning regimes.

It’s almost like the two countries met and said “ok, we’ll do full lockdown, you do nothing and lets see what happens.”

957-F73-FB-D8-C6-4-DC2-A825-F160-A9330-EAB.jpg

We know that deaths lag cases, so presumably this will keep going up.

957-F73-FB-D8-C6-4-DC2-A825-F160-A9330-EAB.jpg
Do like a good graph!

That's funny because i was sure i saw details of protests against the lockdown measures and also of a pregnant woman being arrested in her home by the police because they had seen that she had organised one for the following weekend....

Those protests were less than 50 people. That woman deserved to be arrested, she was a dumbass who quickly got out her depth. Generally speaking, crime here is minor compared to the UK. Police have little to do normally other than issue fines for using mobile phones while driving.

Those protests were less than 50 people. That woman deserved to be arrested, she was a dumbass who quickly got out her depth. Generally speaking, crime here is minor compared to the UK. Police have little to do normally other than issue fines for using mobile phones while driving.

50 people? That's odd, because the reports that were coming here were of hundreds of people protesting...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-54040278

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-54139669

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-h...-australias-coronavirus-hotspot-idUKKBN26405A

Can you elaborate on how that lady deserved to be arrested and how she was a dumbass and out of her depth? Curious..

Interesting what you say about about the police and crime in general; i guess that'd mean there'd be far more resources able to be deployed to enforce China-style lockdowns where necessary...

Its got nothing to do with the weather. Its got everything to do with people’s willingness to recognize, believe in and most importantly follow scientific advice. Australians are far more willing to do as they're told compared to English or Americans. Hence why our dystopian lockdown has worked after a long few months. Covid is as contagious in Australia as it is in Delhi or Denver, its the same virus.

This absolutely.

Boris said that yesterday and was ripped a new one but I agree. Germans will more likely do what they are told than us, its a fact of life

It's not about doing what you are told, it's about being sensible, trusting science and not following the lead of the MSM. This is what he saying and no it has nothing to do with that crap that Boris said. Too many people in Britain still believe what they read in The Sun.

It's not about doing what you are told, it's about being sensible, trusting science and not following the lead of the MSM. This is what he saying and no it has nothing to do with that crap that Boris said. Too many people in Britain still believe what they read in The Sun.

Fair comment

For me I think inside we know the right things to do now, its if we choose to do it or not that is the issue.

I have championed a return to work because I am confident I am many others could do so in a sensible way which would be as safe if not safer than going for a pint and buying a pint of milk in the same day. The issue is I fear many others will knowingly flout the rules doing something social, not even worthwhile and spoil it for people wanting to live and save their lives.

And thats the issue for me, people knowingly breaking the rules to have a day on the beach or go for a rave rather than doing something even worthwhile like paying your bills.

Fair comment

For me I think inside we know the right things to do now, its if we choose to do it or not that is the issue.

I have championed a return to work because I am confident I am many others could do so in a sensible way which would be as safe if not safer than going for a pint and buying a pint of milk in the same day. The issue is I fear many others will knowingly flout the rules doing something social, not even worthwhile and spoil it for people wanting to live and save their lives.

And thats the issue for me, people knowingly breaking the rules to have a day on the beach or go for a rave rather than doing something even worthwhile like paying your bills.

Without an effective track and trace system none of it means diddly squat.

Without an effective track and trace system none of it means diddly squat.

F you can go to the pub companies can instigate an effective safe return to work

I'm not gonna keep going over old ground but if people want to wait for a vaccine or a track and trace and see the country fall into an abyss of no return that's idiotic in my opinion.

How long till they change tack and say no more households mixing, so obviously it will be policy within a few weeks. I don't mind wrong decisions being made so much - I just can't abide indecisiveness and poor communication which is what we get all the time at the moment. Pretty obvious these measures won't really have much effect, yes people could follow the guidelines a bit more but ultimately people are tired of dithering around and things like testing etc still not working properly.

Back