• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

What happens after 3 weeks? Has the virus disappeared?

everyone gets tested

if anyone had it symptoms would have shown or they would have a positive test right, in that time there is zero chance of passing it or receiving it

COVID needs hosts, starve it

At the end of the day no one on here can magic up a plan to beat a crisis.

All I know is I would prefer an alternative to what we have and sleepwalking to certain doom

At the end of the day no one on here can magic up a plan to beat a crisis.

All I know is I would prefer an alternative to what we have and sleepwalking to certain doom

thats true, but a government and a civil service should be able to come up with better than we’ve seen so far

anyway, I’m gonna give the dog a quick 20 min walk then go to the pub for a couple of pints before they call last orders

I reckon this thread is a good summation of your issues. You've got a complete fudging macaron leading your country and so no one can agree on a sensible means to tackle the problem. Closing pubs at 10 pm to get through a pandemic is laughable. Why the fudge are they open to start with?

Boris said:
"We will not listen to those who say let the virus rip, nor to those who urge a permanent lockdown"

So basically, we won't do enough to keep the economy going, and we won't do enough to get infections to a manageable rate. The UK isn't coming back from this for a while.

No Tasmania is much colder and they have had a much lower infection rate than Melbourne.

Its got nothing to do with the weather. Its got everything to do with people’s willingness to recognize, believe in and most importantly follow scientific advice. Australians are far more willing to do as they're told compared to English or Americans. Hence why our dystopian lockdown has worked after a long few months. Covid is as contagious in Australia as it is in Delhi or Denver, its the same virus.

It’s almost like the two countries met and said “ok, we’ll do full lockdown, you do nothing and lets see what happens.”

957-F73-FB-D8-C6-4-DC2-A825-F160-A9330-EAB.jpg

We know that deaths lag cases, so presumably this will keep going up.

It’s almost like the two countries met and said “ok, we’ll do full lockdown, you do nothing and lets see what happens.”

We know that deaths lag cases, so presumably this will keep going up.

Interesting....Any chance you could put Sweden and Germany on the same grpah?

We just had a message from work saying you can only go in the office again now if it's business critical or mental health reasons

I was quite enjoying going back 2-3 times a week

Its got nothing to do with the weather. Its got everything to do with people’s willingness to recognize, believe in and most importantly follow scientific advice. Australians are far more willing to do as they're told compared to English or Americans. Hence why our dystopian lockdown has worked after a long few months. Covid is as contagious in Australia as it is in Delhi or Denver, its the same virus.

That's funny because i was sure i saw details of protests against the lockdown measures and also of a pregnant woman being arrested in her home by the police because they had seen that she had organised one for the following weekend....

We just had a message from work saying you can only go in the office again now if it's business critical or mental health reasons

I was quite enjoying going back 2-3 times a week

How do they define 'mental health reasons' btw?

"I'm sick of looking at these same four walls"?
"My missus and kids are driving me up the wall"?
"I can't have a cheeky pint at lunchtime at home"?

Back