• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Golf Thread

Managed to get a couple of bargain wedges on ebay in the last few days

I love Titleist Vokey wedges, SM8's are the latest model and around £140 each new

I got a brand new 48 and 60 degree SM7's in the grinds I wanted, one was £75 and one was £84 delivered both from online Golf Pro Shops

SM7's are still £99 new online

Defo a good place to get some bargains if you're patient

Bought a new set of 52 and 60 SM7 at last years Black Friday in my local pro shop, paid £100 for the pair :D

Memberships in the UK are expensive! At my club it's about £550 (£1000 for a family membership), but we only get to play from April through October. If you live more than 50km away from the course, membership is £300.

What do people reckon about De Chambeau? I welcome a change but I think the media have made it out like he's some kind of monster - he's not really driving it any further than people like DJ, McIlroy, Finau etc yet they don't get criticised for hitting long. I like someone coming in with a new approach, even then he still has to have good approach play and putting on what were tough greens. Just sour grapes really.

Only thing I don't like is he must be the slowest players I've ever seen - all his calculations make a round take twice as long.

What do people reckon about De Chambeau? I welcome a change but I think the media have made it out like he's some kind of monster - he's not really driving it any further than people like DJ, McIlroy, Finau etc yet they don't get criticised for hitting long. I like someone coming in with a new approach, even then he still has to have good approach play and putting on what were tough greens. Just sour grapes really.

Only thing I don't like is he must be the slowest players I've ever seen - all his calculations make a round take twice as long.
Very punchable face, don't care for his swing either, so mechanical, nothing sexy about it. I'm all about sexy golf. Him and Webb Simpsons score zero on my sexy scale.

Can't argue with his results though, and tbf he's gotten quicker round the course as well.

Was hurtful watching Hovland play his final three holes 5 over par [emoji30]

Sent fra min IN2013 via Tapatalk

Tough one. You are right he does not hit it much further than the guys you mentioned.

Think they get on his case as he’s completely changed his physique and swing speed in order to bludgeon courses to death.

His swing is not very nice like a baseball swing and he’s clubs are so upright because of it.

He’s not that slow , not as bad as some like Cantaly.

Personally I like to watch the players who have a nice swing. So do the commentators. I think they also worry that the games changing from an accuracy stand point to be all out power.

Saying that the guys short game is pretty good and he can certainly putt.

Dechambeau did brilliantly in his approach play and putting, he's a really clever guy and gave himself so few problems. And that is the key to golf, don't give yourself problems. Don't try to be a hero.

I thought he would come a cropper eventually with all those drives into the rough, but he kept making easy work of it and popping it onto the green.

I think his swing is great; I absolutely hate Wolff's swing

Great golfer, total prick of a man though, shocking attitude

On Sky Golf now
Live from Tiger’s new course in the Ozarks
Woods/Thomas v Rose/Rory
The course is incredible, its a good watch
Rose has gone so off form he is hitting it all over the shop

On Sky Golf now
Live from Tiger’s new course in the Ozarks
Woods/Thomas v Rose/Rory
The course is incredible, its a good watch
Rose has gone so off form he is hitting it all over the shop

Been a few of these types of matches on lately. Good to see the relaxed non tournament golf. Like a mates playing on a Saturday. Also hearing them talk on the course.

Course looks incredible.

Tough one. You are right he does not hit it much further than the guys you mentioned.

Think they get on his case as he’s completely changed his physique and swing speed in order to bludgeon courses to death.

His swing is not very nice like a baseball swing and he’s clubs are so upright because of it.

He’s not that slow , not as bad as some like Cantaly.

Personally I like to watch the players who have a nice swing. So do the commentators. I think they also worry that the games changing from an accuracy stand point to be all out power.

Saying that the guys short game is pretty good and he can certainly putt.

But apparently he hasn't really increased his swing speed, he always had it but built the physicue up so he wouldn't injured himself using it. Harrington gives some good details of it in the Off the ball show (
) around 58 minutes.

He was also winning tournaments a few years back prior to all this well - he's no flash in the pan.

I also like watching a nice swing (Oostheizen has a dream of a swing) but I find it refreshing to see some innovation in a game that hasn't changed dramatically over the years. I mean things like going to the driving range at night to see how the ball moved when it got cooler for the next day for instance is just smart golf.

The game has been about power for ages now, I remember when Woods won his first masters everyone fretting that he'd hit it to another level and they'd have to make all the courses longer. Distance is just one element in a round, you can still approach well from further out on the fairway and in some courses with more forgiving greens that will work better. The US Open is so tough anyway that even when you hit the fairway they're rock solid and you usually roll off so why not get the yardage knowing you'll likely be in the rough anyway.

Woods in his prime was in incredible irons player.

He’s a marmite type player. Not knocking it at all. He’s got plenty of qualities to his game.Bryson that is. Also his attitude can be a bit naff.

Woods in his prime was in incredible irons player.

He’s a marmite type player. Not knocking it at all. He’s got plenty of qualities to his game.Bryson that is. Also his attitude can be a bit naff.

Post sums up both perfectly

Off on a golf weekend with 7 of my pals today

Shame about the wet weather forecast for today
I've packed plenty of spare towels and managed to get a buggy too so at least I won't have to walk in the rain

We got 2 rounds here - https://www.theessexgolfandcountryclub.com/golf/

With Dinner tonight, an overnight stay, full use of all the Spa facilities and breakfast tomorrow morning for £89

So many cheap deals about at the moment

I've set up a Ryder Cup style competition and did a live draw on Friday night

Got a cool bag full of beers to crack through today too

Off on a golf weekend with 7 of my pals today

Shame about the wet weather forecast for today
I've packed plenty of spare towels and managed to get a buggy too so at least I won't have to walk in the rain

We got 2 rounds here - https://www.theessexgolfandcountryclub.com/golf/

With Dinner tonight, an overnight stay, full use of all the Spa facilities and breakfast tomorrow morning for £89

So many cheap deals about at the moment

I've set up a Ryder Cup style competition and did a live draw on Friday night

Got a cool bag full of beers to crack through today too

Me and my mates used to go on those golf weekend deals. Such a laugh and the spa sessions are always a treat. Good way to explore the country, we even did one in northern france, Hardelot i think the course was. Beautiful course.

This is the first year all my pals have got into golf, until this summer only 4 of the 8 were into playing
It's great as it now means I can go away with all of my closest mates rather than half of us all the time

We will do a couple a year from next year, they are practically giving the weekends away

This is the first year all my pals have got into golf, until this summer only 4 of the 8 were into playing
It's great as it now means I can go away with all of my closest mates rather than half of us all the time

We will do a couple a year from next year, they are practically giving the weekends away

I knew a guy years back who was on a tighter budget then you. Used to do those £10 sun holiday deals in different parts of the country just so he could try different courses.

Was a real nice guy and it struck me as a nice way to see the country.

I'm brick at golf, like watching it though.

Back