• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

CANCELLED ***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Leyton Orient***

The game gets awared to the team which doesn't have the virus.

Personally I'd just pull out of the competition and potentially the FA Cup too, unless the EFL sort their brick out with regards to testing and putting some proper guidelines in place.

Too risky.

Scary part is apparently we arranged and paid for their testing (as it's not a requirement)

Scary part is apparently we arranged and paid for their testing (as it's not a requirement)

Would you have preferred it if we hadnt a bunch of our players caught covid?!?

I'd like to see PL teams support league 2 teams and cover their testing this season - just helping the footballing community

The fa cup died with the creation of the PL.

Both the league cup and what is really now the english cup aka the fa cup, should be ended along with the equivalent in Scotland, Wales and northern ireland.

All of these should be replaced with one large British Cup.

This is how you restore the glory that the fa cup once held which extinguished in 1992. The last winners of the fa cup were really liverpool in that same year. All winners since just won the English Cup.

The answer is simple

- CL Spots got to PL winner, FA Cup winner and League Cup winner, same fudging thing for Spain (Copa del Ray, etc.), so effectively CL becomes Cup winners cup, not also fudging rans.
- Europa can be "top tier" league performers brick (i.e. top 4 that didn't win a pot)

You would see no one giving a fudge about top 4, and everyone trying to win a trophy.

Would you have preferred it if we hadnt a bunch of our players caught covid?!?

I'd like to see PL teams support league 2 teams and cover their testing this season - just helping the footballing community

The fudging FA who is making us play in a competition that doesn't have testing criteria should cover it ..

Us doing it makes sense, it doesn't make it any less criminally negligent from the FA

The fudging FA who is making us play in a competition that doesn't have testing criteria should cover it ..

Us doing it makes sense, it doesn't make it any less criminally negligent from the FA

I'm not sure there's any 'criminal' negligence - what crime do you believe the FA has committed?

The good thing is that these infections got identified

The problem with that is the authorities potentially seeing it as being interpreted as an inducement for Orient to declare they can’t field a team (depending on exactly what it is we are willing to cover).
I recall in the FAC a couple of years back Woolwich were willing to give up their gate receipts for the game at Sutton (I think it was Sutton, the one with the pie-eating goalie). It wasn’t allowed because it might have been seen as some kind of inducement.
Obviously this is very different circumstances and it seems very reasonable, but there’s a clear advantage to us In that approach so I can see that some caution might be needed.

The problem with that is the authorities potentially seeing it as being interpreted as an inducement for Orient to declare they can’t field a team (depending on exactly what it is we are willing to cover).
I recall in the FAC a couple of years back Woolwich were willing to give up their gate receipts for the game at Sutton (I think it was Sutton, the one with the pie-eating goalie). It wasn’t allowed because it might have been seen as some kind of inducement.
Obviously this is very different circumstances and it seems very reasonable, but there’s a clear advantage to us In that approach so I can see that some caution might be needed.

I think you can argue it both ways:
- game goes ahead and we play against a weakened team
- game is cancelled then we dont have chelsea next week 2 days after a PL game and 2 days before EL play-off

Either way, kick-off is in 3.5 hours! Whatever 11 we're putting out will be boarding the coach soon! I assume the decision has been taken, but not announced for some reason. Surprised it hasnt leaked out as yet

I think you can argue it both ways:
- game goes ahead and we play against a weakened team
- game is cancelled then we dont have chelsea next week 2 days after a PL game and 2 days before EL play-off

Either way, kick-off is in 3.5 hours! Whatever 11 we're putting out will be boarding the coach soon! I assume the decision has been taken, but not announced for some reason. Surprised it hasnt leaked out as yet

it’s certainly a scenario that should have been foreseen and planned for.

The answer is simple

- CL Spots got to PL winner, FA Cup winner and League Cup winner, same fudging thing for Spain (Copa del Ray, etc.), so effectively CL becomes Cup winners cup, not also fudging rans.
- Europa can be "top tier" league performers brick (i.e. top 4 that didn't win a pot)

You would see no one giving a fudge about top 4, and everyone trying to win a trophy.

is it not different bodies though, UEFA don't give CL spots to the FA, they give them to the PL?

If we hadn’t drawn chelsea in the next round who test, I would say the club should say fudge it and forfeit.

not worth the hassle

I'm not sure there's any 'criminal' negligence - what crime do you believe the FA has committed?

The good thing is that these infections got identified

The FA has no requirement to have the teams tested, hence the PL teams have taken it on themselves to pay for and provide testing to minimize the risk for their staff.

How in the current climate and government guidelines that is even an acceptable stance is beyond me.

Back