• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

CANCELLED ***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Leyton Orient***

I’d imagine this would have been called of and spurs awarded the tie if this wasn’t on Sky. Also possible in negotiations with Chelsea to if they would be happy player an extra game during A Champions league week or playing 4th round during international break.

Happy? Tough **** - we're playing 2 games per midweek!

The Guardian understands that Mansfield plan to lodge a formal complaint with the EFL, arguing that Orient players should have been tested before Saturday’s match given their manager, Ross Embleton, revealed there were a “number of people suffering with illnesses” in his pre-match press conference.

At the time Embleton stressed it was “not a Covid issue for any of us to worry about” and after the game he revealed that as many as “nine players” were struggling to play because of a “bug”. Orient’s doctor and head physio conducted regular medical checks and are understood to have felt comfortable the symptoms reported by players were unrelated to Covid-19 until last Friday, when it became apparent a couple of players were suffering from symptoms linked to the virus. As a precaution those players were not involved against Mansfield; they are thought to be among the positive tests.

What happens in future rounds if one team has a virus outbreak? What if it happens in the final?

The game gets awared to the team which doesn't have the virus.

Personally I'd just pull out of the competition and potentially the FA Cup too, unless the EFL sort their brick out with regards to testing and putting some proper guidelines in place.

Too risky.

The game gets awared to the team which doesn't have the virus.

Personally I'd just pull out of the competition and potentially the FA Cup too, unless the EFL sort their brick out with regards to testing and putting some proper guidelines in place.

Too risky.

The fa cup died with the creation of the PL.

Both the league cup and what is really now the english cup aka the fa cup, should be ended along with the equivalent in Scotland, Wales and northern ireland.

All of these should be replaced with one large British Cup.

This is how you restore the glory that the fa cup once held which extinguished in 1992. The last winners of the fa cup were really liverpool in that same year. All winners since just won the English Cup.

Both the league cup and what is really now the english cup aka the fa cup, should be ended along with the equivalent in Scotland, Wales and northern ireland.

This is how you restore the glory that the fa cup once held which extinguished in 1992. The last winners of the fa cup were really liverpool in that same year. All winners since just won the English Cup.

I don't think it was the PL, I think it was the expansion of the CL and the places being given to the top 3/4.

I don't think a British Cup would work either, surely that wouldn't be allowed to feed into continental competition.

I'd just merge them, a single English Cup, but run it earlier in the season so it doesn't clash with the latter stages of the European Cup and league run in.

No I think by decree the fa cup should be declared ceased as of 01/06/92 and all winners since 1993 are declared winners of the english cup.

These clubs should have their fa cup replica trophies physically taken and given some kind of large token medal in its place - no point in giving a new trophy as the english cup itself which ran from 1993 to present day, should in itself be closed asap and replaced with the new British Cup.

No I think by decree the fa cup should be declared ceased as of 01/06/92 and all winners since 1993 are declared winners of the english cup.

These clubs should have their fa cup replica trophies physically taken and given some kind of large token medal in its place - no point in giving a new trophy as the english cup itself which ran from 1993 to present day, should in itself be closed asap and replaced with the new British Cup.

I'd go back to 91 if we are going to do that

melt them both down and make that the new trophy, one that looks like the elephants foot from reactor 4, a good analogy for the value of domestic cups

Nothing official yet. Orient maybe waiting for some official instruction so they can claim on their insurance

"Should their tie be cancelled"!?????

So this match is still officially on? Surely not

It clearly cant be going ahead as planned given their ground is closed. Reasons for non-conformation about it yet could be:

- aiming to switch it to our place, assuming they can field a team. Perhaps waiting to see whether TV companies can get things set up their in time?
- some sort of disagreement between us, them, FA etc over the cancellation and what the penalties are, or at least details being worked through (friendly to replace it in the summer, us cover their costs etc)? Perhaps also working through what implications with Sky are?
- all parties wanting to announce a revised date, but given all the various knock-on consequences, its taking some time. I'd have thought they'd simply announce asap that its off though and 'arrangements to be announced in due course'

I’m old school, but I still love the FA cup, and the league cup to a lesser extent. Realistically they are the two trophies we are most likely to win. I don’t get why people complain about the fixtures (in normal times, I totally get why people are concerned about fixture pile ups due to COVID). If you don’t want to participate or progress in the Competition then field a weakened side like Liverpool did in the FA cup last season. That’s what squads are for. I wonder if Klopp regrets doing that now? They only won the league in the end, granted it was the one trophy they have craved for 30 years but they should be playing to win every competition like Pep and city do. I’d want us to do the same if we had a similar calibre squad.

Back