• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

The media narrative would be fudging hilarious if it wasn't so horribly biased.

- As others have said, how the fudge is getting Bale for zero cost plus effectively the same salary we pay Kane can be a bad move?
- Will Bale get along with Jose? the fudging guy has had to deal with Zidane bricking on him for 3 years, you think Jose will be an issue?
- fudging headlines of "Bale is a huge risk" for fudging who? if it works it will be one of the best transfers ever, if it doesn't, he goes back in a year

To me, Bale being a success will be as simple as how many games we get out of him, anything above 25-30 games = win

What I'm hoping for is he now is the superstar in the team (and he works/trains hard), it might be a little kick in the ass for some of the "un-droppables" in the team

If you want to cause yourself a bit of needless anger, or amusement at those less able, have a read of Stan Collymore's hot take in the Mirror.

As with all mirrors, it shows the opposite of the way things are. (I've often reflected that it's a great name for that particular rag)

That's actually a fun read (rant) by Collymore. Some of his points are as hilarious as they are wrong. He seems to have the inside track on how much we are paying Bale lol. Apart from anything else Bale should have gone from earning 650k a week voluntarily to a club and be paid 100k just to play football.

Comedy gold.

- fudging headlines of "Bale is a huge risk" for fudging who?

Also the moment if / when he scores a few worldies they will just pretend they never doubted him :)

In a way it will make it sweeter when we inevitably turn things around, but just sad that there's no actual journalism to read.

That's actually a fun read (rant) by Collymore. Some of his points are as hilarious as they are wrong. He seems to have the inside track on how much we are paying Bale lol. Apart from anything else Bale should have gone from earning 650k a week voluntarily to a club and be paid 100k just to play football.

Comedy gold.

Stan Collymore should take a long hard look at what he himself did as a footballer, and as a "journalist" (in it's broadest possible terms here) and donate every fudging dime he ever made to a charity, because that article was a travesty.
I don't usually hold regular readers of The Mirror particularly high in esteem, but brick like this could really rot their brains and do permanent damage, and not even they deserve that...

Comedy gold.

Didn't he say we are paying him 500k a week or am I misremembering? According to The Athletic, Levy's opening offer was £150k (25%) and he eventually went to 40%. Levy's got balls of steel to be fair to open with that offer and keep a straight face. Collymore, on the other hand, has sawdust for brains. No way Levy is paying £500k a week.

New Tottenham loan signing Gareth Bale could return quicker than expected from injury because his "motivation is high", says manager Jose Mourinho.

Forward Bale, who rejoined Spurs last week from Real Madrid, has a knee problem sustained on Wales duty.

Tottenham said they expect Bale "will be match fit after October's international break".

"He is so happy to be with a club of his heart. He is so happy to play for us," said Mourinho.

"When a player has this motivation, many, many times you can shorten the period of recovering and shorten the period of getting fit and ready to play.

"We want to help him, so when he's available to train with the team, we're more than happy to have him and help him back to a level that made him one of the best players in the world."

Have not read criticisms. fudge them all, every last one of them. My Bale 9 vapor knit third shirt arrives Thursday and it will be worth every fudging over-priced penny. There are enough joy thieves out there without them muscling in on this. Tell them all to fudge off!

p.s. anyone reading Collymore at this point deserves what they get. It's like listening to that ugliest of stepchildren Durham on talkbricke...it's like shoving a turd at your nose and complaining about the smell, etc, etc...

Have not read criticisms. fudge them all, every last one of them. My Bale 9 vapor knit third shirt arrives Thursday and it will be worth every fudging over-priced penny. There are enough joy thieves out there without them muscling in on this. Tell them all to fudge off!

p.s. anyone reading Collymore at this point deserves what they get. It's like listening to that ugliest of stepchildren Durham on talkbricke...it's like shoving a turd at your nose and complaining about the smell, etc, etc...
Nailed it Steff.... couldn't agree more, especially that helmet Durham.

What a playa. Some amazing memories and a slight hint of sadness that a couple of those squads could have/should have won something. Modders was bloody buggery good too.
Really enjoyed watching that and not just for Bale. Made me realise that team was my favourite to date, not sure why as the Poch teams were a higher level overall. But seeing Bale,VDV,Lennon,Modric,Defoe,Huddleston, even Super Pav - Maybe because that was the team that laid the foundations for us going up a level but there’s something about that team that makes me feel all fuzzy.....

Gareth Bale could stay at Tottenham for longer than the season-long loan the club have agreed with Real Madrid, says the Wales international's agent.

The 31-year-old forward has rejoined Spurs having left them in 2013 for a then world record fee of £85m.

"I'm sure that if things really worked out well, we'd have no problem," said Jonathan Barnett.

"This is the club he wants to play at. I don't see any problems if he wants another year."

Bale, who was close to leaving Real Madrid for China in the summer of 2019, has a contract until 2022 with the Spanish giants and at the moment is scheduled to return at the end of the season.

Barnett, speaking to BBC Radio 4's Today programme, added: "Hopefully the subject [of returning to Real] won't come up. He will be so successful at Tottenham he'll want to stay and it will be a simple deal to do the rest."

Bale has won 13 major trophies with Real Madrid, including four Champions Leagues and two La Liga titles.

He is also the top-scoring British player in La Liga - with 80 goals and 40 assists in 171 league appearances.

"What I hope is he'll get his love back for the game and play the way he can, but it's up to him," said Barnett.

"And he's not on trial anywhere. He's achieved more than any other, I think, British footballer abroad, so I think he's fine."

Bale has been hampered by injuries in his time at Real and was booed by sections of the Spanish club's fans during the 2018-19 season.

He also fell out of favour under manager Zinedine Zidane, who said it would be "best for everyone" if Bale left in July 2019.

"In my opinion, he wasn't treated correctly for somebody who's done so much for a great club," said Barnett. "I think that things were wrong.

"It's hard to put one finger on it but I think somebody who has achieved what he has achieved for a club, in seven years, should have been treated better.

"I don't want to blame anybody or go into it. I think what the fans did was disgraceful and the club didn't help. That's all I really want to get into."

Tottenham will have to wait for Bale to make his second debut for the club as he has a knee problem sustained on Wales duty.

Spurs said they expect Bale "will be match-fit after October's international break".

Asked how the move to the north London side came about, Barnett added: "Basically it was a conversation between [Tottenham chairman] Daniel Levy and myself where the subject came up, I suggested it and Daniel was interested.

"So that's basically how it was done. No magic, just long chats.

"Daniel Levy's been interested in bringing Gareth back for a long time. There was always a reason why it couldn't happen. Just this was the right moment.

"They made the move first."

Amen brother i could not agree more, Durham and all those on Talkbrick not worth the time of day, gave up listening to that show years ago.

Back