• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Melbourne reduced infections from over 700 per day to 11 per day now. Due to a strict lock down complete with curfew. Without that, Melbourne would have had thousands of infections a day and that is not me saying it, that was the expert advice..

Curfew from 8pm-5am, only allowed within a 5km radius for 1 hour a day for exercise and essential shopping/work/medical care. All retail, gyms, salons etc closed. Many factories and other places shutdown or reduced capacity. Life has almost completely stopped here and it absolutely sucks. But it absolutely works. we’re down to 11 cases today, and the thing getting me through is knowing another month or so like this will see us have a proper Christmas and New Year and hopefully 2021 until a vaccine comes.

405-DBCD8-5-C64-4-A7-F-A476-250-B059542-F8.jpg

Curfew from 8pm-5am, only allowed within a 5km radius for 1 hour a day for exercise and essential shopping/work/medical care. All retail, gyms, salons etc closed. Many factories and other places shutdown or reduced capacity. Life has almost completely stopped here and it absolutely sucks. But it absolutely works. we’re down to 11 cases today, and the thing getting me through is knowing another month or so like this will see us have a proper Christmas and New Year and hopefully 2021 until a vaccine comes.

Proper Christmas?

Please dont tell me you believe the story about the virgin bricking out a baby in a barn?

Interesting...can i ask:

1) How are such curfews enforced? Checkpoints? Drones? Satellite?
2) People working in those industries: are they given money by the local/federal government to offset people getting kicked out of their apartments, losing their houses, not being able to feed etc?
3) These increases in cases since July shown on the graph: do you have data or a similar graph for hospitalizations and deaths?
4) Lastly, why is Melbourne (and perhaps the state of Victoria in general) seeing such effects from coronavirus compared to the rest of Australia?

That sounds like you are three months behind the rest of the world, I hope I am wrong but I think you have further to go than you think

Melbourne had it's first wave in March, the infections were curtailed down to about 6 a day and then people in Quarantine got out and it spiked again up to 700 a day. Since then there has been a hard lock down and things seem to be back under control.

As a question

will everybody on here have the vaccine as soon as its out, not knowing whats in it or the possible long term side effects ??

As a question

will everybody on here have the vaccine as soon as its out, not knowing whats in it or the possible long term side effects ??

If thats the choice then there is no difference between that and going back to work now as a low 40s male and risking CV?

Looks like cases peaked during the Australian winter and now they are coming to spring the cases are declining again? As we’ve seen all over Europe.

Would I be right in saying Melbourne is more seasonal than other major cities in Oz as well, which could be a reason for the additional cases there compared to the rest of the country?

As a question

No chance. I remember Thalidomide. I'm very happy in my bubble at home and won't ever go back into the office if I can avoid it.

NICE are not going to recommend an unsafe vaccine. We absolutely have to put faith in the experts. These are people who have devoted their life to patient safety first and foremost. Please trust them. I will be and will happily take whatever NICE recommend.

No one minus sacra (lol) has ever suggested we expose anyone - but that is literally the only argument people have

the facts are there for all to see 307 people under the age of 60 without medical conditions have died from the virus

can you explain the logic of shutting everything down instead of
Shielding the at risks

I was talking to DTA, who offered a completely contrasting argument. Your points above are more or less in line with my current views.

So no, I’m not going to do any more work here.

Looks like cases peaked during the Australian winter and now they are coming to spring the cases are declining again? As we’ve seen all over Europe.

Would I be right in saying Melbourne is more seasonal than other major cities in Oz as well, which could be a reason for the additional cases there compared to the rest of the country?

Our winter is much worse than Sydney’s or Brisbane’s but the reason for our second wave was the quarantine hotel security guards we shagging the infected guests and then taking it home to their families which caused it to spread like wildfire. Don’t get me wrong this last few months lock down has been completely depressing but its working. As for weather being a major factor, India is in peak summer and racking up 100k new cases a day so I’m not sure it really matters.

NICE are not going to recommend an unsafe vaccine. We absolutely have to put faith in the experts. These are people who have devoted their life to patient safety first and foremost. Please trust them. I will be and will happily take whatever NICE recommend.

I'm not sure whatever NICE might or might not recommend or the safety (or not) of the covid vaccine matter, given what the government has been proposing in their recent consultation: https://www.gov.uk/government/consu...s-to-support-the-rollout-of-covid-19-vaccines

Why would the vaccine manufacturers be exempt from any Civil Liability in any cases where there were adverse effects if there would be confidence in its quality and safety? Would we in normal life be able to get away with driving with no insurance, let alone a car manufacturer be bailed out by any government if they were to sell cars that might or might not be faulty? (Nice work if you could get it though!)

Not to talk of other rules that are seemingly being proposed to be 'relaxed' when it come to who administers said vaccine, whether the vaccine has to be licensed etc.

Back