• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Striker thread..

Really? That's not the type of player i had him down as (more of a Defoe i thought)
Just my opinion of course, so others are more than welcome
I said we should have signed him before he went to pool as you could see he and that bit about him
At Southampton he has stepped up massively and genuinely leads that line. They do have other strikers who step in but none have stepped up
TBF they won’t sell him unless their mental
I will say for less we could get Wout Weghorst and from what little I’ve seen of him (180 mins maybe more) and form what I’ve read and heard he would be a real player over here. I’m amazed someone like palace haven’t gone for him but then I don’t think he would see that as a step up
I’m genuinely stunned were splashing the cash on these deals as I didn’t think we had it. @Finney Is Back and I regularly debate and clash on the club but the money thing is genuinely surprising me this window

I said we should have signed him before he went to pool as you could see he and that bit about him
At Southampton he has stepped up massively and genuinely leads that line. They do have other strikers who step in but none have stepped up
I will say for less we could get Wout Weghorst and from what little I’ve seen of him (180 mins maybe more) and form what I’ve read and heard he would be a real player over here. I’m amazed someone like palace haven’t gone for him but then I don’t think he would see that as a step up
I’m genuinely stunned were splashing the cash on these deals as I didn’t think we had it. @Finney Is Back and I regularly debate and clash on the club but the money thing is genuinely surprising me this window
Im with you - Ings is like Kane in that he is physical/decent in the air but its not his main strength. He is technically good and a great finisher. I don't expect to get him, but would be a way beyond expectation level signing in that position....

If getting paid 100k a week for occasionally having to play up front alongside Bale and Son at our new stadium under Jose, isn’t enough then the world’s gone mad.

Southampton will get relegated if they sell Ings, and they don't like us anyway, so I agree, not on the likely list

Re the cash, it's interesting

- Hart, PEH and Bale were effectively zero cost (KWPP and some of the youngsters out)
- Doherty cost us 13M (really low)
- Reguilon is the outlay, especially for a "non priority" position

Assuming what we are hearing is true, i.e two more in, ST & CB, you could be looking at another 50M in spend (so 90M+ outlay)
Sell Rose, Aurier, Foyth, Gazza, you might bring that down to a 60M net spend for the window (which would be fudging amazing business), add Dele and the net spend goes to very little (for what it's worth, don't think are going to)

The big change in strategy is we are taking the risk of buying first

Back to thread, think Wout is an interesting option, hope we can pull it off.

Southampton will get relegated if they sell Ings, and they don't like us anyway, so I agree, not on the likely list

- Hart, PEH and Bale were effectively zero cost (KWPP and some of the youngsters out)

Assuming what we are hearing is true, i.e two more in, ST & CB, you could be looking at another 50M in spend (so 90M+ outlay)
Sell Rose, Aurier, Foyth, Gazza, you might bring that down to a 60M net spend for the window (which would be fudging amazing business), add Dele and the net spend goes to very little (for what it's worth, don't think are going to)

Yeah we’re actually spending before selling but I think the issue of the games we have to okay is having an impact there (keeping players to play games) and the fact that as always most deals are done in the last 24 hours of a window
And I agree we won’t sell Dele but I think there it’s a combination of reason (not a buyer willing to play/club don’t want to Actually lose him)

Yeah we’re actually spending before selling but I think the issue of the games we have to okay is having an impact there (keeping players to play games) and the fact that as always most deals are done in the last 24 hours of a window
And I agree we won’t sell Dele but I think there it’s a combination of reason (not a buyer willing to play/club don’t want to Actually lose him)
It's a bloody revelation this buying before selling thing. [emoji38]

I'm really forward to no deadline day deals going through (and not because we've not added to the squad at all this time). This has really been my biggest criticism of Levy and now it seems to have finally clicked that, that approach costs us money in the long run.

Yep, great post. Our wages to turnover ratio is insanely low too so we have some wiggle room there. The bit I don't understand is why we've seemingly changed tact during a pandemic that's cut off so much of our expected revenue.

But that's for Dr Evil to worry about and I've absolutely no fear that he's gone all Peter Ridsdale. If he's doing it, it's because he knows we can.

Yep, great post. Our wages to turnover ratio is insanely low too so we have some wiggle room there. The bit I don't understand is why we've seemingly changed tact during a pandemic that's cut off so much of our expected revenue.

But that's for Dr Evil to worry about and I've absolutely no fear that he's gone all Peter Ridsdale. If he's doing it, it's because he knows we can.

I don't think we have, Levy doesn't take risks, he's just great at getting value.

I don't think we have, Levy doesn't take risks, he's just great at getting value.

Buying before selling, spending money on players with no re-sale value (Bale, Doherty). There has been a change in approach although the net spend won't be massive which means your core point is correct.

I think the other key thing to note even though we are down revenue. The stadium is all refinanced. So we don’t need the accounts to look so good now. The money can be spent. The wage to turnover % can increase a bit. Having money in the bank and good accounts the last few years surely helped us get good financing terms. Which might have cost us on the pitch but will help on lower interest repayments and therefore Revenue available for the team going forward.

Back