• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Levy putting his balls on the line with these purchases - actually, since he (planned) ditched Poch and got Jose in

Shiney stadium and training, but what is it all for if the long game doesn't deliver trophies, and make big money to recoup all the investments ?

We are all praying this will work, it has to - big statement if we let Alli go. It'll only work if Ndombele and Le Celso unleash their potential, and we shore up defense imho

Whilst i don't disagree with what's being said, Arsenal were without CL football and still managed to get players in like Aubameyang. I think CL is a big bonus, but not essential, i think wage structure can be a massive factor.

Its a premier competition in football, its what we should want to play in regardless of finances, otherwise whats the point?

Levy has done an amazing job, but I'm worried that the empty stadium will set us back (why couldn't this pandemic have hit when we were building it - typical Spurs). Nevertheless the Amazon documentary will further expose the club to many around the world, especially in the US where Amazon is huge. So increasing our worldwide fanbase might offset the empty stadium somewhat. Only thing we still need is for Bezos to buy the club and we're set. :D

Levy has done an amazing job, but I'm worried that the empty stadium will set us back (why couldn't this pandemic have hit when we were building it - typical Spurs). Nevertheless the Amazon documentary will further expose the club to many around the world, especially in the US where Amazon is huge. So increasing our worldwide fanbase might offset the empty stadium somewhat. Only thing we still need is for Bezos to buy the club and we're set. :D
If people can stay awake through the amazon reality show it might help. But let's be honest, as a show it's not a patch on Sunderland Til I Die. Hopefully the Bezos comment in tongue in cheek. That billionaire is a heartless sociopath and I'd prefer him away from MY club.

I've had quite a few US colleagues ping me telling me they are watching AoN on Amazon. The PL is pretty big there, so a lot of US fans are watching it even if not Spurs fans directly.

If people can stay awake through the amazon reality show it might help. But let's be honest, as a show it's not a patch on Sunderland Til I Die. Hopefully the Bezos comment in tongue in cheek. That billionaire is a heartless sociopath and I'd prefer him away from MY club.

The Sunderland one is excellent and much better than AoN but I’m glad that’s the case. I think Sunderland are a brickshow primarily because of that programme. I think we all feared AoN would be similar and we’d come out of it looking stupid.

I can’t imagine Levy being ridden like their chairman was for Will Grigg and if he does ever get boned like that, I don’t want to see it.

The Sunderland one is excellent and much better than AoN but I’m glad that’s the case. I think Sunderland are a brickshow primarily because of that programme. I think we all feared AoN would be similar and we’d come out of it looking stupid.

I can’t imagine Levy being ridden like their chairman was for Will Grigg and if he does ever get boned like that, I don’t want to see it.

Thing is they got to film a club on a huge slope down and also one that does not have much of a brand to protect.

Win win for TV

It would have been a complete disaster if it that hit during build (we had hundreds if not thousands of people working simultaneously to make the crazy timelines), in addition some of the finance rates were achieved because the economic outlook was very good compared to now.

I actually think we got lucky, Pool, United, Chelsea all have major work to do to their stadiums to compete (it's not just seat count, it's corporate facilities, multi-purpose capability, family friendly, etc.) and all of their projects are going to be delayed significantly (if they even take the financial risk)

The day "normal" returns, Spurs will be in a position to take advantage

Stolen from reddit .. funny

o9yja2xg92p51.jpg

It would have been a complete disaster if it that hit during build (we had hundreds if not thousands of people working simultaneously to make the crazy timelines), in addition some of the finance rates were achieved because the economic outlook was very good compared to now.

I actually think we got lucky, Pool, United, Chelsea all have major work to do to their stadiums to compete (it's not just seat count, it's corporate facilities, multi-purpose capability, family friendly, etc.) and all of their projects are going to be delayed significantly (if they even take the financial risk)

The day "normal" returns, Spurs will be in a position to take advantage
As i have said before....100% this.

The complications would have been ten fold.

We've locked in a great financial restructuring just in the nick of time, the stadium is tested and more than fit for purpose, the only downside is the doors are closed...as soon as they're open the golden goose has got 80 years of laying to do...nothing is changing that.

As i have said before....400% this.

The complications would have been ten fold.

We've locked in a great financial restructuring just in the nick of time, the stadium is tested and more than fit for purpose, the only downside is the doors are closed...as soon as they're open the golden goose has got 80 years of laying to do...nothing is changing that.
Golden badger surely?

Why do you need an expensive house? Only a place to sleep. Why do you need an expensive car, only got 4 wheels and gets you from A to B?? Etc etc. rich people like expensive things. Deal with it.

The common theory -> insecurity, small penis, mid-life crisis, etc. etc.

Other thought -< Zahavian signal, I can choose to be wasteful exactly because I have so much more than others

Back to Levy

ru2n2qbd4qq51.jpg

What a window this has been.
Levy has come up trumps. No especially long drawn out sagas. Mourinho's been given most of what he wants.
There seems to be a great feeling within the camp.
Things feel more optimistic than they have in a long while.
Well done all involved.
Now let's make it count. I for one am buzzing for the season to resume.

He has done very well, lets hope it pays off going forward as we have signed some very good players. And I hope it stops the usual moaners who have kept slagging him off over the years. :p

The general mood has lifted, like after the signings of Davids/Vand der Vart but 100 fold, and rightly so. We now have a squad of depth and players with a winning mentality (right down to our supposed third choice keeper)

Full bottle of Tempranillo and several San Migs...................:cool:

Back