• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

But were we not playing as a team anyway? Did Sonny not do what he was coached to do as in hang on the last defender and run in behind?
There were times he was through and passed into the box (certainly in the case of one for Moura which the defender just beat him to).
So it's not like he was purely being selfish or anything.

We were playing to a specific plan the the manager coached them to do. If at least two of those goals he scored Son was in a position to pass for a tap-in but instead shot, i'd understanmd it. But Son was in 1:1 all times with no-one else with him to pass to anyway.

If we were playing Pep style of football i'd maybe understand it.

GHod help Kane when he gets his scoring boots on!:eek:

Again, we're all speculating but if that's what it is, it's not about Son's performance yesterday. It's the fact that if he has a weakness in his game, for me, it's his decision making generally such as the game against Everton when his poor choice possibly cost us winning. His performance yesterday was outstanding and personally, I thought Sonny was MOTM.

Again, we're all speculating but if that's what it is, it's not about Son's performance yesterday. It's the fact that if he has a weakness in his game, for me, it's his decision making generally such as the game against Everton when his poor choice possibly cost us winning. His performance yesterday was outstanding and personally, I thought Sonny was MOTM.

Exactly, so there was ZERO need for that, at that time really. Plenty of other times to talk about Son's decision-making

Exactly, so there was ZERO need for that, at that time really. Plenty of other times to talk about Son's decision-making
Wow, you still going on about this? Jose and the players were buzzing, when Mourinho said it Son laughed and agreed - I guarantee Son isn’t worrying about it right now and more likely daydreaming about the four goals he scored yesterday - you’re more bothered about it than he is:D.....

Wow, you still going on about this? Jose and the players were buzzing, when Mourinho said it Son laughed and agreed - I guarantee Son isn’t worrying about it right now and more likely daydreaming about the four goals he scored yesterday - you’re more bothered about it than he is:D.....

Yeah, when's all is said and done, that's probably true! :D

Top post!

I agree with you. I don't think there was a need for it but Jose's probably done it for a reason and he knows how to manage these types of personality much better than me. Clough was also famous for bringing players back down to earth when they'd had a good day. There's a couple of great stories out there about Stuart Pearce after his England debut and Mark Crossley after he made his Forest debut.

Or maybe we're all reading too much into it... :D

To play devil’s advocate to your devil’s advocate...technically in this scenario the only way to NOT weaken two positions, is to buy someone better than Bale/Son and have them sit on the bench for when Kane gets injured...yeah that doesn’t add up either. Nor do I know if what I just did was devil’s advocate or not...my head hurts
technically in this scenario the only way not to weaken two positions is to buy someone like Bale so we are only weakening one position:D.....y'know the number between 0 and 2:D

Jose does want a striker when with the additions of Bale. He clearly will play him and feels like he needs to play him but is aware of the possibility of burnout.

Mourinho said: “Harry in principle he has to be [there].

Especially in these matches against these teams, in theory, inferior and, in theory, teams that are going to defend against you, you need a striker.

“I want Harry to play, let’s see if he can, if he feels ready to move.

"He’s an experienced player, he knows his body better than any sports science guy or any medical guy.

"If he is ready to play, of course he will."

Great and nice to see...
I bumped into him on the Fulham Road when he managing Chelscum the first time around, with my mate and his daughter. He was an absolute gent. Took photos and had a laugh that I supported Spurs and my mate Fulham. Great guy and so far away from the persona he projects for football, most of which I think is about him taking the tinkle. He was good mates with both Martin Jol and Poch and I always felt he respected our club.

Back