• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

I have a feeling he has subbed him at half time to see how a he reacts.
There's just over two week until the end of the window.

It needs to be the defensive shape of the first proper Poch team, imo - Dier in CM dropping back in to a back 3 with Doherty and Regulion replacing Walker and Rose.

Gets a bit muddled thereafter however as you've presumably got Kane Son Bale as auto starters leaving Lo Celso Ndombele Hojberg and Alli for two positions

I agreed until you said Dier in the team

He can be better than Dembele. He has the strength, the ball skills but his passing is also more incisive than Dembele’s was. I can see Ndembele picking up more assists. Great to see that move from him that led to the first goal. He took out two Southampton players before playing a pass with vision and accuracy. Hopefully he can collect the minutes, build his match condition and really show everyone what he is capable of this season.

Jose will be fuccussed on a couple of plays in the first half where Ndombele casually jogged back into a defensive position when a slightly quicker bit of sprinting could have put him in position to challenge for the ball closer to the halfway line.

I know I certainly was when I debriefed JM after the match.

I think it shows you how important having a player in CM with the X Factor is.

At 1-0 down at HT that game could have gone very differently without that piece of magic. Is there another player in the team that could have done that?

That one bit of play was as important as all the other goals and assists imo.

I think it shows you how important having a player in CM with the X Factor is.

At 1-0 down at HT that game could have gone very differently without that piece of magic. Is there another player in the team that could have done that?

That one bit of play was as important as all the other goals and assists imo.

Lo Celso might have been able to do similar. Though he likely would have not made the early pass but progressed further with possession. I can only hope we get to see both GLC and TN on form this season. I think Ndombele will be required to put in more defensive work if we are to use a midfield three of those two plus Hoijberg. Will be more of a pressing midfield as there’s no player there that’s really going to sit deep, and stay deep. I had thought that Hoijberg would but that’s been proven otherwise with his displays until now.

Lo Celso might have been able to do similar. Though he likely would have not made the early pass but progressed further with possession. I can only hope we get to see both GLC and TN on form this season. I think Ndombele will be required to put in more defensive work if we are to use a midfield three of those two plus Hoijberg. Will be more of a pressing midfield as there’s no player there that’s really going to sit deep, and stay deep. I had thought that Hoijberg would but that’s been proven otherwise with his displays until now.
Lo Celso did mor defensive work and also played key passes in 3 of the 4 goals scored when he was on.
We all can see Tubbys talent but for their first goal he was guilty of watching KWP and not getting close to him. There the things he has to fix

Ndombele showed true ability above and beyond any of our midfielders. Get him fit and he will be a game-changer. With our forward line, he is deadly.

Quite who plays with him I'm not sure, don't know if we anyone at that level ATM.
We need some more defensive grit. Ndombele is an attacking asset.

Last edited:
He can be better than Dembele. He has the strength, the ball skills but his passing is also more incisive than Dembele’s was. I can see Ndembele picking up more assists. Great to see that move from him that led to the first goal. He took out two Southampton players before playing a pass with vision and accuracy. Hopefully he can collect the minutes, build his match condition and really show everyone what he is capable of this season.
He’ll never be as good as Dembele defensively IMO.

What I like about Ndombele is the pace he puts on his passes, he passes fudging hard. That catches people out.

I think yesterday was right, keep cycling him and Gio until they both are up to fitness

Long term

- Against better sides we play with one of them (assuming front three of Bale, Son, Kane), PEH plus someone more defensive
- Against side that sit back, play both plus PEH

We won't likely see our real 11 for a while with all the games forcing rotation and squad getting up to fitness.

Back