• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

CB Worries

But I’ve only ever seen one quality CB come from that league (carvalho) also is be concerned about big money CBS from Portugal
Skrinar is the same kind of money and he plays like Vidic and is also left sided which side where we’re weak

Fair enough - but Skriniar came out a few weeks ago and dismissed rumors of him leaving, saying no one had been in touch with him and that he wanted to fight for the Inter shirt.

He would be an absolutely top-class signing as well, though - maybe more so.

Tubby can’t do that and play deep in a holding role IMO
We need someone Sitting and people judge winks on that creative role when he is being asked to play the DM role
We looked much better second half in Midfield as Jose told Holdberg to stay with winks and work with him. It worked and it meant thy had to go over us to create anything Leaving gaps
Agree..you can't give any critical defensive duties to Ndombele.

Thing is Winks could do it from DM ...he chooses not too. I believe he is capable.

But hey Winks was 'lateral lateral lateral'.. 'now he's so powerful' :rolleyes:

Maybe we fans have missed that transformation:)

Agree..you can't give any critical defensive duties to Ndombele.

Thing is Winks could do it from DM ...he chooses not too. I believe he is capable.

But hey Winks was 'lateral lateral lateral'.. 'now he's so powerful' :rolleyes:

Maybe we fans have missed that transformation:)
Yeah I’ve seen that
I also think it’s very very difficult to do it when one of the deepest 3 players
I’d like to see his stats today or passes to his other midfield players
I reckon it will show the most went to and from Lo Celso

Fair enough - but Skriniar came out a few weeks ago and dismissed rumors of him leaving, saying no one had been in touch with him and that he wanted to fight for the Inter shirt.

He would be an absolutely top-class signing as well, though - maybe more so.
Well it’s all gone very very quiet on him

Think we could be in a similar position to Liverpool pre Van Dijk and Allison. Great going forward but won’t achieve anything significant I.e. win trophies. Dier and Sanchez don’t drop the kind of clangers that Karius did for Liverpool (certainly not high profile mistakes) but the pair of them are just too shaky. I take the point that we need better protection for them but when they have to do their jobs they don’t deal with situations, get done by simple balls over the top etc. When Toby and Jan were called on to defend it was like I need TP for my bunghole, that’s our jobs, they relished it. I still don’t know who the ball player between Dier and Toby and who is the dominant in the air ball winner.

We may get to semis/finals with them but they will let us down in the crunch IMO.

Think we could be in a similar position to Liverpool pre Van Dijk and Allison. Great going forward but won’t achieve anything significant I.e. win trophies. Dier and Sanchez don’t drop the kind of clangers that Karius did for Liverpool (certainly not high profile mistakes) but the pair of them are just too shaky. I take the point that we need better protection for them but when they have to do their jobs they don’t deal with situations, get done by simple balls over the top etc. When Toby and Jan were called on to defend it was like I need TP for my bunghole, that’s our jobs, they relished it. I still don’t know who the ball player between Dier and Toby and who is the dominant in the air ball winner.

We may get to semis/finals with them but they will let us down in the crunch IMO.

Dier was very poor today
That goal came form him over thinking the pass and by then he was done
But TBF ings did Toby last year with a better move

Dier was very poor today
That goal came form him over thinking the pass and by then he was done
But TBF ings did Toby last year with a better move

I remember the goal you are referring to. I said the same in the OMT, Toby’s failings for me are physical rather than general poor play, his body just isn’t what it was even 2 years ago. I don’t see Dier or Sanchez’s ceiling being any higher than this. This is as good as we will get for from either. I don’t expect them to play this poorly every game but I don’t expect much more from them either.

We will know more in 6-12 months I guess. Either they will dramatically improve and they play their part as we on on to challenge/win trophies. Or they continue to play at this level and we realise we need better which leads to us recruiting better CB’s who help us reach another level like Van Dijk and Alison did for Liverpool.

I remember the goal you are referring to. I said the same in the OMT, Toby’s failings for me are physical rather than general poor play, his body just isn’t what it was even 2 years ago. I don’t see Dier or Sanchez’s ceiling being any higher than this. This is as good as we will get for from either. I don’t expect them to play this poorly every game but I don’t expect much more from them either.

We will know more in 6-12 months I guess. Either they will dramatically improve and they play their part as we on on to challenge/win trophies. Or they continue to play at this level and we realise we need better which leads to us recruiting better CB’s who help us reach another level like Van Dijk and Alison did for Liverpool.
One of them or possibly both IMO will be replaced
They have certain strengths but their weaknesses do seem to be repetitive
I didntjinj Sanchez was fine today
I’ll add that Dier is playing left side which isn’t his side normally. That’s a weakness for us
And we will be even more exposed when Reggie joins to that as he will be pushing on

we'll need to chop and change through the crazy schedule, once thats done it would be nice to stick to a regular pairing

if it was me, I'd go with the best two athletes and coach the mistakes out of them

we'll need to chop and change through the crazy schedule, once thats done it would be nice to stick to a regular pairing

if it was me, I'd go with the best two athletes and coach the mistakes out of them

Taganga and Sanchez?

One of them or possibly both IMO will be replaced
They have certain strengths but their weaknesses do seem to be repetitive
I didntjinj Sanchez was fine today
I’ll add that Dier is playing left side which isn’t his side normally. That’s a weakness for us
And we will be even more exposed when Reggie joins to that as he will be pushing on

What do you think their strengths are? I know some believe Dier should be the next captain but I’m just not seeing that. I like his desire but above all else, the captain has to be a nailed on starter, I don’t think Dier is nor should be that unless his performance levels improve. Jose clearly likes him too but from what I have seen from him so far at CB, we will need to go into the market sooner rather than later if we persist with him and Sanchez.

For me the Korean lad at £14m looks a deal worth making
Korean mentality from what we have seen is very very strong
And he is an absolute unit too
And anyone with the confidence to tackle then Meg Dembele is a player with prospects

What do you think their strengths are? I know some believe Dier should be the next captain but I’m just not seeing that. I like his desire but above all else, the captain has to be a nailed on starter, I don’t think Dier is nor should be that unless his performance levels improve. Jose clearly likes him too but from what I have seen from him so far at CB, we will need to go into the market sooner rather than later if we persist with him and Sanchez.
I actually think there’s a player in both of them but their not a pairing

Dier generally attacks the ball aerially and leads with blocks and challenges. He can pass do to a decent standard. His issue is he gets turned too often against guys who aren’t even that special or mobile and that’s a Worry

Sanchez is an ugly sweeper who cleans up with pace. He is weak against anyone physical and really poor with long aerial balls when challenged, and can’t pass

For me the Korean lad at £14m looks a deal worth making
Korean meteorology from what we have seen is very very strong
And he is an absolute unit too
And anyone with the confidence to tackle then Meg Dembele is a player with prospects

I think he has to be the sensible option for us.

Koulibaly would be the dream signing,Is it £80m needed, we could possibly raise funds to meet that price if Alli and a few others were indeed sold, but could we pay the wage?
Dias probably 2nd best. Again fee and wages the sticking point.

But Kim Min-Jae at £14m is gettable, looks decent enough, wages should be within our budget, sadly it seems to have gone quiet on his pursuit. Hopefully it resumes soon

I think he has to be the sensible option for us.

Koulibaly would be the dream signing,Is it £80m needed, we could possibly raise funds to meet that price if Alli and a few others were indeed sold, but could we pay the wage?
Dias probably 2nd best. Again fee and wages the sticking point.

But Kim Min-Jae at £14m is gettable, looks decent enough, wages should be within our budget, sadly it seems to have gone quiet on his pursuit. Hopefully it resumes soon

Lazio agreed a few but the player hasn’t agreed it (for Kim)

Koukibaly has tailed off as a player last season

Dias is gonna be £40:£50m which is a risky sum imo

He was decent. As he's quite a proactive defender he can look quite clumsy when he challenges but today it was mostly upfield so there was always space to recover. I'd rather he do it there than in the penalty box when there just isn't the time to recover.
So did i.
With Dier I see some potential in the role but I'm just not convinced and don't believe there's anymore to him. We do need another CB or we need to hope Sanchez can gain some solid form over the long term. Tangana is an option but I fear we are putting to much hope into a player who really is just starting his career and learning the role.

He was decent. As he's quite a proactive defender he can look quite clumsy when he challenges but today it was mostly upfield so there was always space to recover. I'd rather he do it there than in the penalty box when there just isn't the time to recover. With Dier I see some potential in the role but I'm just not convinced and don't believe there's anymore to him. We do need another CB or we need to hope Sanchez can gain some solid form over the long term. Tangana is an option but I fear we are putting to much hope into a player who really is just starting his career and learning the role.

Do not disagree with you at all, i just think/hope that once we get EVERYONE fit and sort out the players who do not want to be here, intergrate the new signings we may get a settled team. One thing that is not helping is the swapping and changing we have to keep doing.

Sickening thing for me about our CB situation is that we had the best pairing in Europe 3-4 years ago without question. Now it’s the glaring weak spot in our team.

Back