• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wout Weghorst

I think this is a bit more than the Dutch version of the Mirror or talksport.

https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/1493917745/tottenham-hotspur-zet-vol-in-op-wout-weghorst

Wout Weghorst may play his last game for VfL Wolfsburg at home against Bayer Leverkusen on Sunday evening. There is plenty of serious interest in the 28-year-old striker, with Tottenham Hotspur wanting to switch the fastest for the time being. The club from London is very concrete and wants to talk to the Weghorst camp in the short term.

This may make Weghorst's big boyhood dream come true. Exactly two years ago, when the Dutch attacker made his switch to VfL Wolfsburg, he already stated in an interview with De Telegraaf that he fully believed in a step to the English top after his adventure in Germany. "I dreamed of that from childhood," said Weghorst. “If I continue to train with full dedication, I think that chance will come. Of course such a thing depends on several facets. But apart from that, you can enforce many things in life itself. ”

Diligent soccer player

The latter has also been achieved by Weghorst in Wolfsburg. Many an expert thought that the diligent football player had already reached his ceiling, but the man from Borne continues to amaze everything and everyone. In the past season alone, he scored 20 goals in more than 40 official games, plus five assists. A year earlier, he delivered eighteen goals and seven assists in 36 matches. In mid-2019, Weghorst already signed a significantly improved contract with Wolfsburg, which means that he will now be with the German club until mid-2023. Tottenham will therefore have to deposit a substantial amount to be able to take over Weghorst.

If the transfer comes around, and that chance is very realistic at the moment, Weghorst will be taken as second striker behind Harry Kane. Although the four-time international of Orange will undoubtedly not settle for that. Weghorst is a typical example of a football player who believes in the "impossible". “I am walking my own independent path,” he said in the aforementioned interview. “I want to do more than the rest, because I achieve my success through that little bit extra. The standard that I use is not the standard of many people. I'm going pretty far. Since my first year as a professional football player at FC Emmen, my life has revolved around football 24 hours a day. I am and live very selfish. For me there is no middle ground. ”

Via FC Emmen he ended up at Heracles. Then he climbed higher to AZ and via the Alkmaarders he ended up in the Bundesliga at Wolfsburg. With every step higher he thought: at this level there must be more people like me. That feeling turned out to be incorrect. Also at Wolfsburg, his car is often the only one left in the parking lot. “I've always been amazed about that. So apparently people don't get everything out of it. I will go for my own personal top. But because I don't have that exceptional talent, I don't know how high it will be. ”

With a possible transfer to the team of manager José Mourinho and ex-PSV player Steven Bergwijn, Weghorst would in any case take the next step up. With that he probably also rises in the pecking order with the Dutch national team.

I think this is a bit more than the Dutch version of the Mirror or talksport.

https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/1493917745/tottenham-hotspur-zet-vol-in-op-wout-weghorst

Wout Weghorst may play his last game for VfL Wolfsburg at home against Bayer Leverkusen on Sunday evening. There is plenty of serious interest in the 28-year-old striker, with Tottenham Hotspur wanting to switch the fastest for the time being. The club from London is very concrete and wants to talk to the Weghorst camp in the short term.

This may make Weghorst's big boyhood dream come true. Exactly two years ago, when the Dutch attacker made his switch to VfL Wolfsburg, he already stated in an interview with De Telegraaf that he fully believed in a step to the English top after his adventure in Germany. "I dreamed of that from childhood," said Weghorst. “If I continue to train with full dedication, I think that chance will come. Of course such a thing depends on several facets. But apart from that, you can enforce many things in life itself. ”

Diligent soccer player

The latter has also been achieved by Weghorst in Wolfsburg. Many an expert thought that the diligent football player had already reached his ceiling, but the man from Borne continues to amaze everything and everyone. In the past season alone, he scored 20 goals in more than 40 official games, plus five assists. A year earlier, he delivered eighteen goals and seven assists in 36 matches. In mid-2019, Weghorst already signed a significantly improved contract with Wolfsburg, which means that he will now be with the German club until mid-2023. Tottenham will therefore have to deposit a substantial amount to be able to take over Weghorst.

If the transfer comes around, and that chance is very realistic at the moment, Weghorst will be taken as second striker behind Harry Kane. Although the four-time international of Orange will undoubtedly not settle for that. Weghorst is a typical example of a football player who believes in the "impossible". “I am walking my own independent path,” he said in the aforementioned interview. “I want to do more than the rest, because I achieve my success through that little bit extra. The standard that I use is not the standard of many people. I'm going pretty far. Since my first year as a professional football player at FC Emmen, my life has revolved around football 24 hours a day. I am and live very selfish. For me there is no middle ground. ”

Via FC Emmen he ended up at Heracles. Then he climbed higher to AZ and via the Alkmaarders he ended up in the Bundesliga at Wolfsburg. With every step higher he thought: at this level there must be more people like me. That feeling turned out to be incorrect. Also at Wolfsburg, his car is often the only one left in the parking lot. “I've always been amazed about that. So apparently people don't get everything out of it. I will go for my own personal top. But because I don't have that exceptional talent, I don't know how high it will be. ”

With a possible transfer to the team of manager José Mourinho and ex-PSV player Steven Bergwijn, Weghorst would in any case take the next step up. With that he probably also rises in the pecking order with the Dutch national team.

Can see Mourinho absolutely loving that dedicated, 'I'll prove everyone wrong' mentality, tbh.

Although, if he does get here, I think he'll find that his competition is one H. Kane, who is every inch the same brutally single-minded, dedicated player Weghorst apparently is. Hell, Kane's car might be at the training ground longer than Weghorst's most days.

The dynamic of these two players who were both written off when young pushing each other to be better will be fascinating to watch. If he comes.

I think he looks good from the videos. Much more than a big lump. Has some finesse foot a big man and appears to remain calm or has big faith in his ability.

I think he looks good from the videos. Much more than a big lump. Has some finesse foot a big man and appears to remain calm or has big faith in his ability.
I’ve seen him play Leverkusen and someone else I’m sure and thought wow this lads pretty decent
He came short when he needed too but was always a pain for the CB he was up against which was why I was watching (Jonathan Tah). He scored too
The other game was against someone else who wore similar colours to Wolfsburg so I think it was Bremen and again he was very good but didn’t score that game

If he's going to cost £25m - £30m as I saw in a couple places, I really dont see this happening. Would Levy pay that for a 28 year old back up player? that said, if Dele is off and we're going to pocket say £50m from him, then perhaps

If he's going to cost £25m - £30m as I saw in a couple places, I really dont see this happening. Would Levy pay that for a 28 year old back up player? that said, if Dele is off and we're going to pocket say £50m from him, then perhaps

Rather that money went on a CB as that's a more pressing concern - maybe we just aren't skint?

Back