• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

If we ignore City and Pool you have a point. And that's assuming we had a top 4 capable side prior to that

That's the argument being put forward from the person I'm responding to - me? I think that squad was depleted and needed rebuilding, which we've now undertaken, i see us in a position where the aim is to challenge for the top 4 and then progress from there

The side two years ago should have won something ..

Said it in the Jose thread, if we get 25-30 games out of the key players (Bale, Lo Celso, Ndombele and obviously Kane), there are no excuses ..

Top 4 plus a pot has to be the goal ...

Would be ecstatic with a top 4 finish and trophy this season - but progression from where we were under Pochettino would be the top honors...

That's the argument being put forward from the person I'm responding to - me? I think that squad was depleted and needed rebuilding, which we've now undertaken, i see us in a position where the aim is to challenge for the top 4 and then progress from there
I agree, establish ourselves in the top 4 again, but a trophy is a must. We need to get that winning mentality and then build on it.

Would be ecstatic with a top 4 finish and trophy this season - but progression from where we were under Pochettino would be the top honors...

What's top honors? league title?

To me, Europa/FA Cup plus top 4 would be significant progression from the past

What's top honors? league title?

To me, Europa/FA Cup plus top 4 would be significant progression from the past

League and CL - runners up in both is where we were and is what the big teams are judged on. If Mourinho matches (or exceeds) that whilst delivering domestic trophies too then of course that is progression.

Last edited:
I agree, establish ourselves in the top 4 again, but a trophy is a must. We need to get that winning meteorology and then build on it.

This for me as well, winning our first trophy ( whichever one it is) will give the players in the dressing room a massive lift and make them want even more. We have added a number of new players and it will take time to settle them into the team but IF we can do that quickly ( and that is not always easy) then a top four place AND a trophy should be possible.

Winning trophies now is all that matters for the club, we have it all laid on a plate now with ground, training facility and investment. Add the intent with Jose and it has to be trophies and regular finals

I asked my mate this morning he said delusion on how good everyone thought the team was added to how hard Jan business is to do.

He reckons Everton performance first game of season with two new lads but same lack of spark was penny drop moment

I truly, TRULY hope your mate is wrong here.....

Very good work this week.

I'll reserve overall judgement until after the window shuts though:)

It's a very good window now = PEH, Doherty, Reguilon, Bale - 4 first team starters that obviously improve the team (they replace Sissoko, Aurier, Davies, Lucas in line up) and greatly improve depth.

Add a CB and ST to that list and you would arguably have one of the best windows Spurs has ever had (not even mentioning the financials of the deals as well)

Exactly,, that's why this season is so so important. We almost have to be CL next year.

Yes. Two consecutive years out of the Champions League would be a body blow for the club in terms of recruitment, player retention, prestige and financial clout.
I'm desperate for us to win a trophy though. Winning the Europa League brings Champions League qualification with it, doesn't it?

Yes. Two consecutive years out of the Champions League would be a body blow for the club in terms of recruitment, player retention, prestige and financial clout.
I'm desperate for us to win a trophy though. Winning the Europa League brings Champions League qualification with it, doesn't it?

Yes

I won't get drawn in to who or what was the cause as we know eachothers thoughts there but it is pretty clear now that the club itself has undertaken a pretty extensive rebuild of the first team squad over the last three windows which afaic says all that needs to be said on the matter.

If we had a top 4 capable side prior to that and have now added 6 first team level quality players then truly there is no excuse for the current set up not challenging for the top honors.
The squad was in absolute dire need of a rebuild, we were shot at centre half (and still are), had no presence in the centre of midfield, were poor in the fullback positions and had zero cover for when our centre forward was injured/suspended/out of form/needed a rest. The fact that even now, having signed a whopping 10 players we still need at least two more (first choice centre half and rotation option at centre forward) shows how desperate we were for a rebuild.

It's a very good window now = PEH, Doherty, Reguilon, Bale - 4 first team starters that obviously improve the team (they replace Sissoko, Aurier, Davies, Lucas in line up) and greatly improve depth.

Add a CB and ST to that list and you would arguably have one of the best windows Spurs has ever had (not even mentioning the financials of the deals as well)

As i say, better to wait until the end of the window to judge. We are still open in cm AFTER having bought PEH and a need for a striker is nothing new (and might still not happen...)

Back