• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

I listened to a Michael Bridges podcast yesterday. Ex Leeds striker when Leeds were doing well in the league and CL. He scored 21 the year before Viduka arrived, then had a horror injury and fought back from it.

He said that when he moved from Sunderland to Leeds he really felt like he may not fit in, he was in awe of the star players and big names.

Then in one game he lofted one into the top corner, got a bit of confidence, got 2 more and with that hattrick, felt like he earned his place and never looked back. Seems like a very familiar story, some young players really worry about whether they are good enough and struggle for confidence until they really make their mark.

Also, he said Roma were the dirtiest team ever, Aldair was punching him, studs down the achilles, gobbing in his hair, constantly whacking him when the ball was up the other end. Dirty Italian tricks. Thank goodness VAR stops a lot of that.

All managers moan .. ffs, look at the brick Klopp (no money last week, buy two players this week). fudging Pep talking about squad depth. SAF/Wenger/list goes on ..

With Jose, it's deflection and press manipulation

The desperate attempts to create a friction narrative between him and Levy is hilarious, probably two of the smartest people in any club in the PL, but people think some kind of teenage naivety story will play out ..

Levy is holding up his end of the bargain ,, Jose needs to delivery now ..

I have to say, we are two signings away from him having no excuses.

A CB who can sort out our horrible weaknesses from set pieces and show some leadership at the back - and a second striker to take the pressure off Harry.

Two players, and he has to deliver, no questions asked. That squad will be better than arguably any squad he's had in the past half-decade - at United, and maybe even at Chelsea in either of his seasons there.

Yes, we are lacking the mentality he wants - that's clear to see. But with every new player in, and every old player *out*, this side is becoming a blank canvas for him to shape - the old mentalities and habits are being literally upstaged by the arrival of the new guys.

Seven in for him so far. Two more, and the entire spine will have been revamped since he got here.

He's running out of time, and excuses - this season hopefully starts now, and if he fails here with the squad he'll have, he may as well pack it in, because he's not getting a better one after us.

Let me put it another way - he's getting far, far more of what he wants than Poch ever did.

Time to work Poch's miracles.

I have to say, we are two signings away from him having no excuses.

A CB who can sort out our horrible weaknesses from set pieces and show some leadership at the back - and a second striker to take the pressure off Harry.

Two players, and he has to deliver, no questions asked. That squad will be better than arguably any squad he's had in the past half-decade - at United, and maybe even at Chelsea in either of his seasons there.

Yes, we are lacking the meteorology he wants - that's clear to see. But with every new player in, and every old player *out*, this side is becoming a blank canvas for him to shape - the old mentalities and habits are being literally upstaged by the arrival of the new guys.

Seven in for him so far. Two more, and the entire spine will have been revamped since he got here.

He's running out of time, and excuses - this season hopefully starts now, and if he fails here with the squad he'll have, he may as well pack it in, because he's not getting a better one after us.

Let me put it another way - he's getting far, far more of what he wants than Poch ever did.

Time to work Poch's miracles.

Not disagreeing with you ... but ..

- If he can get 25-30 games out of Bale, Ndombele and Lo Celso, hard to make excuses

the but is on Poch .. he damn near had the perfect side .. he did well, but failed on the miracles mate .. (Walker, Rose, Dembele, prime Eriksen, Dele in first two season, prime Toby and Jan .. no excuses if we are expecting anything from Jose who inherited a broken side)

Not disagreeing with you ... but ..

- If he can get 25-30 games out of Bale, Ndombele and Lo Celso, hard to make excuses

the but is on Poch .. he damn near had the perfect side .. he did well, but failed on the miracles mate .. (Walker, Rose, Dembele, prime Eriksen, Dele in first two season, prime Toby and Jan .. no excuses if we are expecting anything from Jose who inherited a broken side)

I agree with your first point - fitness is also an important consideration, and all three of those above (plus Kane) have had tendencies to miss large parts of seasons. But the hope is that, even if one or two missing, the others (plus Son and the supporting cast of Lucas, Dele and Bergwijn) can make up for them - and really, that's an array of talent that no manager in the last 25 years has had access to.

Re: Poch, I think he built a great side, but he was let down in some key areas, mate. It was an incredibly balanced, incredibly dangerous first eleven, with some capable backups - but a weak bench in comparison to all our rivals, and a lack of winning know-how that comes from players who have been there and done it.

Both those areas are being addressed this window. Assuming close to full fitness, Mourinho could feasibly put out a side of Lloris, Doherty, Toby, Sanchez, Reguilon, Hojberg, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Bale, Son and Kane - and the bench would then be Gazza, Dier, Davies, Sissoko, Alli, Bergwijn, and the backup ST, whoever he turns out to be.

That's not including Lucas. Not including Lamela. Not including Winks. Not including Tanganga. Not including Gedson. Not even including the new CB we would hopefully buy.

It's suddenly a damn strong squad across all areas, mate. Much stronger than the one Poch had, even if the first eleven isn't all that much better (and may actually be a bit worse) than the magnificent 16/17 side.

Anyway, I think the key point is not to relitigate Poch's time here - only to point out that Mourinho will have no excuses now. Which is, hopefully, how he likes it - if not, he's done for as a top-level manager.

I agree with your first point - fitness is also an important consideration, and all three of those above (plus Kane) have had tendencies to miss large parts of seasons. But the hope is that, even if one or two missing, the others (plus Son and the supporting cast of Lucas, Dele and Bergwijn) can make up for them - and really, that's an array of talent that no manager in the last 25 years has had access to.

Re: Poch, I think he built a great side, but he was let down in some key areas, mate. It was an incredibly balanced, incredibly dangerous first eleven, with some capable backups - but a weak bench in comparison to all our rivals, and a lack of winning know-how that comes from players who have been there and done it.

Both those areas are being addressed this window. Assuming close to full fitness, Mourinho could feasibly put out a side of Lloris, Doherty, Toby, Sanchez, Reguilon, Hojberg, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Bale, Son and Kane - and the bench would then be Gazza, Dier, Davies, Sissoko, Alli, Bergwijn, and the backup ST, whoever he turns out to be.

That's not including Lucas. Not including Lamela. Not including Winks. Not including Tanganga. Not including Gedson. Not even including the new CB we would hopefully buy.

It's suddenly a damn strong squad across all areas, mate. Much stronger than the one Poch had, even if the first eleven isn't all that much better (and may actually be a bit worse) than the magnificent 16/17 side.

Anyway, I think the key point is not to relitigate Poch's time here - only to point out that Mourinho will have no excuses now. Which is, hopefully, how he likes it - if not, he's done for as a top-level manager.

My hope is for once, we get lucky ..

- A top level manager and a WC class player that want to shove the brick back down the throat of the doubters ..

Jose will moan (it's what he does), but hopefully he will find that magic he had, hopefully the competition for spots pushes the players that extra 5% (you are right, the squad is deep now, you play brick, there will be someone waiting for your spot, and with all the games, someone who will have chance to show it).

Get another Striker in and it is definitely the Over to you moment for Jose

Has to at the very least get the side looking like they are interested in actually playing football.

Better today, first half a HUGE worry but the Kane and Son show put pay to any 2nd half blues.

Two wins in three, keep it going Jose, you do that and everyone will back you

Better today, first half a HUGE worry but the Kane and Son show put pay to any 2nd half blues.

Two wins in three, keep it going Jose, you do that and everyone will back you

Deserves some credit today. Was getting it full throttle in the match thread from a lot of people including me up to Son's second goal. I honestly wanted to choke him when I heard Ndombele went off. But he sorted us out at half time. Made us much more solid and then exploited their tactical stupidity. Fair play to him. Centre back is a worry though. Sanchez isn't up to it and Dier was even worse today.

Deserves some credit today. Was getting it full throttle in the match thread from a lot of people including me up to Son's second goal. I honestly wanted to choke him when I heard Ndombele went off. But he sorted us out at half time. Made us much more solid and then exploited their tactical stupidity. Fair play to him. Centre back is a worry though. Sanchez isn't up to it and Dier was even worse today.

Yeah he gets credit where due for today

That's how its sliced and diced for managers

My massive concern and you look at Alli potentially leaving and how their relationship looks in the doc, you then flip that to Dier and you wonder is that misplaced Jose love for someone who is ultimately going to damage his time here.

I like Dier as a lad, hard working tough guy, but liability, its too much too often

Showing up moura, Dier and winks.
Demonstrating his man management in Ndom, Lo Celso and Lamela.
Displaying his tactical genius with Kane dropping back to feed Son.

Good manager, we have there!

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I don't for a minute buy this lazy narrative about him being yesterday's man as if he can't understand or compete with Klopp and Guardiola. Mourinho is a top, top manager. He can be odious at times, he's ruthless but the man knows football and he knows people.

He's exactly what critics said Jol and Poch weren't. That's what we've brought in and we've now given him the tools to succeed.

I don't for a minute buy this lazy narrative about him being yesterday's man as if he can't understand or compete with Klopp and Guardiola. Mourinho is a top, top manager. He can be odious at times, he's ruthless but the man knows football and he knows people.

He's exactly what critics said Jol and Poch weren't. That's what we've bought in and we've now given him the tools to succeed.

I agree, he is a winner and has the medals to prove it. Lets give him some time to get this team organized and then lets see where we are.

He's exactly what critics said Jol and Poch weren't. That's what we've bought in and we've now given him the tools to succeed.

Thats for me why he is set a higher standard of questions.

You move forward as a club not back or sideways and if we are going to sack managers like Poch for not being Jose then Jose needs to be Jose and succeed. Thats what the game is about, the benchmark goes up so Jose is judged by a different standard than Poch and has to do the business.

Today he did very well, we need to back these things up and improve where their are glaring issues, aka CB.

We move on and enjoy the win, makes the Sunday evening beer later seems sweeter

Thats for me why he is set a higher standard of questions.

You move forward as a club not back or sideways and if we are going to sack managers like Poch for not being Jose then Jose needs to be Jose and succeed. Thats what the game is about, the benchmark goes up so Jose is judged by a different standard than Poch and has to do the business.

Today he did very well, we need to back these things up and improve where their are glaring issues, aka CB.

We move on and enjoy the win, makes the Sunday evening beer later seems sweeter

Yeah I think that's fair. Ask the questions of him but I think the critics should keep two things in mind -

1. He's a winner and understands football just fine
2. He needs time to impose his style/thinking on the squad

If José is dropping Dele to try and wind him up to get more out of him. We have a potential tough run of games. Will be interesting if he plays in either of the two midweek games coming up. If he doesn’t that could be it. Or it’s part of A José master plan to unleash an angry Dele against Utd at the end of the run.

If José is dropping Dele to try and wind him up to get more out of him. We have a potential tough run of games. Will be interesting if he plays in either of the two midweek games coming up. If he doesn’t that could be it. Or it’s part of A José master plan to unleash an angry Dele against Utd at the end of the run.
I think he is juggling his squad and trying to get a winning team of players who listen

Back